Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

Engine oil get in combustion chamber (fuel)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine oil get in combustion chamber (fuel)

Hi there,

My friend got a 2002 Honda CRV automatic. Few day ago, his car got an engine light on, and he brought it to the machine shop to get repair. The mechanic told him that engine oil got mixed with fuel ( I dont know how to call it, whether it is to engine oil get in combustion chamber), and it will last for around 3-4 days without repairing. Anyone know what wrong it it?? Is it gunna blow while driving like that, or its gunna crack the pistons or something?? Thanks so much
Old 06-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Engine oil get in combustion chamber (fuel)

Originally Posted by ZXiPoZ
Hi there,

My friend got a 2002 Honda CRV automatic. Few day ago, his car got an engine light on, and he brought it to the machine shop to get repair. The mechanic told him that engine oil got mixed with fuel ( I dont know how to call it, whether it is to engine oil get in combustion chamber), and it will last for around 3-4 days without repairing. Anyone know what wrong it it?? Is it gunna blow while driving like that, or its gunna crack the pistons or something?? Thanks so much
What was the code that the engine computer set? That bit of info is needed o find out what turned on the CEL and what might be going on with motor. The part about the fuel and oil getting mixed is also mysterious. I would get a second opinion from another mechanic about the 3-4 day thing and also find out from your friend what the code # is and what happened while he was driving.