Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (PEZZPUNK8666)

yeh, i have the same problem. clutch seems to seperate too quickly. -__-"
Old 12-03-2007, 03:03 PM

hey guys sorry to inform you of bad news, but there is yet another recall out. Concerning the floor harness, some wires were not insulated correctly and need to be re-insulated.. just heard news of this today at my dealership.. contact yours to set up an appointment.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:28 AM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone else have a problem with their Fit turning into the ultimate rattle hatch in the cold?

The amount of noise coming from my dashboard and passenger doors should be a reason to lemon law this thing
Old 12-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My dash has been creeking/making noise ever since 9k miles It doesnt really bother me.

Im having problems with my cruise control too... It sucked not to have on my trip to Vegas last month
It seemed to work when I hit a bump in the road and then last couple min and turn off.

Anyone notice that if your rear seats are in normal position not reclined, they make noise?
Old 12-06-2007, 07:18 AM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (USDMGD3!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDMGD3! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My dash has been creeking/making noise ever since 9k miles It doesnt really bother me.

Im having problems with my cruise control too... It sucked not to have on my trip to Vegas last month
It seemed to work when I hit a bump in the road and then last couple min and turn off.

Anyone notice that if your rear seats are in normal position not reclined, they make noise? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm, my CC would turn off on me but I thought it was just me resting my hand on the button. I knew it happened too often for it to be my mistake.

As far as the seats, mine are totally quiet... for now. The drivers seat in my 06 Civic was the noisiest pos in the world and the dealer didn't even acknowledge it.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eL)

I was thinking maybe it had to do with the brake pads cause they probable need to be changed soon.

Yeah incline the rear seats all the way till it locks and drive around for awhile . It usually makes noise as if I didnt lock it into position.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Where the hell is Bullhead City, Arizona, U.S.A. Formerly of Huntington Beach, Ca 92649

Hey eL & others......

Just a thought

You guys try going to a different dealership for your dash rattle issues?

Might have better results.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:51 AM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr. B in Az)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. B in Az &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey eL & others......

Just a thought

You guys try going to a different dealership for your dash rattle issues?

Might have better results.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have never gone to the dealer for the dash issue. I need to get my front and rear wiper issues fixed though. I could try another dealership but the one I always goes to gives me a ride home while they "fix" my car or they give me a rental.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:16 AM

Yep. I picked up an '08 LX a few days ago, it doesn't even have 110kms yet and I've noticed that the wiper on the passenger side and the one on the hatch are complete crap, even when soaking them in fluid.

Is there any recalls or anything I can do to fix this? I'd get those 'wiper pressure spring' things, but there has to be an alternative that's not so damn ghetto.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ImPuLsIvE)

less than 1000miles but none of these problems at all yet. (knock on wood) i think i got a good one. hahahaa. well, atleast my wife did.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:13 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have never gone to the dealer for the dash issue. I need to get my front and rear wiper issues fixed though. I could try another dealership but the one I always goes to gives me a ride home while they "fix" my car or they give me a rental. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey eL, is there a TSB online that I could print out when I go to the dealer for the wiper blade chatter issues? So far I haven't found anything.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:25 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicWagonRUS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicWagonRUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hey eL, is there a TSB online that I could print out when I go to the dealer for the wiper blade chatter issues? So far I haven't found anything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You could just tell them. I "got it done" and they still chatter like all hell. It's so annoying. I get bad luck with both new hondas I bought (06 Civic) and this thing. There's always something wrong
Old 01-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdeemseerx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdeemseerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys sorry to inform you of bad news, but there is yet another recall out. Concerning the floor harness, some wires were not insulated correctly and need to be re-insulated.. just heard news of this today at my dealership.. contact yours to set up an appointment.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea i got that letter too....said the airbags could deploy whenever

deffinetly something to get checked out
Old 01-09-2008, 12:43 PM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Header install coming soon...
Old 01-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (krulGrafix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krulGrafix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i feel the same thing like if the tranny is popping out of first gear. Maybe a short throw shifter would fix that. I generally don't like the way it shifts anyways but noticed the same problem from 1st to 2nd.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't felt this yet, but I've only had my fit for a few weeks, I have noticed however that it shifts much smoother at higher rpms. If you shift like a granny it's alot harder lol.. it's almost like it want's to be wound out

The DBW in the 2008 MT I drive seems to be very responsive, and has caused me no concerns at all. I did notice alot of weird things when I test drove an AT model. The shift point control programming was horrible for spirited driving and made me feel very disconnected from the vehicle. The sales person even admitted that 90% of what they sell are MT's lol.

The paint does look a little weak, and I have already decided to get my car cut polished and hard clear coated with a 3M paint protector product for both better looks and longer lasting finish!

I'll keep you guys posted on further developments and weather or not I get the dreaded dash rattle &gt;.&lt;... I'm sure the stereo i'm installing will help with that lol!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (USDMGD3!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDMGD3! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was thinking maybe it had to do with the brake pads cause they probable need to be changed soon.

Yeah incline the rear seats all the way till it locks and drive around for awhile . It usually makes noise as if I didnt lock it into position. </TD></TR></TABLE>

About the brake pads, I just changed mine after 28K miles and they wore very unevenly. The caliper seems to almost stick (frozen)and I think that has something to do with my low gas mileage. I took my old pads to honda to show them and they said that it was normal. Basically one pad was almost new and the other was down to bare metal .
Old 01-11-2008, 03:42 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fitfreak3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fitfreak3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

About the brake pads, I just changed mine after 28K miles and they wore very unevenly. The caliper seems to almost stick (frozen)and I think that has something to do with my low gas mileage. I took my old pads to honda to show them and they said that it was normal. Basically one pad was almost new and the other was down to bare metal . </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've felt a slight pulsing in my brakes since the beginning. Probably has something to do with the fact that the brakes SUCK
Old 01-12-2008, 10:10 AM

I got a recall notice from Honda about some Airbag wiring that goes under the carpet. They claim that in the Salt Belt states, the wiring might become corroded, and to fix this, they want to reinforce the wiring with something. Thing is, I don't want them tearing up or messing up the carpet. Has anyone else had this done?
Old 01-13-2008, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicWagonRUS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicWagonRUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got a recall notice from Honda about some Airbag wiring that goes under the carpet. They claim that in the Salt Belt states, the wiring might become corroded, and to fix this, they want to reinforce the wiring with something. Thing is, I don't want them tearing up or messing up the carpet. Has anyone else had this done?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No but I have to get it done too.....pm me if u take urs
Old 01-14-2008, 06:55 PM

Default Re: ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;) (fine_Fit)

My 2008 Fit S AT has about 1500 miles... Problems I have had NOT Previously discussed. I hate to say it but it may be the one in a million lemon Honda's:

Car AUTOMATICALLY shifting from 4th to 1st while driving 45 MPH... and no- the paddle shifters were not touched. This has happened twice and I have nearly been rear-ended...

Maximum 26 MPG no matter if its all freeway or city... Oregon adds something that makes Gas Mileage go down a FEW miles this time of year, but this is ridiculous!

Car fogs up when its is parked and nobody or ANY liquids are inside the car... I have been told its a leak allowing moisture to come in... my 1990 Civic did this after a major collision... but this is a NEW CAR? Interior smells of mildew... not the fresh new car smell.

And pretty much every other mechanical issue I have seen people already mentioned... Horrible performance in cold starts, Low power, uneasy shifting (and this is an AT)

Thanks for any advice for the newbie. Any insight on this would help as well as suggestions as the dealership I go to is clueless...

Old 01-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;) (counterFIT

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by counterFITs2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Interior smells of mildew... not the fresh new car smell.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Make sure you are not abruptly cutting off the air conditioning or the defroster; let the air blow out for a few seconds before shutting it off. Otherwise mildew will build up in your vents and it will stink.

If you don't think that is an issue and the smell is there 100% of the time, I would certainly take that to a dealership and talk to them about it.

For anyone interested in keeping their Fit smelling like it did on the showroom floor, get yourself some Honda spray cleaner & polish.

This is the best cleaner ever! You can use it on pretty much all of the surfaces of the car; including the paint if you need to get bugs off.

It is my understanding they no longer produce this and the scent of this was patented. I don't know how hard it is to find now.

Back to some issues, my 07 has become quite the rattle this winter. My dash is super annoying. It has become pretty much impossible to have a quiet car ride and that really irks me.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:26 AM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;) (counterFIT

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuzukaBlueAP2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Back to some issues, my 07 has become quite the rattle this winter. My dash is super annoying. It has become pretty much impossible to have a quiet car ride and that really irks me.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here. My dash, and my front passenger door are so damn annoying. My drivers side door is starting to make a slight but annoying noise as well

My 06 Civic coupe was like this too. Kinda makes me never want to buy a new honda.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:49 AM

Hey, have any of you guys considered the possibility that it is possibly the driver because the honda fit was the most sold car in japan last year and we get the same transmissions as them and they had zero recalls with these complaints. Plus you guys need to be shifting at higher rpms. The fit gets the good gas mileage by taking it up until right before vtec then shifting try that out first. Secondly, if you have an aftermarket exhaust that is not the correct size, such as a huge 50mm... then you are going to lag off the line. Do your homework and get a proper exhaust for the extremely small 1.5 liter engine. Go look at the racing honda fit that the company SPOON made. It has a T1R exhaust. Small, but way better than any greddy turbo would be.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 AM
dai

Default Re: (Fit4it)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fit4it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go look at the racing honda fit that the company SPOON made. It has a T1R exhaust. Small, but way better than any greddy turbo would be.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The SPOON racing Fit has a SPOON exhaust. The T1R exhaust is a totally different exhaust.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:09 PM

for those of you that are concerned with your carpet being messed up during the recall..dont worry.. The recall itself is easy, the panel covering your hood release comes off, and the panel going along side your drivers sill comes off, it unhooks from the carpet..and the harness is visible from there..
take all electrical tape off, expose wires and splice points.. take off old insulation, install updated insulation. done. reinstall all plastic and have no worries about your airbags or SRS system..

Quick Reply: ► ** Official GD3/Fit DIY & TSB/Recall and Issues Thread ** Feel free to contribute ;)