Default Re: When H met B.

Nice!
Exhaust sounds awesome!

Had a good laugh at the neutral wiggle.

4drEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #128
Honda-Tech Member

I just put my hood on my eg tonight with QSD spacers. It's pretty jacked up. I think I might be able to lower it in the front just a hair with some hood latch finesse. I thought it would be a LITTLE more flush lookin, but the hood line meets the fender right at the very front of the fender. I think I can work that "intersection" back if it try.

Your EF looks and sounds great man! I have open header right now cause I just got mine running....how much did the exhaust setup run you? Labor, piping, resonator, muffler.....?
Dorkenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #129
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkenheimer View Post
I just put my hood on my eg tonight with QSD spacers. It's pretty jacked up. I think I might be able to lower it in the front just a hair with some hood latch finesse. I thought it would be a LITTLE more flush lookin, but the hood line meets the fender right at the very front of the fender. I think I can work that "intersection" back if it try.

Your EF looks and sounds great man! I have open header right now cause I just got mine running....how much did the exhaust setup run you? Labor, piping, resonator, muffler.....?
I dont remember how much everything costs, but you can price it all online. Kteller piping, Vibrant resonator and muffler, and i think 200 for labor at muffler shop. I wanted to run hood exit header but local track wont allow it, so I had to run full piping.

UPDATE: Took some time off my car to help buddy with his 91 Si build. Finally got M&H 23x8x13 slicks mounted on Lensos, went back to stock front brakes, but refreshed with new hub bearings and ball joints. Hitting track this Wednesday, shooting for 12s.

Definitely need to lower the rear a bit
GodblessEMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:03 PM   #130
Honda-Tech Member

So, 3 years ago I set forth on a journey to build a lifelong dream of mine: to build a 12 second car on a budget with nothing but hand tools and knowledge gathered from the internet. I set forth my journey gathering parts and information over a span of a year. Many sleepless nights and busted knuckles later, I achieved that goal tonight. It is wildly satisfying to experience the joy and emotions that is felt at the end of the journey. It wasn't an easy one. No matter where you go, there will always be haters trying to bring you down to their level. They try to fill your mind with doubt and shame. They ridicule your efforts, they laugh at your failures, and they kick you when you're down. The sad part of this hobby is that sometimes the haters win, and we're left with abandoned projects, sitting in the corner until some Craigslist low baller **** all over your price and walk away with a steal.

I never let the haters get to me. Prime example tonight. While sitting in line waiting to stage, a random dude yelled, "Hey, my lawnmower is missing and it's here racing!". I shook my head, popped in 2nd gear, pulled the ebrake and warmed the slicks up. His words fueled my fire. I lined up, inching forward until that 1st yellow glared at me. I glared back, gripped the steering wheel, preloaded the tranny and set off the 2nd yellow. Now is the time, all of my hard work behind me, the hater beside me, and an opportunity to realize a lifelong goal ahead of me. 1st yellow, 2nd yellow, 3rd yellow...GO!

It being the first time with slicks, I set the pressures at 10 psi, launched at 7000, and the rest was all uncharted territory. The car lunges forward violently, throwing me back against the seat; an unfamiliar sensation. How quickly the tach reaches 8k. BANG, 2nd gear. Again, without hesitation, the car slams me back, 8k quickly approaching. BANG, 3rd gear. Smooth shift, RPM climbing. I look back, the ZR1 was far behind. BANG, 4th gear. ZR1 still no where in sight. 8k, foot off gas, car in neutral, brakes quickly heating up. Deep breath, helmet off, windows down, destiny awaits.

The lady at the end of the track reaches out her hand from behind the booth and hands me the slip. My motor is idling, but my heart is racing, 10K, valves fluttering. I wipe the sweat off my eyebrows, glance down and smile. For a brief moment, nothing matters in the world. As I stare at the number, my heart fills with joy and I thank the lady and drive back to the pit.

It is over. My journey has come to an end. I did it, and thanks to everyone on here who has given me support and advice, I thank you for walking with me on this long journey.

h2b vs ZR1 (obviously the ZR1 needs a driver mod)Video of the run
GodblessEMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #131
Honda-Tech Member

nice run.. my 12 second pass has been teasing me in my h2b ek hatch... multiple 13.0-13.1 runs
WheresmyRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #132
Steve at Heart

Excellent work. Smoked a ZR1
Bently_Coop is offline   Reply With Quote