Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

2012 CR-V - "Reconnect System Writer" error message on Clock

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 CR-V - "Reconnect System Writer" error message on Clock

My mom recently purchased a 2012 CR-V, as my wife loves her 2008 she got years ago, but has had nothing but problems in the 3 weeks she's owned it.

We set her Clock wallpaper with a picture of her dog last weekend. In going through all the system stuff with her, we left the car on for about half an hour to 45 minutes with the running lights on, radio on, etc. and the battery died. We jumped it and it seemed to work fine.

She's discovered that since then, the car wouldn't start after charging up the battery. When she finally got it started, the clock glitched on her, showing 1:00 for a bit, then it changed to 9:35. Then it finally got stuck on the error message: "Reconnect System Writer"

This message stays on 100% of the time now, even when the car is off and the keys are out.

I tried reinserting the USB drive we used to transfer the wallpaper, but it didn't change. I tried 5 other USB drives of various sizes, as we read about some issues with it not liking large drive sizes.

Finally, I tried checking the Audio section and picked USB as the source with one of the drives plugged in, but there was no change. The "Disconnect" light didn't light up and none of the options worked.

She called the dealer and no one had ever heard of that error. I couldn't find anything on Google. She can't get it in for another week and it's driving her crazy.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Is it a faulty USB dongle? Thanks for any help you can provide!!