Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/)
-   -   Turn signals are working idk why (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/turn-signals-working-idk-why-3335920/)

Timothy Yhtomit 04-11-2019 04:18 PM

Turn signals are working idk why

Just getting into 88-91 chassis. My 91 civic hatchback Front turn signals are working. I haven’t check anything but thought it was the bulb so just replaced that and it still doesn’t work. When I signal the rear works but flashes super fast both left and right but when I press the hazard button they flash slow. The front still doesn’t come on. The signal arrows flashes on the dash so idk what’s going on please help

Timothy Yhtomit 04-11-2019 06:56 PM

Re: Turn signals are working idk why

Bump

brandonboehne 04-11-2019 09:55 PM

You might wantto try all stock bulbs..

Timothy Yhtomit 04-12-2019 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by brandonboehne (Post 51908574)
You might wantto try all stock bulbs..

i has stock bulbs in there but it didn’t work so I replaced it because I thought it was the bulbs but it seems like it’s not

4drEF 04-12-2019 12:38 PM

corner bulbs working? fast flash is from a bulb being burned out

Timothy Yhtomit 04-12-2019 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 4drEF (Post 51909255)
corner bulbs working? fast flash is from a bulb being burned out

yeah found that out yesterday night. I didn’t know the bumper lights has to be working for the corner/signal lights to work. Changed the bumper lights but now the left/passenger side very corner, the one that signals, don’t light up but everything else works. Any ideas?

4drEF 04-15-2019 08:07 AM

The bumper blinks, the corner next to the headlight is a 'parking' light and does not blink.
It is a fairly common mod to change this up.

Timothy Yhtomit 04-15-2019 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 4drEF (Post 51910495)
The bumper blinks, the corner next to the headlight is a 'parking' light and does not blink.
It is a fairly common mod to change this up.

yeah I got it working. Just getting into ef chassis so don’t know much. I didn’t know the bumper lights had to be working for the signal corner lights to light up. Got it working but then the passenger signal corner wasn’t working. Replaced the ICU and it works.

BoRiCuA 11-14-2021 11:47 AM

i'm so confused , do the corner lights blink or not? or is it just bumpers?

Timothy Yhtomit 11-17-2021 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by BoRiCuA (Post 52501683)
i'm so confused , do the corner lights blink or not? or is it just bumpers?

With the headlights off ONLY the corner lights should blink when you signal or press the emergency light but with the headlights on, Both the corner lights and bumper lights will blink but not simultaneously. The corner light flash then off then bumper light flash then off then corner light flash then off and etc. etc.

BoRiCuA 11-17-2021 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Timothy Yhtomit (Post 52503020)
With the headlights off ONLY the corner lights should blink when you signal or press the emergency light but with the headlights on, Both the corner lights and bumper lights will blink but not simultaneously. The corner light flash then off then bumper light flash then off then corner light flash then off and etc. etc.

Timothy please respond to other thread found here https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...ht-up-3335954/ , trying to keep this discussion on one post. Thanks as of right now you and ax have different answers.