Notices

Window giving me trouble!

Old 09-11-2007, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window giving me trouble!

So i have had trouble with the passenger window of my car for awhile now. i took the door panel off and it has 2 places where the window slides onto the rails inside the door itself one has stuff that keeps it in place and the other does not so when i roll my windor up it rolls up fine just when it comes down it gets stuck on the plastic where it rolls down into the door frame. so my question is what will work to use on metal and glass to bond it together so it does not move. when i roll the window up and down? i was thinking jb weld or epoxy? anyone have any other ideas?

any advice would be awesome cause this is really pissing me off thnks alot guys
Old 09-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Window giving me trouble! (aTrOcIoUs)

There is a reason why its moving, I would imagine if you weld or epoxy the window, all you're going to do is stop the window from moving but its still going to try to move, causing something to break.

Figure out whats wrong, and if something is broke fix it. Windows can be a pain, best bet is to keep adjusting.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Window giving me trouble! (RCautoworks)

oh theres something wrong the plastic that fits between the window and the door is bent so a little rubbing makes it come off track and then i try to rewind it down and it falls off track. ive fixed the plastic part now problem is inside the door where the window sits on the rail its not held in place its just sitting there. so when it scrapes against the plastic it falls off track and then i have to take it apart again and again. thats why im asking what i can use on the window rail to bond the glass and metal together and get it to stay there.

if anyone knows what im saying pls help id appreciate it ALOT!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Window giving me trouble! (aTrOcIoUs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aTrOcIoUs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh theres something wrong the plastic that fits between the window and the door is bent so a little rubbing makes it come off track and then i try to rewind it down and it falls off track. ive fixed the plastic part now problem is inside the door where the window sits on the rail its not held in place its just sitting there. so when it scrapes against the plastic it falls off track and then i have to take it apart again and again. thats why im asking what i can use on the window rail to bond the glass and metal together and get it to stay there.

if anyone knows what im saying pls help id appreciate it ALOT! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah your talking about the piece that the window bolts two, these are pretty much adjustable and movable for a reason.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Window giving me trouble! (RCautoworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCautoworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah your talking about the piece that the window bolts two, these are pretty much adjustable and movable for a reason. </TD></TR></TABLE>

but they should be bonded to the window, you can use window weld to glue them to the glass I had the same problem, when it got real hot the glue softened up a bit and I ended up using automotive GOOP! brand adhesive its been holding strong now for awhile. I lube the sides with silicone spray, makes then get caught up less.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:06 PM

yes they should be or they get caught up and fall off track. so will epoxy work or jbweld to bond the metal where the glass slips into and the glass together? i cant find the window weld or automotive goop at schucks or lowes etc. i already got jb weld and epoxy what do u think will work better? thnks also for the feedback
Old 09-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Window giving me trouble! (Crx Jimmy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crx Jimmy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but they should be bonded to the window, you can use window weld to glue them to the glass I had the same problem, when it got real hot the glue softened up a bit and I ended up using automotive GOOP! brand adhesive its been holding strong now for awhile. I lube the sides with silicone spray, makes then get caught up less.</TD></TR></TABLE>

To me it sounded like he wanted to bond the window to the window rail. Not to the little tabs
Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 PM

i dont know how to explain it the window sticks into these little U looking things inside my window frame so they can be rolled up and down. one of them has stuff on it so the window dont move. the other one dont. so when it rubs against the rubber. it falls off track. i need to figure out what i can use to Make the window stay inbetween the U shaped holder for my window so it dont fall off track.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (aTrOcIoUs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aTrOcIoUs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont know how to explain it the window sticks into these little U looking things inside my window frame so they can be rolled up and down. one of them has stuff on it so the window dont move. the other one dont. so when it rubs against the rubber. it falls off track. i need to figure out what i can use to Make the window stay inbetween the U shaped holder for my window so it dont fall off track. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If its the little clips that Jimmy mentioned, use an epoxy.