Notices

91 honda crx hf body parts...front fenders, rear quarter panels...etc. helppp?

Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 honda crx hf body parts...front fenders, rear quarter panels...etc. helppp?

So i have dented front fenders on my 91 honda crx hf due to brake lines going out on the car. and there is also rust under the door for the gas tank, along as around the wheel wells. I really want to fix up the car to rid of all the rust and dents. does anyone know of sites where i can find these kinds of parts? I mean i found the front fenders..but what about the rear quarter panels??

Thanks a lot.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 91 honda crx hf body parts...front fenders, rear quarter panels...etc. helppp?

fixmyrust.com
Old 10-26-2011, 10:13 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 91 honda crx hf body parts...front fenders, rear quarter panels...etc. helppp?

there is no bolt on rear quarter panel. try a bodyshop that does sheetmetal work...
Old 10-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's mucho expensiv-o to have your rear quarter panels re-done. Seeing as how the are a integral part of the car. Your best bet is to have a body shop work with those if they are in really bad shape. But you should definitely tackle the rust and front fenders yourself!

Wire brush the rust off and then spray it with some rust killer. Get some bondo and slap it in there. Shape it up and paint and blend it. I did this on my first car on the rear quarter panel. Took me a couple tries to get it perfect. But I'm really glad I stuck with it. Make sure when you apply the bondo you are able to get a couple coats of primer on there in the same day to seal it all up.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^ NO!!!!!

body filler is NOT used to fill holes or rust!! after any metal work is done fiberglass is the best thing for filling small holes or caved in spots from rust. body filler should be used to shape and blend it back into the panel.

Either get a body shop to do all the work or don't touch it.