Track/Street ED6 Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Track/Street ED6 Build

Originally Posted by ssmrico
car has been used as a daily also and no issues very reliable
how much psi are you running for daily use?
Old 01-23-2017, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its boost by gear so right now 11-18-26-26

1st thru 4th
Old 01-23-2017, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that's a lot of PSI

my EJ8 coupe (1998) is set up at 15 psi, 275 at the wheels dyno, built single cam VTEC. i have a switch with a 'low' setting at 10 psi.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was going to say the same thing lol. You daily it like that? Must be fun. Built internals I'm assuming since I can't open your thread.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

weird the link should work now. and yeah that's what I was told by the guy who tuned it last before I got it back from the guy that had it after my pops sold it and I recovered the car back. and it used to be daily I haven't lately because I been busy and moved and car is waiting to go to fabricator for a few things but yeah I don't be stepping on it or on boost all the time so its just like driving any other car lol and yes pistons, rods, block guard etc
Old 03-13-2017, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I keep forgetting that I have this thread lol. Car is still going strong. Here's some updates.

​​​​​​​

My wheel fetish is slowly but surely getting more out of hand so I ended up picking up some 2 Piece Enkei Ek24s. They're 15x8 with an aggressive offset. Gonna polish them out and gets some tires and adapters and throw them on the blue hatch.
Also traded my slips for these xxrs. 15x8.25 0 offset. I'm not really into the tire stretch scene especially here in jersey where the roads have holes in them. But it seemed pointless to throw out literally brand new tires just to buy tires so I just quit complaining and slapped them on.

Doesn't look bad at all. Car was just insanely low. I rocked this setup until about mid February.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ended up trading my gold XXRs for these ones. The 15" on that small tire made my car way too low. So I decided to step back up to 16s.
Only picture I have of the wheels on. They were on for about two weeks lol.
I also picked up these ARE 398s. For those of you who don't know they are 3 piece BBS replicas. I picked them up for a steal but they are 16x9.5. Way too wide lol.
With my growing collection of real wheels I decided to sell the XXRs since they are the only set of reps I had and slap my Boyd Racings back on. Real wheels only!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow time to wipe the dust dust off this thread. Hopefully I seee some of you guys at HDay!

Well for starters more recaros FTW
Also picked up these pretty rare oem Bosch dogs with covers. Currently looking to have the covers redone. I couldn't wait to get them on!
Slapped them on the blue car. She starts to look more beautiful every time I put something new on.
This is how I've been rolling the last couple months. Plasti dipped the wheels black and added the tire lettering. Also picked up a Js rep wing.
WARNING some people may not agree with what's about to happen here. Oh well. Time to take a little off the top lol.
I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Custom 5x120 conversion on an ef. two main reasons why I did this. First is it's unique. I've never seen it done so I wanted to do it. It kicked my *** especially because my factory offset is now 0. But I've never been happier. Second is wheel options. Real wheels in 15 & 16 for 5x120 are so cheap. I have 3 sets and still haven't touched the price of BBS.
My little helper. He's gotten so big since he was on page 1 or 2 of this thread lol. Looks like starting him young worked.
Got the front flares on. Looking at the car like this kind of made me want to put air ride in it but I gotta keep her track ready. Time attacks are coming next year!
Old 09-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Flares done and they look great 🙌🏾
Me and my buddy's hatch at HDay summer 17

Wasn't much efs there so we had to stick together lol

Ended up doing a fender cut because the tires kept rubbing
Old 11-26-2017, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it me or is it just really slow on here? But anyways got some content for you guys

Well guys for starters I got the blue car running but shortly after the fuel pump died. Even though this motor only has about 70-80k on it and a ton of new parts, Ive always wanted something different. On top of that i was in the process of a super good deal and i needed cash fast so bye bye super reliable d16!

While I had the motor out took the time to do a wire tuck. I had no idea it would be so easy but VERY time consuming.

That deal I was talking about? Here she is! 90 integra with a b20. I literally bought it for the swap, wheels, and some other things.

I was so excited that the only pics I took were of the motor going in lol. Mostly stock with about 120k. It does have a S2 throttle body and DC headers though so that’s a plus. Also it’s mated to the stock 5 speed and clutch. They will be coming out in due time for upgrading. Half way in!

Got her all the way in. Got some yonaka mounts for now but I will be upgrading to hasport when the motor comes back out.

I also picked up some diamond steelies for her. I love the look of them so I decided to jump on it. I need a set of winter wheels anyway.

As she sits now. Currently just have to work out some wiring issues then she should be running strong.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The sisters

The diamonds had a little to much poke so I ordered some rear camber kits and dropped her a tad more. Looks a lot better.

After the engine got in i couldn’t get it to start. It would crank all day but nothing. Turns out I was missing a piece from my monotech harness. I messaged mono and he immediately send the missing piece of the harness. Once I recieved it I sent it off to WIRED since they made the chassis harness ODB 1 and My diagrams in all data weren’t matching the pinouts. Wiring isn’t my strong point lol.

Last edited by Evo9GSR; 09-02-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Shortly after I got the car back from WIRED I sold the diamonds. I liked them but I needed the extra cash to pick up the a hood for my JDM front end. Ended up getting some GSR swirleys from a friend. They look sweet!

After I got the hood I installed the JDM front end on my white hatch. These are pretty rare here on the east coast and I’ve been hunting for one for a long time. But patience is key and I finally pieced one together! The following week me and a couple of my buddy’s decided to take a little drive to grab some food and take pictures. Here are some that we took

Old 06-13-2018, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ended up picking up an extra k motor. K20z3 from a 2010 si. Only has 116k.

Also picked up something special for the blue hatch. Got a PR3 head with dual valve spring and JDM GSR cams. Got her cleaned up and painted and she’s looking great!
Old 06-16-2018, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the motor out. Pistons went to the machine shop to have the ARP rod bolts pressed in and the journals resized. She looks so pretty!!

Old 03-11-2019, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the motor into the hatch. Looks nice and snug. Almost looks oem lol.

Remember that k20z3? I rebuilt it and sold it for extra bucks to finish up my hatch. Came out pretty good IMO.

These are some of the last pictures I took of my white hatch. I went through a reservation and it was just too perfect

Last edited by Evo9GSR; 03-11-2019 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow this is a huge update since the last time I saw your thread! Looking really great dude, B20vtec is going to be a nice setup!

I like what you did with the flares, I think more people should get creative with fenders since what's the harm, they are already rusty!
Old 03-11-2019, 02:50 PM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Evo9GSR
Got the motor into the hatch. Looks nice and snug. Almost looks oem lol.

Remember that k20z3? I rebuilt it and sold it for extra bucks to finish up my hatch. Came out pretty good IMO.

These are some of the last pictures I took of my white hatch. I went through a reservation and it was just too perfect

nice pics
Old 02-10-2020, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry guys I keep forgetting about this thread. Shortly after the scenic photo shoot I was on my way to sell it and got rear ended into a taxi. RIP smh and DONT TEXT AND DRIVE!!

Old 02-10-2020, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks a lot! sorry for the year late reply i often use Facebook groups as my primary source of sharing. I did love the fender flares as well. they look great when done correctly. I miss that car everyday .Im going to keep trying to catch this build thread up as much as possible. My blue hatch is already finished just waiting for nicer weather to start testing!
Old 02-10-2020, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man. Hoping to take the blue hatch there this season.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ended up test fittings some wheels I had for my e30. Looks pretty good

So I paint matched them. I mean why not right? Haha
Old 02-16-2020, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Since The white hatch was obviously totaled I hunted for a new daily. I got an eg hatch that was completely stock. It was okay but I’m not a fan of eg hatches to be honest. I prefer the coupe. That’s probably my second favorite out of the typical older Honda’s. But anyways I sold the bubble and hunted Craigslist and found this diamond in the rough. A one family DA integra. Went to go check it out and bought it on sight. The trunk was a little messed up from a branch falling on the car but luckily for me that’s why they were selling it so cheap. $500 bucks later I had a daily

Old 02-19-2020, 08:24 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

sorry to read about your white hatch getting squished. keep the blue hatch alive in its memory
nice pick up on the integra. it should be a good replacement for the white hatch
Old 02-21-2020, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hasport
sorry to read about your white hatch getting squished. keep the blue hatch alive in its memory
nice pick up on the integra. it should be a good replacement for the white hatch
Thank you and it was! I ended up getting rid of it but for a pretty good cause. I’ll actually be reaching out to you guys hopefully this may for mounts so I can get the new swap into the blue hatch.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE:

I had the integra for about a month. I took a ton of parts from the old red integra sitting at the shop including the trunk, hood, headlights, front bumper, etc. got some LED lights in her and she was a kick *** daily! Shortly after my buddy (who is a huge DA fan) said he had an offer I couldn’t refuse....

Here she is!! Camellia red 94 coupe. Probably my favorite oem color. I fell in love as soon as a saw it. She cane with some goodies as well so that made the choice even more clear. Bye bye integra!

Got her home and parked next to her new sisters lol

Quick Reply: Track/Street ED6 Build