Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (SuzukaBlueAP2)

i just picked up an 08 fitS MT about a month ago...

the car had 2 miles on it when i drove it off the lot...after reading up through all these pages till about 2 in the morning i was sound asleep happily knowing i havent had any
of these problems yet...

this morning i get up and on my way to work i felt like i was sitting in my seat correctly i adjusted and realized it wasnt me i felt around and it seem as if my drivers seat inner bolster on my the backrest is kinda loose or something it doesnt feel as stiff as any of my other bolster i dont know what the inside of the seat looks like but if there was a bracket the bolster should be mounted to that it would be lose or something....

...anyone else feel anything like this...

sorry for the lengthy post...by the way im 6'1 180 lbs so dont tell me im fat and already wearing out the seat
Old 08-30-2008, 11:04 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone ever have any problems with their powersteering?

For some reason mine is making noise when I turn the wheel while parked. It also made a weird *** noise today while I was making a U-turn.

I'll be at the dealer on friday.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just picked up a 2008 Fit Sport a few months ago. i have had issues where it feels to be shiftin into 2nd by itself. and yeah it does run like poop when the C light is on, but so does my civic ex in the morning. so no complaints there.

but i love this little car all in all.
GREAT MPG and plenty of SCOOT! lol
Old 11-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn I didnt even know about these flaws I was thinking about trading my altima for one of these
Old 11-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

had my 09 for almost a month now, only issue i had was the a/c button not staying on one night. cant get it to malfunction again but it's always in the back of my mind. if i take it to the dealer they'll tell me i'm nuts b/c it wont do it again...
Old 11-14-2008, 03:03 AM

Default Re: ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;) (eL)

i have a question how to calculate a header thx
Old 12-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont know if anyone had this problem but i was driving my 07 fit like i would regularly and all of a sudden the inside of the car smelled like gasoline....the heater was on...had to say i was kinda worried....i dont think it was coming from outside because i rolled down the window and the smell went away...any help.?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:44 PM
New User

Default Re: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribu

I have a 2008 Honda Fit base model with alloys, fog lights, from the sport. Have had a few small problems. I live in Florida. can someone give me the name os the zone manager and their phone number pls.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:01 PM

Default Re: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribu

Just got my 08 Fit Sport about 3 weeks ago and I've noticed that it does feel like it pops outta first as I shift into second gear. Noticed it happens mostly in the morning and Ive also noticed a dash rattle on harsh roads.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 PM

anyone have this problem yet: (2K8 Base Model Fit Manual Trans)

Turn the Fit on, CEL pops up, let it idle until it warms up. Put in reverse and get ready to go, only one problem...car is not moving. So put it neutral, and press gas pedal to see if RPM's rise...and nothing. Its like my car is not reading when I press the gas pedal, even pressed pedal all the way to the floor and nothing. So I turn the car off and start again and everything is fine. Very confused!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Shaggy143Music
Just got my 08 Fit Sport about 3 weeks ago and I've noticed that it does feel like it pops outta first as I shift into second gear. Noticed it happens mostly in the morning and Ive also noticed a dash rattle on harsh roads.

well of course the fit is sensitive on harsh roads it rattles and feels every groove of the road. but about the gears popping it seems natural? i notice it too but not like a weird kind of way. it just easily slides into the second gear
Old 03-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I notice especially when the car warms up that when you press the brake theres like a lound clanking/thud noise?
Old 03-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a black honda fit. it will be dumped in 2mounths . but i just put a JL AUDI 13.5 W7 subwoofer in it. it is loud a **** . yea thats right a w7 subwoofer
Old 05-26-2009, 12:33 AM

I have been a tech for about 5 years now and just picked up an 08 fit in october of last year. I drive a lot, I have 28k on it as of right now. I work at a Lincoln dealership and my last vehicle was a Lincoln Mark LT so the FIT was a pretty big downgrade as far as a daily driver goes.

I honestly cannot remember a car that I have owned that did not have some sort of rattle or tick when it was freezing cold. Being a car junkie I have always tried to let my cars warm up before I drive them, it is a good thing to do.

Yes, the shift from 1-2 seems "clunky" some times. To me it sounds like linkage, but I haven't really looked at it either. Now, I'm not sure how many of you are used to cable transmissions but the ones I have had in the past have made more "noise" and felt quite a bit different than a non-cable transmission.

The brakes. Thus far I am impressed. I am and always will be a road track junkie, it's what I do and every car that is semi capable of running a lap gets that. With hawk pads and motul fluid the car really performs very well. The stock pads and fluid on the street have been more than nice to me. More often than not (and I'm hoping the other techs here can back this up) when I see a car with pulsating brakes I will see it again. It has a lot to do with driving habits. Hate to say it but if your brakes pulsate it could be your fault.

As far as recalls for wiring harnesses and things of that nature, go look up ANY other car. I bet you find just as many if not more in the first few years of production. These things happen, it is a part of the car business that will most likely never change. Engineers cannot predict everything.

Now the hard take off. That is the DBW, plain and simple. Sit in neutral and slap the accelerator...how long did it take to react? A noticeable amount of time right? That is why the car feel as though it wants to stall when you are taking off. This is going to be one of those things you will have to get used to and adjust your driving style for. Yes the technology is out there for immediate response on DBW but for $16k you wont see it for a while.

My overall opinion of this car is that it was built very well. For what I paid I have a car that beats out the reliability of cars that are more than twice the price. I am more than happy to deal with a small rattle when it is cold and the cable transmission noise in exchange for the problems I see on so many cars every day over and over again that I'm sure some of the other techs here deal with as well.

Just my two cents.

I forgot that this was the DIY thread as well, in the near future I will be replacing the L15 for a K20 so just a quick heads up to look for my post on that, hopefully it will be done before the end of the year.

Last edited by JDM-97CX; 05-26-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:39 PM

Default *Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread * Suspension issues

Anybody has problem with the suspension for a FIT 08?
I notice a wile ago my is lower on the left (driver) side aprox ½ inch than the right side.

The dealer told me they checked other 3FIT and all they are the same.
This is how should be a new car? With one side lower that the other?
Or it acceptable this tolerance? I think NOT.

any ideeas?

Thx
Old 07-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow a whole 1/2 and inch difference imagine that.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by claymore
Wow a whole 1/2 and inch difference imagine that.
well ya, this is my first car with this "defect". the others there are perfect balanced. even my old 2002 minivan
why can't be a new car perfect balaced? I kinde expect to be...

that 1/2 inch is enaught to be visible nd sincerely I don’t like it.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Idk if its just me or if my chiks ge8 fit feels like it has NO "VTEC" lol idk if im just use 2 my b16b in my hatch or idk...

Also noticed a rattling noise coming from the back and ended up being the liscene plate frame,

The passenger side windshield wiper arm seems 2 vibrate @ idle,

And also the tires feel just TOO rough 2 be on the road, honda could make some improvements on these @ least on the tires cuz the other 2 are fixable little things. but im still sattisfied with what she has=]
Old 11-21-2009, 12:10 PM
New User

I have a 2009 Fit Sport a/t w/o Nav. Have 10k miles in just over 3 mo. Happy so far, BUT the audio is HORRIBLE. The distortion drives me crazy and I don't know if its the receiver or the speakers, Any suggestions for repair or aftermarket replacements?
Old 11-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribu

JDM-97CX-

Just in case your plans have stopped for the K20 transplant, the NTD 3-Drive Throttle Controller will eliminate the throttle lag. Normal retail price is $180. shipped, and the fitfreak Group Buy has them at $130.00 until 11/25 when the GB ends. This controller works much better than the Blitz T/C, sells for 1/2 the Blitz price, and this one is made by the same manufacturer as the Pivot.

No, I don't work for the vendor. I'm just a happy customer who used the Blitz T/C on my GD3, and now have the NTD on my GE8. You get the instant response of a cable or mechanical linkage throttle, with the advantage of an "ECO" Mode that slows down the throttle response if desired (like heavy freeway traffic, or slow urban traffic conditions- actually increases city driving fuel economy). For the small price, this device is GREAT!

Originally Posted by JDM-97CX
I have been a tech for about 5 years now and just picked up an 08 fit in october of last year. I drive a lot, I have 28k on it as of right now. I work at a Lincoln dealership and my last vehicle was a Lincoln Mark LT so the FIT was a pretty big downgrade as far as a daily driver goes.

I honestly cannot remember a car that I have owned that did not have some sort of rattle or tick when it was freezing cold. Being a car junkie I have always tried to let my cars warm up before I drive them, it is a good thing to do.

Yes, the shift from 1-2 seems "clunky" some times. To me it sounds like linkage, but I haven't really looked at it either. Now, I'm not sure how many of you are used to cable transmissions but the ones I have had in the past have made more "noise" and felt quite a bit different than a non-cable transmission.

The brakes. Thus far I am impressed. I am and always will be a road track junkie, it's what I do and every car that is semi capable of running a lap gets that. With hawk pads and motul fluid the car really performs very well. The stock pads and fluid on the street have been more than nice to me. More often than not (and I'm hoping the other techs here can back this up) when I see a car with pulsating brakes I will see it again. It has a lot to do with driving habits. Hate to say it but if your brakes pulsate it could be your fault.

As far as recalls for wiring harnesses and things of that nature, go look up ANY other car. I bet you find just as many if not more in the first few years of production. These things happen, it is a part of the car business that will most likely never change. Engineers cannot predict everything.

Now the hard take off. That is the DBW, plain and simple. Sit in neutral and slap the accelerator...how long did it take to react? A noticeable amount of time right? That is why the car feel as though it wants to stall when you are taking off. This is going to be one of those things you will have to get used to and adjust your driving style for. Yes the technology is out there for immediate response on DBW but for $16k you wont see it for a while.

My overall opinion of this car is that it was built very well. For what I paid I have a car that beats out the reliability of cars that are more than twice the price. I am more than happy to deal with a small rattle when it is cold and the cable transmission noise in exchange for the problems I see on so many cars every day over and over again that I'm sure some of the other techs here deal with as well.

Just my two cents.

I forgot that this was the DIY thread as well, in the near future I will be replacing the L15 for a K20 so just a quick heads up to look for my post on that, hopefully it will be done before the end of the year.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eL

For some reason mine is making noise when I turn the wheel while parked. It also made a weird *** noise today while I was making a U-turn.

Same deal here EL. Any word from the stealership?
Old 12-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also try going speed limit anywhere and roll down the back window... OMFG!!! It makes a wierd *** wind/bass noise lol (maybe only on 09 fits without window visors) but hopefully the mugen visors eliminate that... thing lol
Old 12-15-2009, 10:31 AM

I noticed alot of the hard shifting issues with my stock 07 fit. Started running premium fuel, put some pulstar plugs in it, and a K&N intake and I dont have any of those cold shift issues anymore. Wierd.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yo cANT WAIT TELL I.A. come back around 6 more mounths.. who is going down this year
Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ;35297392

I would hope that by this time, you have found a solution to your power steering problems. Such problems are the subject of many posts on other forums. Usually due to failure of the power steering controller box located on the interior firewall in front of the center console.

Quick Reply: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;)