Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

Camshaft Position Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 03:18 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Camshaft Position Sensor

Where is the camshaft position sensor located on 2013 Honda CRV exl... picture would be nice. thanks
Old 07-14-2018, 02:41 PM
Global Moderator

Received 420 Likes on 390 Posts
Default Re: Camshaft Position Sensor

There are two Camshaft Position Sensors. There is a CMP Sensor A and a CMP Sensor B. Both are located on the cylinder head on driver's side of the engine. #6s in the parts diagram.

What is the issue and/or trouble code(s)? Trouble codes are not always due to a faulty sensor.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I recently justwentdown that road. Ihave an 05 V'EX, AWD 5 speed and for 3 weeks I kept throwing a cam position sensor code, and everytime Iwould go to troubleshoot it would Miraculously disappear. I would attach my scanner, go to read the codes, and its non present. So at this point It was driving up a F'ing wall.... recently I was beating on the V pretty hard and I threw a code. I instantly pulled over and hooked up my scanner then found out that I was throwing P1009 code. Which is VTC code. So I came home, cleaned out the VTC solinoid and Also pulled the Vtec solenoid off the back of the head and clean that up as well. And since then I have had 0 issues with my V.

forgot to mention, Prior to this day, I was throwing codes for both cam position sensors. But they too would disappear when going to troubleshoot. So I did end up changing out both Cam position sensors previously thinking that was the issue. But since cleaning out the VTC solenoid , and issue resolved. I put the old camp position sensors back in the motor to determine what was the original issue. And come to find out I haven't had any codes thrown in over 3000 miles. So my experience with this issue has been there is something with the VTC that was intermittent and perhaps making the car throw the cam position sensor errors. If I were you I would take the VTC out first, clean that up and start from there instead of doing what I did in spending a $160 on 2 sensors that I ultimately did not need and can not return
Old 02-03-2019, 06:32 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by tech8
There are two Camshaft Position Sensors. There is a CMP Sensor A and a CMP Sensor B. Both are located on the cylinder head on driver's side of the engine. #6s in the parts diagram.

What is the issue and/or trouble code(s)? Trouble codes are not always due to a faulty sensor.

Hello,
My wife's 2013 4-cyl CRV has some of the symptoms for a bad Camshaft Position Sensor, except that the car runs fine. The engine code from Autozone was P0341. The dash indicator lights shown in the picture below are on most of the time but sometimes just go off and stay off for a day or two, but then turn back on when the car is restarted. They have not turned on while the car was running - they come on only when starting. The battery is brand new and Autozone says the alternator output voltage is okay (14v I believe). Additionally, we live in PA and have had a lot of snow and below zero temps. I took the car out during a snowstorm in below zero temps (the reason the low tire pressure warning is lit) and the car ran perfectly. The warning lights have been going on and off since just after Christmas but my wife has driven the car to work 3-4 times per week without a problem. Also, the gas mileage is normal and we've done oil changes at all of the recommended intervals. Today, I'm going to find the sensor and follow the wires to make sure there isn't a short or a corroded connector somewhere along the way. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jack Cambest
jackcambest@gmail.com

Old 12-01-2021, 06:33 PM
Trial User

Hi, I'm getting the code P0341 on my 2013 Honda CRV. This is the code to replace camshaft position sensor A. How do you access this? I've removed the air box lid and the air filter, removed the air box hose, and disconnected the fuel line. I still have a lot of hoses blocking the way to the sensor. Does anyone have some good instructions or know of a video that shows this repair on a 4th generation CRV? Thanks in advance.