Notices

What controls fuel on start up (too much fuel on startup)???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (JimmyM86)

oh, ok. sorry i cant be of more help, but i pretty much no nothing about dpfi, except how to get rid of it
Old 11-12-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: (hondadude_rudo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondadude_rudo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh, ok. sorry i cant be of more help, but i pretty much no nothing about dpfi, except how to get rid of it</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's cool ...It's only a matter of time till someone comes through and has experienced this before and gives me some insight on what it could be....
Old 11-12-2007, 06:11 PM

I'm still having problems starting....

1) NO ENGINE CODES...
2) Good Injectors and Fuel Pressure Regulator (gas is being pump out the FPR and there are no leaks or pinched hoses to/from the fuel tank)
3) Spark is good, and I can still see/smell alot of fuel being dumped through the injectors.
4) Replaced Coolant Temp Sensor a few weeks ago and no more code (this was the only code it has thrown).

Spark plugs come out wet with gas...What on earth else could it be???

Thanks
Old 11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok if you can find someone who has a dpfi car, try switching the distributor and see if that helps. not sure if it will, but it is worth a shot. it would just be best to find someone with a dpfi car that you switch parts arround with (1 at a time) untill u find out which part fixes the problem, and so you dont have to keep on buying new parts that you dont need. also, you may want to try switching the ecu. or you could always put your pride aside, and take it to a shop if you cant figure it out on your own.

just tryin to give you some ideas to help you out.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you mean you can't get it to start at all? If so try pulling all your spark plugs, crank the engine over without them to air out your chambers... Let it sit for a couple hours, then put the plugs back in and try it again. Sometimes advancing the distributor will help it out for an initial start up.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AK_CRX)

retarding ignition helps for start up, not advancing it. turning it towards the firewall advances, and turning it towards the radiator retards it. anyways, it still isnt going to solve the problem of the injectors dumping fuel into the motor everytime he tries to start it
Old 11-13-2007, 04:03 AM

I don't think my problem is ignition, for the main fact that once it is started it runs PERFECT. I've checked on startup and all wires are producing good spark.

Last night I pulled the return line from the Fuel Pressure Regulator, and made sure there was nothing in the line preventing pressure from being relieved, and there wasn't. I turned the key 'On' a few times (with the hose removed) and it was sending fuel out the Fuel Pressure Regulator return line.

I've figured if it was a sensor, then I would be throwing an engine code. And if the ECU was the problem then it would not run good on once it is started.

If no one else has any ideas of what it could be I very well might have to take it somewhere to get diagnosed...I hesitate doing this b/c they will want me to replace every part they think it is until it decides to run (main relay, coil, ignitor, etc...)...

Any other ideas??? Thanks
Old 08-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM86
I don't think my problem is ignition, for the main fact that once it is started it runs PERFECT. I've checked on startup and all wires are producing good spark.

Last night I pulled the return line from the Fuel Pressure Regulator, and made sure there was nothing in the line preventing pressure from being relieved, and there wasn't. I turned the key 'On' a few times (with the hose removed) and it was sending fuel out the Fuel Pressure Regulator return line.

I've figured if it was a sensor, then I would be throwing an engine code. And if the ECU was the problem then it would not run good on once it is started.

If no one else has any ideas of what it could be I very well might have to take it somewhere to get diagnosed...I hesitate doing this b/c they will want me to replace every part they think it is until it decides to run (main relay, coil, ignitor, etc...)...

Any other ideas??? Thanks
Did you figure it out? got the same problem and check everything and still noting.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:49 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: What controls fuel on start up (too much fuel on startup)???

ECT sensor, is my guess as it seems to start better when cold, rich A/F ratio, if the ECT sensor is not working or a problem with wiring between it and the ECU, the ECU may see a cold engine at all times even when at running temp. so A/F ratio would be rich when starting a warm engine. 94
Old 08-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

I hate necromancer posts.

There were several good answers given in the first page.

What did you check, when you say you've checked everything?

The fuel line is supposed to prime itself and send fuel back into the return line. It was probably a leaky injector and it was mentioned a couple times already.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyson
I hate necromancer posts.
Fully qualified

Old 08-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by maykol1994
Did you figure it out? got the same problem and check everything and still noting.
Create your own thread rather than bump one that is almost 10 years old.