Notices

Window regulator roller replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window regulator roller replacement?

The biggest issue I see with the window regulators as they age is that the rollers tend to wear out. Going to the junkyard and picking up a new regulator with good rollers is not really viable anymore. Has anyone been able to replace just the rollers with any aftermarket ones? I measured the rollers and found these were the same diameter but the depth turned out not to be quite right.
Amazon Amazon

Would be great if doorman made a regulator for the hatch/crx but they only make one for the sedan which binds even when you swap the sliders because one of the arms on the hatch has a bend in it whereas the sedan arm doesn't.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: Window regulator roller replacement?

i havent been to the junkyard in a while, but i dont imagine an EF is so rare you cant find a replacement... i still see EF's on the road, so they must still be in the junkyards.

what part are you considering the "roller"? the little plastic wheel in the track?
Old 06-18-2018, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tyson
i havent been to the junkyard in a while, but i dont imagine an EF is so rare you cant find a replacement... i still see EF's on the road, so they must still be in the junkyards.

what part are you considering the "roller"? the little plastic wheel in the track?
Hey Tyson, yeah I know you can find the actual regulator, the wheel is what I am referring to. All the regulators I've found in the junkyard and the ones on ebay the rollers are pretty much disintegrated. I imagine that is going to be the case pretty much across the board since they have been abused for almost 30 years now. Would like to figure out a long term solution if possible. The amazon link in OP is really close to working but the rivet and the wheel isn't quite deep enough.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

arent the wheels riveted on? its just a metal bushing, right? you cant remove and replace?

i think i remember having to do this to swap tracks when i did my powered window conversion. didnt seem hard. but its been a while and im still confused on what youre trying to do. so i dunno.

is what youre referring to pictured below?

Old 06-18-2018, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well you can if you drill out the rivets and find the appropriate replacements, like I almost did. Like I said, the rivets and the wheel that I got here:
Amazon Amazon
are just barely too shallow. Was hoping someone had found something similar that worked for them.

To be clear, the wheels get worn out and they wobble causing the window to not roll up smoothly as pictured below.