Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

01 CRV front blinker and running light plugs needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 11:39 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 CRV front blinker and running light plugs needed

My son had the tread on our 01 CRV come off and tear thru the headlight assembly. It completely knocked the running and blinker light part off and also ripped the plugs off the wiring for the bulbs. A new headlight assembly isnt a problem but finding the actual plugs which hook to the bulbs themselves has been impossible so far. Does anyone know where i can get these?
Old 03-14-2018, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 01 CRV front blinker and running light plugs needed

Other than going to a salvage yard and getting some you can order the connectors new & pigtails new from Honda. Regardless you are more than likely going to have to do some soldering or butt connectors to put the new plug on the existing wiring. Now if your wiring & pins are ok & just the plastic part of the plug got damaged, you can just repin the wiring into the new plug.

In my attached photo I believe you will need #9, 12 & 13 and the corresponding pigtails shown to the right in the table, assuming your wiring & pins are damaged. However you can verify the plugs you need with the wiring/plugs on the passengers side. I am not completely familiar with the lighting plugs on the crvs.
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2018, 04:20 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by 1999 Civic Si
Other than going to a salvage yard and getting some you can order the connectors new & pigtails new from Honda. Regardless you are more than likely going to have to do some soldering or butt connectors to put the new plug on the existing wiring. Now if your wiring & pins are ok & just the plastic part of the plug got damaged, you can just repin the wiring into the new plug.

In my attached photo I believe you will need #9, 12 & 13 and the corresponding pigtails shown to the right in the table, assuming your wiring & pins are damaged. However you can verify the plugs you need with the wiring/plugs on the passengers side. I am not completely familiar with the lighting plugs on the crvs.

The headlight actually still works for some strange reason. So i will only need 9 and 12 along with the pigtails since the wiring was pretty much trashed. Cant believe how much those connectors cost. They will end up costing me more than the whole new headlight assembly will. Hmm, wonder if i can find a different bulb and connector which will fit the socket just at a lower cost. Aw well ill buy what i have to buy to keep the car legal and safe to drive.
I managed to trace down the exact page you copied and posted on here for me and am glad you did so. Thanks very much for the help.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Michael B
The headlight actually still works for some strange reason. So i will only need 9 and 12 along with the pigtails since the wiring was pretty much trashed. Cant believe how much those connectors cost. They will end up costing me more than the whole new headlight assembly will. Hmm, wonder if i can find a different bulb and connector which will fit the socket just at a lower cost. Aw well ill buy what i have to buy to keep the car legal and safe to drive.
I managed to trace down the exact page you copied and posted on here for me and am glad you did so. Thanks very much for the help.
You can also look at some local parts stores, they usually keep a variety of light connectors with pigtails, you may be able to find a replacement that way as well. You can also check ebay, there are sellers who sell plugs with like 5" of wire behind them for decent prices.

If I remember correctly the plugs & pigtails come in packs of 5 & 10 from honda, so that is part of the reason the price is a bit higher. If you look at the part interchange it will show you what other cars use that same connector, so if you go the used route it opens up your search options.

EDIT:
I just did a quick ebay search and I believe I found both plugs you need, used with about 4"-5"of wire on them for $9.49 each shipped. Still a bit pricey, but cheaper than buying packs of 5 & 10 new.

item #132351710144

item #142528316609