Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/)
-   -   y is my civic getting terrible gas gas mileage (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/y-my-civic-getting-terrible-gas-gas-mileage-2506187/)

boostedefhatch 02-20-2009 06:57 PM

y is my civic getting terrible gas gas mileage

i have a 91 ef hatch with dpfi and i am getting very shitty gas milage like twenty miles a gallon thats terrible for a honda

SuM Honda 02-20-2009 07:23 PM

Re: y is my civic getting terrible gas gas mileage

Because you have a heavy foot or a bad pcv valve or a dirty filter or a gas leak or someone is stealing gas from your car or ....Vague questions lead to vague answers.

shyguy4no1 02-20-2009 07:29 PM

sadly its true... you have to be more specific... and besides have you done a tune up lately? Or how about the whole switching between only one injector to two... I suffer from that problem... and while I am thinking about that... When I rev it to a specific rpm (I don't have a tach) it sputters when the second injector turns on. I cleaned out the iacv and I am unsure where to go next so I am thinking maybe fuel filter maybe?

boostedefhatch 02-20-2009 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by SuM Honda (Post 37494244)
Because you have a heavy foot or a bad pcv valve or a dirty filter or a gas leak or someone is stealing gas from your car or ....Vague questions lead to vague answers.

by filter u mean air filter? mine i brand new, or fuel filter? should i just buy a new fuel filter and pvc valve btw how much does a pvc vale cost?

shyguy4no1 02-20-2009 07:33 PM

if your air filter is new check your plugs and wires, oil, air pressure in your tires ect.

boostedefhatch 02-20-2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by shyguy4no1 (Post 37494311)
sadly its true... you have to be more specific... and besides have you done a tune up lately? Or how about the whole switching between only one injector to two... I suffer from that problem... and while I am thinking about that... When I rev it to a specific rpm (I don't have a tach) it sputters when the second injector turns on. I cleaned out the iacv and I am unsure where to go next so I am thinking maybe fuel filter maybe?

what is the iacv? i think i found something on that but cant remeber

boostedefhatch 02-20-2009 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by shyguy4no1 (Post 37494342)
if your air filter is new check your plugs and wires, oil, air pressure in your tires ect.

wires and plugs seem to be good

shyguy4no1 02-20-2009 07:38 PM

on the right side of the of the the dpfi connected by 1 electrical switch and 2 hoses. Just use carb cleaner.

boostedefhatch 02-20-2009 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by shyguy4no1 (Post 37494398)
on the right side of the of the the dpfi connected by 1 electrical switch and 2 hoses. Just use carb cleaner.

ok i will try that tommorrow when i get off work thanks:wiggle:

shyguy4no1 02-20-2009 07:43 PM

no prob

traxxasx 02-21-2009 01:35 AM

check tire pressure
change oil
change air filter
change fuel filter
change oil filter
change pvc valve
clean intake and injectors (2)
redo timing belt (make sure its all TDC)
check ignition timing (make sure its 16*)
new cap and rotor
new plugs (gapped to correct size)
New plug wires (make sure in right firing order)
new o2 sensor(s).
Run sea foam

i bet after than you will get 30+mpg.