Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (jdeemseerx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdeemseerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for those of you that are concerned with your carpet being messed up during the recall..dont worry.. The recall itself is easy, the panel covering your hood release comes off, and the panel going along side your drivers sill comes off, it unhooks from the carpet..and the harness is visible from there..
take all electrical tape off, expose wires and splice points.. take off old insulation, install updated insulation. done. reinstall all plastic and have no worries about your airbags or SRS system..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, I guess I'll stop by the dealership on of these weekends then, maybe test drive some cars in the process?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;) (counterFIT

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by counterFITs2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My 2008 Fit S AT has about 1500 miles... Problems I have had NOT Previously discussed. I hate to say it but it may be the one in a million lemon Honda's:

Car AUTOMATICALLY shifting from 4th to 1st while driving 45 MPH... and no- the paddle shifters were not touched. This has happened twice and I have nearly been rear-ended...

Maximum 26 MPG no matter if its all freeway or city... Oregon adds something that makes Gas Mileage go down a FEW miles this time of year, but this is ridiculous!

Car fogs up when its is parked and nobody or ANY liquids are inside the car... I have been told its a leak allowing moisture to come in... my 1990 Civic did this after a major collision... but this is a NEW CAR? Interior smells of mildew... not the fresh new car smell.

And pretty much every other mechanical issue I have seen people already mentioned... Horrible performance in cold starts, Low power, uneasy shifting (and this is an AT)

Thanks for any advice for the newbie. Any insight on this would help as well as suggestions as the dealership I go to is clueless...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Take that back to the dealership and milk your warranty for all its worth
Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just thought I'd post on the other side - wife's 07 Fit LX standard, 20K km. The manual transmission is fine. The shift linkage 1-2 is not as smooth as in other cable shifters we've had, but the gearbox is fine. The dash doesn't rattle and neither do the doors. The clutch only causes a jackrabbit start if I get the throttle-clutch balance wrong, and that doesn't happen very often these days. It's a good car with zero faults so far.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bobs600)

huh.. ihaven't gotten a recall notice yet, but i know i'm in the effected area...
Old 02-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (E-AT_me)

I've got a new one happen to me recently. When I start my car in the morning, the idle feels rough and shakey. Kinda feels like a motor mount is toast. After about 3-4 min it it smoothes out, but if try to drive away before the cold indicator turns off my car sputters and at times it turns off. This happen to anyone else?
Old 02-21-2008, 05:14 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My car drives like poop most of the time when the C is on but it goes away when it warms up.

My **** never shut off though. If that happened, I'd be camped out in refresh mode at the dealer to make sure I was first in line
Old 02-22-2008, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eL)

I want to take it in but I know that as soon as I get to the dealer the damn car will act normal. It doesn't shut off often, maybe like 4 times in the 2 years I've had it I need to go in for the airbag recall anyways, so I'll bring it to their attention then and see what they say.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:08 AM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone else have this issue?....

I seem to be ripping a hole in my driver side carpet right under the gas pedal right at the edge of my floor mat. It's been there since about 3 months after buying the car. I have NEVER had this happen in any car I owned.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:56 PM

Fits are still good cars
Old 02-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xchristianpnoix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xchristianpnoix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fits are still good cars</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, but we get what we pay for
Old 03-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Today my girlfriends a/c button on her Fit stopped workin. The a/c works when u hold the button but take ur finger off and the button doesnt stick. Finally i got pissed and held the button for like 10 min. and it started workin again. Dont no if anyone else had this problem but hopefully its fixed for good.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought my fit about a month ago, and my issues are...

-Shifting from 1st to 2nd sucks at 3500
-Glovebox needs to get slammed to close

I went to the dealership about the recalls for the airbags, and they said my fit had them done already... is this true?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (honda_runner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda_runner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought my fit about a month ago, and my issues are...

-Shifting from 1st to 2nd sucks at 3500
-Glovebox needs to get slammed to close

I went to the dealership about the recalls for the airbags, and they said my fit had them done already... is this true?</TD></TR></TABLE>

PM me your vin and i'll let you know if your car was done or not.

I can run your vin through the system and it lets you know what open recalls/campaigns are available and if they were completed or not.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pgpbubble)

I havent looked through all these posts, but heres my issue.
Another member on Fitfreak is having the same problem. Im not the only one....

When I turn on my headlights, sometimes they dont turn on. My runnings and fogs are on but my headlights wont come on.
I thought it was my HID's and due to weather. The first time it happened it was cold and rainy. I was pissed as I kinda needed my headlights. It was morning but not REAL dark.

Happened a few other times in the morning, also during colder weather. Today at around 1-2pm; HOT as hell they didnt turn on.

I turned them off and on numerous times and the last time I turned it rather hard and they popped on.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:27 AM

only thing i have noticed is it is sometimes hard to shift into reverse..
Old 04-24-2008, 11:29 AM

Default Re: (keepdemk1xds)

I just got mine replaced. Lucky for me my rep is tight with me and took a look right way.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Banned

Default Re: (615gd3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 615gd3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">only thing i have noticed is it is sometimes hard to shift into reverse..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I get the same thing.. Also, there is the occasional 2nd gear grind. When I get my next oil change I'll be asking if they can change out the fluid under warranty.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:59 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Any of you ever get your dash fixed? The rattles? My dealership is worthless and didn't even bother to look at it. They also missed the rattle on my heat shield TWICE! Ugh, they'd find it if it wasn't warranty work.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any of you ever get your dash fixed? The rattles? My dealership is worthless and didn't even bother to look at it. They also missed the rattle on my heat shield TWICE! Ugh, they'd find it if it wasn't warranty work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The main rattle on my dash is the plastic trim piece that is on the top of the instrument cluster cover. It only rattles on BAD roads or cold mornings/nights (rattle goes away when I hold piece down with hand) .. I may end up fixing this one myself. Instead of fixing this rattle they tore INTO my dash and covered some of the HVAC control cables.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdeemseerx)

I'm taking my Fit in on Monday for the wire harness recall under the driver side carpet. While I'm there, I might as well get an oil change.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any one else have problems with their wheel studs i have stripped 3 and broken one. and have never done so with any honda i have ever owned.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:28 AM

Dang, there is alot of things to think about when I get one, I'm looking for a manual sport, hopefully one of the rarer orange ones. Anyone know how these recall things compare to other cars more or less things, more or less serious things, etc? Where do you get the recall info? is there a specific site for it so I can bring it up before I buy the car? thanks, new to the forum BTW so HI
Old 05-31-2008, 01:39 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Uberfit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Uberfit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dang, there is alot of things to think about when I get one, I'm looking for a manual sport, hopefully one of the rarer orange ones. Anyone know how these recall things compare to other cars more or less things, more or less serious things, etc? Where do you get the recall info? is there a specific site for it so I can bring it up before I buy the car? thanks, new to the forum BTW so HI</TD></TR></TABLE>

None of the recalls are real serious. (As far as I can remember, anyway).

Recall info is usually sent to the people who the car is registered to. Works best when you are the original owner. There is a website that sends me info everytime there is a recall or service bulletin... the name of the site escapes me at the moment, however.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are these problems only for 07s? im planning on picking up a fit, not too sure what year though.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (dirrtybirdy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dirrtybirdy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are these problems only for 07s? im planning on picking up a fit, not too sure what year though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well at this point you can get an 07 or an 08. The 09's haven't hit floors yet.

As far as TSB's, I don't think you will come across any. Some states in the salt belt (at least that's what i think they referred to it as) got notices that during the winter months drivers could track in salt and snow and the salt could get under the carpet and corrode one of the harnesses under there. This could cause all airbags to fail to deploy in the event of impact.

Quick Reply: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;)