Notices

Windshield wipers = backwards + crazy :O

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield wipers = backwards + crazy :O

Well I am working on the finishing touches for the CRX and its boiling down to a few things.
It is going to rain hard soon and I need to get my wipers on, so I put them on in the resting position by the hood and I try to turn them on and they try to go like under the hood lol.

I've tried unbolting the arms and letting the wipers go without arms hoping it would reset itself but no luck.

When I got the car there was no wiper motor, I took the one off my hatch that was working fine to install on this crx.. I'm not sure if when you connect the linkages you have to have the motor at a certian position, I thought it would only go a certian way..

Anyone know how to fix this? All I found were a bunch of threads about peoples wipers not turning off or not working at all, I found one similar but it did'nt have a answer :/

Any help appreciated, I am going to mess around with it all some more!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Windshield wipers = backwards + crazy :O (HackeN)

your linkage is in the wrong position
Old 06-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Windshield wipers = backwards + crazy :O (Crx Jimmy)

Thats what I was thinking. I believe when I put it together there is the motor with a shaft comming off of it, then there is a small linkage piece maybe 2-3 inches if I remember, that connects to the shaft on one end, and then on the other end goes to the rods that go either left or right to move the wipers.

I'm thinking the motor turns at 180 degree turns?

And that my linkage is in the opposite position... Does anyone know which way to clock it? Its supposed to rain all weekend, but I have one wiper that is backwards that will cover my drivers side. I put some RainX on the windshield so I should make it to work, though I have no climate control unit it may be a bit tough but I have a spare wiper inside to wipe off condensation lol

If I can get it to work I am going to try to have the linkage in different positions and see if I can figure it out :/
I'll let everyone know what happens, but maybe someone had this problem and will know where exactly I should set it all up to save me some time lol

I also thought I could tighten the arms down, turn the ignition on and turn the wiper arms around by hand, but it just put me in a endless loop and one time the arm went into the engine bay and got stuck up against something lol. I had to take the nut off and pry it off lol

Modified by HackeN at 11:56 PM 6/23/2006