Track/Street ED6 Build - Page 4 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Track/Street ED6 Build

Old 01-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #76
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Track/Street ED6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmrico View Post
car has been used as a daily also and no issues very reliable
how much psi are you running for daily use?
Evo9GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:30 AM   #77
Honda-Tech Member

its boost by gear so right now 11-18-26-26

1st thru 4th
ssmrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #78
Honda-Tech Member

damn that's a lot of PSI

my EJ8 coupe (1998) is set up at 15 psi, 275 at the wheels dyno, built single cam VTEC. i have a switch with a 'low' setting at 10 psi.
bbarbulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:58 PM   #79
Honda-Tech Member

I was going to say the same thing lol. You daily it like that? Must be fun. Built internals I'm assuming since I can't open your thread.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:18 AM   #80
Honda-Tech Member

weird the link should work now. and yeah that's what I was told by the guy who tuned it last before I got it back from the guy that had it after my pops sold it and I recovered the car back. and it used to be daily I haven't lately because I been busy and moved and car is waiting to go to fabricator for a few things but yeah I don't be stepping on it or on boost all the time so its just like driving any other car lol and yes pistons, rods, block guard etc
ssmrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #81
Honda-Tech Member

I keep forgetting that I have this thread lol. Car is still going strong. Here's some updates.

​​​​​​​

My wheel fetish is slowly but surely getting more out of hand so I ended up picking up some 2 Piece Enkei Ek24s. They're 15x8 with an aggressive offset. Gonna polish them out and gets some tires and adapters and throw them on the blue hatch.
Also traded my slips for these xxrs. 15x8.25 0 offset. I'm not really into the tire stretch scene especially here in jersey where the roads have holes in them. But it seemed pointless to throw out literally brand new tires just to buy tires so I just quit complaining and slapped them on.

Doesn't look bad at all. Car was just insanely low. I rocked this setup until about mid February.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #82
Honda-Tech Member

I ended up trading my gold XXRs for these ones. The 15" on that small tire made my car way too low. So I decided to step back up to 16s.
Only picture I have of the wheels on. They were on for about two weeks lol.
I also picked up these ARE 398s. For those of you who don't know they are 3 piece BBS replicas. I picked them up for a steal but they are 16x9.5. Way too wide lol.
With my growing collection of real wheels I decided to sell the XXRs since they are the only set of reps I had and slap my Boyd Racings back on. Real wheels only!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:17 PM   #83
Honda-Tech Member

Wow time to wipe the dust dust off this thread. Hopefully I seee some of you guys at HDay!

Well for starters more recaros FTW
Also picked up these pretty rare oem Bosch dogs with covers. Currently looking to have the covers redone. I couldn't wait to get them on!
Slapped them on the blue car. She starts to look more beautiful every time I put something new on.
This is how I've been rolling the last couple months. Plasti dipped the wheels black and added the tire lettering. Also picked up a Js rep wing.
WARNING some people may not agree with what's about to happen here. Oh well. Time to take a little off the top lol.
I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Custom 5x120 conversion on an ef. two main reasons why I did this. First is it's unique. I've never seen it done so I wanted to do it. It kicked my *** especially because my factory offset is now 0. But I've never been happier. Second is wheel options. Real wheels in 15 & 16 for 5x120 are so cheap. I have 3 sets and still haven't touched the price of BBS.
My little helper. He's gotten so big since he was on page 1 or 2 of this thread lol. Looks like starting him young worked.
Got the front flares on. Looking at the car like this kind of made me want to put air ride in it but I gotta keep her track ready. Time attacks are coming next year!
Old 09-11-2017, 07:16 AM   #84
Honda-Tech Member

Flares done and they look great 🙌🏾
Me and my buddy's hatch at HDay summer 17

Wasn't much efs there so we had to stick together lol

Ended up doing a fender cut because the tires kept rubbing