Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

Crv gen1 bull bar. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crv gen1 bull bar. Please help

Hi there.
just got my first honda, a crv. And i love the car!
today i got a second hand factory bull bar. And i cant figure out where to bolt on the upper brackets?
should i mounth them on the bolts for the car horns? Could anyone tell me how to do this?

and also, does anyone know how to change the light bulbs for the climate controls?

thanks
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2017, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Crv gen1 bull bar. Please help

Anyone?
Old 02-21-2017, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Never seen that style personally. The one i have attaches with brackets at the bottom.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JoshTheJerk
Never seen that style personally. The one i have attaches with brackets at the bottom.
yes this also attaches at the bottom. But have 2 brackets at the middle part also. Guess they are for support or something?

blue circles: bottom.
green circles: upper brackets. Looks like they are suppost to go through the lower grill?
Old 02-21-2017, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pretty sure those are for mounting lights
Old 02-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JoshTheJerk
Pretty sure those are for mounting lights
no the yellow ones are for the ligths 🙂 (see picture) the green ones are like 2 long brackets that continues through the lower grill
Old 02-22-2017, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

These are the brackets i dont understand. I dont know if i have bolted them to the rigth place on the bull bar either. Can anyone help me please??
Old 05-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Trial User

Is there a maker's mark on the bulbar? I know not every bulbar will fit every vehicle. What is made of a Toyota truck or a Ford Truck won't fit a CRV. If you have a maker's mark, you could contact the maker of the bar that you have and seek direct advice. What I know is from reading as I've considering installing a bulbar (nudge bar) on my 2002 CRV. I think the bolt you want to use are the ones in front of the "U" shaped welded hooks for towing attachment or rope attachment if you need to secure something to the roof of your CRV like a Canoe. I think you might not have the right brackets. Look at a utube video and you will see what I mean. You need a bracket that changes mounting direction (one angle for the attachment to the CRV and another angle to attach to the bar). I believe you can buy brackets specific to your vehicle. I remember scoping out brackets for a bar someone was selling on craigslist. Maybe that helped???
Old 05-22-2017, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think that is a factory bull bar. There's one in my area with a factory bull bar on it and it's quite a bit more elaborate than that one. It looks like this.............

Here's another one I saw........not factory but, still kinda cool looking.

Last edited by Hamster65; 05-22-2017 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Pics didn't land in the right spot.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:31 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Hamster65
I don't think that is a factory bull bar. There's one in my area with a factory bull bar on it and it's quite a bit more elaborate than that one. It looks like this.............

Here's another one I saw........not factory but, still kinda cool looking.

I know this is an old post, i'll be surprised if i get a reply, but is the bull bar on the white cr-v pictured above still available and does anyone know the name / part number?? Really want one
Old 06-27-2021, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eddie387
I know this is an old post, i'll be surprised if i get a reply, but is the bull bar on the white cr-v pictured above still available and does anyone know the name / part number?? Really want one
Unfortunately, these are no longer available and I don't know the part number. If you're lucky, you may be able to find one used on ebay or a similar site. I'd love to get my hands on one as well but so far, I haven't had any luck.
Even though mine is an SE model, it doesn't have the side "nerf" bars or roof rack either, all of which I've seen on the one around here that has the factory bull bar on it. The "little old lady" that originally purchased mine in 2000, didn't get any of the "add on" accessories. Despite that, I consider myself lucky to have gotten it in such good condition. It only had 66K miles on it when I bought it in 2016 and to this day, it still runs like new. It's the cleanest running engine I've ever had on any vehicle. Except for a small rust trail (from ethanol tainted gas), the inside of the original factory tail pipe, still looks new.