Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

Honda CRV

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:43 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda CRV

I just want to say that I am thoroughly disgusted with Honda in general and with the CRV in particular. Our CRV's air conditioning system went out, and came to find this was a common and known problem. Honda had supposedly put out an extended warranty for the issue, but when we went to the dealer and contacted Honda American, it seemed to have disappeared. We were faced with around $5000 to fix the issue on a used vehicle (only a few years old) that we purchased for $8000. Couldn't afford the fix, or a new vehicle, so we are suffering in 90 degree plus heat while gather the items and figure out how to fix this ourselves. I day do not do business with Honda, certainly do not buy the CRV! Wishing I'd gone with my first thought and bought Lexus, or anything else for that matter. Asked if Honda couldn't see their way to do something to help us out, seeing this was a known issue (a class action lawsuit for the issue was settled by Honda a few years back) but they gave us the shaft! Please spread the word- Honda is not worth doing business with!!!!
Old 07-30-2016, 12:57 AM
derp resistant

Default Re: Honda CRV

lol @ $5000 to fix the air conditioner. its a honda. nothing costs 5 grand to fix on it. the stealership is just doing what dealerships do, trying to take your money.

what exactly did they say went wrong with it?
Old 05-06-2021, 07:54 AM
Trial User

@popehardboiled I am in the same spot. I have total distrust of my dealership but i had a service plan with them that expired recently (the pushy up selling at mine is ridiculous). I got informed of the AC warranty extension in Nov and then this month it stops blowing cold air. Dealership just told me compressor and condenser need replacing. They are saying a small rock may have caused the leak in my condenser. Seems a HUGE coincidence. As a family we have 3 cars, this was our first Honda though. The combo of the dealerships flashy exterior and at best rude staff experiences and now this $2500 bill on a lightly used 2016 Civic-- GOOD BYE HONDA for me. I had a feeling it was going to go this way-- when i dropped it off all happy this morning, the guy was borderline aggressive and they hadn't even looked at it yet.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Try another dealer? Corporate?
Old 05-06-2021, 08:23 AM
Trial User

They have the car apart and me walking away now i would have to pay them $400 inspection fee and also wait for my independent look at it.... Sure not all dealerships are the same, but this dealership has really tarnished the brand perception for me (which goes beyond the vehicle itself). There are a lot of quality car brands out there, at times i've had more than one car of the same brand, and if based on the vehicle alone would probably have purchased at least one more Honda.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Get corporate Invovled and see if they will good will repair
Old 05-06-2021, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ergot4
I just want to say that I am thoroughly disgusted with Honda in general and with the CRV in particular. Our CRV's air conditioning system went out, and came to find this was a common and known problem. Honda had supposedly put out an extended warranty for the issue, but when we went to the dealer and contacted Honda American, it seemed to have disappeared. We were faced with around $5000 to fix the issue on a used vehicle (only a few years old) that we purchased for $8000. Couldn't afford the fix, or a new vehicle, so we are suffering in 90 degree plus heat while gather the items and figure out how to fix this ourselves. I day do not do business with Honda, certainly do not buy the CRV! Wishing I'd gone with my first thought and bought Lexus, or anything else for that matter. Asked if Honda couldn't see their way to do something to help us out, seeing this was a known issue (a class action lawsuit for the issue was settled by Honda a few years back) but they gave us the shaft! Please spread the word- Honda is not worth doing business with!!!!
Not enough information and too many holes in this story. If it's a CRV, it's probably the old warranty extension for the compressor clutch?? The CRV cannot be "only a few years old". And $5000 is straight robbery for that repair, there is no way a dealer could over quote that badly. There has to be more in that quote than a basic a/c repair.