Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

05 CRV Kraftwerks Supercharger A/C problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 05 CRV Kraftwerks Supercharger A/C problem.

I have 05 CRV with a used engine 60k mile my old one overheated. im think about putting in Kraftwerks Supercharger kit. i know it fit in my car but Kraftwerks says Kit REQUIRES removal of A/C Compressor. i live in the south is heat here. i like to get so more info before buying this kit. i did some sending and people got it to work on accords, civic si, tsx, tl, rsx with the k24 or k20 engine and there a/c works. but they dont tell me how they got it to work. i just dont know why i need to remove my a/c compressor. i talked with the salesman he dont know nothing. hope someone here did this before.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 05 CRV Kraftwerks Supercharger A/C problem.

Don't know anything about it but I do know that you might have some troubles figuring out a tuning solution. If you have a manual and PPA ecu then you could use Kpro I believe. Best of luck. A supercharger would be awesome though.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:54 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Go with a different supercharger setup, your only option.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Kraftwerks Supercharger is very reliable and get good gain for the money. but im open minded what are other some s/c kits will fit in my car? i have been looking for about 2 year now. i got a new motor inside running strong with no problem its the time now. i love my crv is my DD and my work car.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 794 Likes on 734 Posts

There are two different applications from Kraftwerks that are designed to be installed on the "K" series engine platform... one places it where the A/C compressor originally resides and the second is up high above the alternator and water pump where a conventional P/S pump might be found. If you currently have a conventional style P/S pump, it could be replaced with an electric P/S pump... and thus, making room for the Kraftwerks supercharger system and still RETAIN the A/C compressor for those hot southern summer days. You didn't answer the question about the transmission in the vehicle... if it is an automatic, you will have a very difficult time providing the proper tune for the vehicle and the powertrain as a whole. There is no "kit" that is complete for your application... you will have to blaze the trail and CREATE a whole lot to succeed with this path. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:11 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

For some reason I was thinking of the Honda Fit kraftwerks supercharger, it fits behind the block, darn....
Old 03-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
There are two different applications from Kraftwerks that are designed to be installed on the "K" series engine platform... one places it where the A/C compressor originally resides and the second is up high above the alternator and water pump where a conventional P/S pump might be found. If you currently have a conventional style P/S pump, it could be replaced with an electric P/S pump... and thus, making room for the Kraftwerks supercharger system and still RETAIN the A/C compressor for those hot southern summer days. You didn't answer the question about the transmission in the vehicle... if it is an automatic, you will have a very difficult time providing the proper tune for the vehicle and the powertrain as a whole. There is no "kit" that is complete for your application... you will have to blaze the trail and CREATE a whole lot to succeed with this path. Good luck.
omg i never think of that. thanks a lot. i need to do same sending now. my crv is a auto. i just like some low rpm power. im not planing to race it and hit top end power.