Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

JDM K24 Swap into 02 CRV. Some help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JDM K24 Swap into 02 CRV. Some help needed.

1. My jdm K24A has a intake manifold that says RBB-HF3 on it, what is the USDM equivalent to this? I need both of the intake manifold gaskets as well as the throttle body gasket but not sure which Honda to look up for the parts.

2. How can I bypass or delete the intake manifold runner control? I found a link to a site where a guy used resistors and a relay to trick the sensor somehow but it seems like his picture links are dead. I thought I could simply swap my stock crv intake manifold to this jdm k24 but I cant since it would leave the coolant port in the head exposed.

3. What throttle body can I use to retain my cruise control. Seems like this jdm K24 came out of a car with no cruise control since I only have 1 bracket for the throttle cable

I escaped the Honda scene about 5 years now so not too familar with the K series engines. Was searching craigslist one day and got a crackhead deal on a completely stock 2002 CRV with a bad engine.

I went and bought a jdm K24A complete longblock not knowing there's like a million different versions of this motor. It ended up not being a direct swap. I had to swap the water pump housing along with the alternator, power steering pump, ac compressor, crank pully, & exhaust manifold so everything would line up correctly. Also realized this jdm K24 has a egr system on it. I figured since my crv ecu isnt looking for egr I dont even have to worry about that area. Correct me if im wrong.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:31 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts
Default Re: JDM K24 Swap into 02 CRV. Some help needed.

You should've done your homework
Old 02-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
You were better off just skipping this thread, you provided no useful information at all. A squirrel would've gave me better advice.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like you might have a 200hp k24 basically like the usdm TSX. Does it have Vtec on both intake and exhaust cams ? You might have to run K-pro so it runs properly, but who knows what other problems you might run into
Old 02-23-2018, 01:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tony_2018
SMH
Old 03-07-2018, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you got it figured out ?
Old 03-08-2018, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got everything sorted out. This k24 came out of a jdm element. The swap is in the car already. It runs and drives. I have a check engine light for the intake manifold runner control but besides that everything is good.
The following users liked this post:
Old 07-13-2018, 03:10 PM
Trial User

Hey, I'm the same boat. I just bought a 2004 crv 4wd with a blown engine from a friend of mine. It's in great condition despite having almost 200k. I just bought a JDM k24a for $600 today in Miami. I was told that the engine does fit and will work with some Modifications.

1. The intake does need to be replaced with the original. This leaves a water port open but you can put a blockoff plate on it. In the usdm k24a1 that port is used for the radiador hose and another hose that goes to the thermostat. I found this online,

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/K24-Intake-Manifold-Adapter_p_480.html

2. The thermostat hosing is different and need to be replaced with the original.

3. The EGR can be removed and another block-off plate can be added. The EGR housing is in conjunction with water inlet where the radiator hose goes. Leave this on.

This is what I was told when I bought the motor. I still need to pull the old engine out to be able to compare them though. I'm new to this site, I'll try to make a new thread for the conversion and post the link.

Any advice? Did you pull the engine and tranny or engine only? From the top or bottom?
Old 07-13-2018, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dennis Estrada
Hey, I'm the same boat. I just bought a 2004 crv 4wd with a blown engine from a friend of mine. It's in great condition despite having almost 200k. I just bought a JDM k24a for $600 today in Miami. I was told that the engine does fit and will work with some Modifications.

1. The intake does need to be replaced with the original. This leaves a water port open but you can put a blockoff plate on it. In the usdm k24a1 that port is used for the radiador hose and another hose that goes to the thermostat. I found this online,

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/K24-Intake-Manifold-Adapter_p_480.html

2. The thermostat hosing is different and need to be replaced with the original.

3. The EGR can be removed and another block-off plate can be added. The EGR housing is in conjunction with water inlet where the radiator hose goes. Leave this on.

This is what I was told when I bought the motor. I still need to pull the old engine out to be able to compare them though. I'm new to this site, I'll try to make a new thread for the conversion and post the link.

Any advice? Did you pull the engine and tranny or engine only? From the top or bottom?
Just PM’d you, check your messages
Old 09-18-2020, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you guys figure it out? what were the results
Old 09-18-2020, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by notsonerdy
did you guys figure it out? what were the results
I still own the CRV and it’s driving like a champ still going this day.

1. I used the original Element intake manifold you don’t need to swap with the CRV. You’ll get a check engine light for intake manifold runner control. Easy solution just take out the runner valve out of the plastic manifold use a angle grinder and cut it down to just the end where the sensor is. Plug it in and leave the damn thing hanging. By doing that the computer sees that the sensor is plugged in when the car starts and won’t throw a code.

2. I had to buy a USDM accord/element throttle body in order for my cruise control to work. The TPS sensor on the CRV is on the opposide side. I had to swap 2 out of the 3 wires for it to function properly. Swap the ground and power wires around and it will read correctly.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kaboom954

1. I used the original Element intake manifold you don’t need to swap with the CRV. You’ll get a check engine light for intake manifold runner control. Easy solution just take out the runner valve out of the plastic manifold use a angle grinder and cut it down to just the end where the sensor is. Plug it in and leave the damn thing hanging. By doing that the computer sees that the sensor is plugged in when the car starts and won’t throw a code.

2. I had to buy a USDM accord/element throttle body in order for my cruise control to work. The TPS sensor on the CRV is on the opposide side. I had to swap 2 out of the 3 wires for it to function properly. Swap the ground and power wires around and it will read correctly.
Hello i have the same SWAP as yours could you take a picture of the sensor hanging on the intake manifold? I don't quite understand how you dis It
The following users liked this post:
Old 12-29-2020, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm about to do this same swap, it sounds relatively painless reading what you guys have written...

I've read that in order for the 6 spd trans to work, there has to be another ground or something like that? any info on how that works?
Old 08-23-2021, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Punkaddic
Sounds like you might have a 200hp k24 basically like the usdm TSX. Does it have Vtec on both intake and exhaust cams ? You might have to run K-pro so it runs properly, but who knows what other problems you might run into
Hello, not trying to thred jack and yes I know this is old but I'm trying to fix my 03 crv for my daughter starting college next week I did a jdm k24a swap in my 2003 crv used the stock manifold but has rough idle or idle surge I got a code p1077 or P1078 for the intake already swapped that and same code no vacuumed leaks tried swapping the coolant ivac thing on the throttlebody and same thing. Looking closer the cam setup looks a little different. any help ID the engine or suggestions would be appreciated thinking it might need to be tuned. The dirty cams are the stock engine.

Last edited by maipaul_e; 08-23-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 452 Likes on 418 Posts

K24A is not the same as a K24A1 as found in the CR-V.

What is the VIN tag on the engine you have? There are a dozen variations on the K24A.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ryanthegreat1
K24A is not the same as a K24A1 as found in the CR-V.

What is the VIN tag on the engine you have? There are a dozen variations on the K24A.
So originally the CRV didn't have an idle issue which made me skeptical of the intake but bought a used one anyways seen another cheap used one so thought what the hell swapped the intake and throttlebody out today and issue is gone thanks everyone for the help!!!

Old 09-07-2021, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

https://maps.apple.com/?address=5707...3lfAUAQ%3D&t=m

Great JDM source.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:43 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by maipaul_e
Hello, not trying to thred jack and yes I know this is old but I'm trying to fix my 03 crv for my daughter starting college next week I did a jdm k24a swap in my 2003 crv used the stock manifold but has rough idle or idle surge I got a code p1077 or P1078 for the intake already swapped that and same code no vacuumed leaks tried swapping the coolant ivac thing on the throttlebody and same thing. Looking closer the cam setup looks a little different. any help ID the engine or suggestions would be appreciated thinking it might need to be tuned. The dirty cams are the stock engine.

I just did the same swap. Everything off the old motor has to come off and put on the new motor which mines is a k24a. A coolant adapter for the manifold is needed. The stock Crv intake manifold is similar too the 05-06 Acura rsx type-s. I just recently got the type-s intake manifold and throttle body which I would be installing. Wires for the throttle body needs too be extended and reorder from 1,2,3 too 3,2,1 in order for it to work. Will need a kpro to get the power of the engine. Going too need bigger fuel injectors and exhaust headers. Muffler has too be modified they don’t sell for the Crv. The closest similar mufflers to the 02-06 are the 07-11.
Old 04-24-2023, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

from wht I understand, the type s exhaust is almost identical to second gen Crv
Old 04-24-2023, 11:20 AM
Trial User

[QUOTE=notsonerdy;52711841]from wht I understand, the type s exhaust is almost identical to second gen Crv

Correct. shouldn’t have much modification when installing the manifold the throttle body on the other hand you will but it’s not that serious.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kaboom954

did you keep the stock ppa ecu and it ran fine?