Notices

Track/Street ED6 Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Track/Street ED6 Build

hmmm, I thought there arms were anodized for some reason. Either good deal on the right information.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
hmmm, I thought there arms were anodized for some reason. Either good deal on the right information.
That's what I thought and I should've asked. My guess is the PO probably had them done in purple. There is a sliver base under the paint so that's my guess.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got an update for you guys. Well for starters I finally got the DC KYBs on. For those who dont know this requires EK front forks and the back shocks must be spaced to fit the thicker LCAs. Long story short, dont do it unless the shocks are an absolute STEAL. The car sits a little high but winter is coming around so I dont mind. When spring comes my GC combo will be going on to bring the car back down. Im working on a deal for an NRG short hub and I picked up two brand new BMW bottlecaps to complete a set. I also picked up GTS headlight covers since Ive seen them on a few cars and think they look amazing. I also picked up an H22 head because Ive been doing some research and I think I am going to go with a G swap for the blue hatch. For those who dont know, a G swap or G22/G23 is a H series head on a F series block. From what Ive researched so far they are pretty reliable and make good power (k series competition) and they are fairly cheaper than a K series. So I will definitely be looking more into it and gathering some parts.

The cars new winter stance lol

My nephew somehow climbed in when I was doing the last shock. Gotta start him young.

GTS covers. I will try to post some pics of them on the cars. I bought them mainly for the blue car but they look great on both so Im not sure anymore.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Back again guys with another update! Today was a pretty good day. For starters I picked up a brand new bottle cap and a used one plus 4 tires to make a full set of winter wheels. On the other hand Im working on a trade for some BBS reps. I want fins for the car but the reps are BNIB and its a trade Im not losing in so why not. Finally I was at work and I happen to run into another white auto hatch. Guy was a close friend of my dads. He saw the two hatches and says he was trying to sell one for years. He ended up giving me the car for a price that you wouldn't believe if I told you... should have another update by this week!!

This is one bottlecap cleaned up with the fresh tire. they will all basically look like this when done.

Wheels Im acquiring in the trade.

This is her!!! 89 hatch dx automatic. Traveled to see her and getting her dropped of wednesday. This is my third hatch Im trying to save a generation here lol.

Should have pics of everything by thursday!!!
Old 01-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems as if Honda Tech is getting slow nowadays lol. But I've managed to get some more stuff done. For starters I picked up the auto hatch and now she's up for sale. I made a thread on here too if anyone near NJ might want it. As for my car I got a grant steering wheel and hub basically new. I also picked up a rear red center garnish, rear cargo cover with shelves, another set of floor mats and some other odds and ends. The rear shelves were in terrible condition so I decided to fab up some housings to mount speakers. They actually came out well and I was able to put my speaker covers to use. My biggest thing is getting her on the road in the next couple of weeks so more updates as they come. Enjoy!

If you guys have been following my thread you guys know that the muffler was scraped off when the PO had the car slammed on the ground. I put together a quick fix until I get money for the custom set up I want to run.

Here is the grant steering set up. I wanted to go with something outside of the normal NRG set up. I have a NRG set up in my blue hatch and I have no complaints at all, but since this steering wheel was sitting in the shop I decided to put it to use. I actually like it. I may change it up a bit in the future.

I met a fellow EF guy from Japan online. Apparently they love our USDM corners over there so I hooked him up with both of my sets since they were in great condition and I wanted new ones anyways. I got ambers for this hatch and all clears for the blue.

Here are the rear speaker mounts I fabbed up. Basically I had an extra set of front speaker housings (the black plastic that the speaker bolts to in the doors) and since the rear shelves were destroyed with holes anyway I decided to cut the housings and make them into speaker mounts. It worked really well and look really clean. I also got some speakers to fit the covers so they look almost OEM. This was a great cheap alternative until I get OEM rear pods and better shelves. Here's pics and you guys judge for yourself!

Old 09-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's been a long time since I've posted here. I'll post an update soon but for now, a teaser

Old 09-29-2016, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A lot has happened since I last posted here but I'll post the updates in the order they occurred. So let's start with the following.

Got the exhaust fabricated and on the car.

This was the set up but it didn't last too long lol.

Also got my fab skills going and extended my factory top hats.

Got a pioneer radio, clock, and a DC lower console.

Lastly, I got the suspension all together and set at the ride height I want. KYB GR-2/GC set up on the custom top hats. I love the ride and they are still going strong for the 6 months they've been on the car despite the horrible potholes in jersey
Old 09-29-2016, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just went through the thread. Nice build. I'm glad there's another car being saved. Its a feel good thing.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by codybuRr
just went through the thread. Nice build. I'm glad there's another car being saved. Its a feel good thing.

Thanks brother. I actually have two of them. I was gonna document both in one thread but I'm gonna just do seperate build thread. This is for the race car lol. Stay tuned another update coming tomorrow!
Old 10-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Evo9GSR
Thanks brother. I actually have two of them. I was gonna document both in one thread but I'm gonna just do seperate build thread. This is for the race car lol. Stay tuned another update coming tomorrow!
I know the feeling, I have two 4 doors: One is the race car(current daily), one for daily(currently in the garage).

definitely want more updates!
Old 10-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE!!!

Added a VW lip and painted the front grill black. Looks so much better now.

I added a sparco tow strap. Most of my interior pieces will be sparco for this car. They make amazing products.

Added My black Konig Hurry ultra lights and got her on the road. This is how she sat for awhile. A lot of people don't like konig but these wheels are insanely light weight.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm a bigger fan of OEM corner lights but this car looks dope!

Nicely done!
Old 10-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Keep up the great work, love seeing them being kept on the road!
Old 10-03-2016, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Small but significant update. At this time I was focusing on the car being reliable. The previous owner told me that the car needed a clutch. I popped open the trans to find out it needed a complete rebuild. So I replaced the main bearings and some other stuff with OEM Honda replacement parts. Also got new axles, Master Cylinder, and a steering rack. Didn't know steering Racks were so expensive! Cost me 350 with my discount! But despite all those setbacks I picked up a few goodies that put a smile on my face!

Got these from an E30 guy doing a track build. Never seen this fabric before plus they are mint condition. Very dirty but no rips at all with the original fabric. Never reupholstered.

Cleaned them up and threw them in. They look great with the blue interior. These will soon be going in my blue hatch though

I also found these recaros and bought them. The price was entirely too right despite the condition of the seat. If you guys didn't know by now I have a recaro fetish lol.

I'm currently saving up for fabric and mesh headrests. They will look like this when they are done and will go into this white hatch. Still on the hunt for some orange spectrum fabric but it's TOO RARE

Also I traded those BBS replicas I had for some old school Boyd Racing 3 piece wheels. They are polished nice and have a shine but not shiny enough!
Old 10-03-2016, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm a bigger fan of OEM corner lights but this car looks dope!

Nicely done!
I am too but trust me it was for a good cause. These are just temporary. I'll give you a hint though, no more USDM lol
Old 10-03-2016, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jonGSR
Keep up the great work, love seeing them being kept on the road!
Thanks brother. I just noticed that you're Jon Widmer (sorry if I spelled it wrong lol) from YouTube. When I first started to get into EFs I watched your videos a lot man they are awesome. Keep coming with the good content I'm subscribed!
Old 10-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Evo9GSR
I am too but trust me it was for a good cause. These are just temporary. I'll give you a hint though, no more USDM lol
JDM 4 LYFE
Old 10-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM 4 LYFE
You know it brother!!

This is picture is out of timeline order but hey oh well!

SPOILER ALERT:

Last edited by Evo9GSR; 10-09-2016 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There's about one or two more updates until you guys are caught up. After I got the recaros in I was happy with the car. This is basically how she sits now but I went through trying out a couple different wheels and replacing other odds and ends. So here you go!

For starters I took my 3 piece wheels to my wheel guy to look at different lip sizes and pricing. I think I'm gonna get these 2.5" ones. It's gonna be a really tight fit but damn they look good! Might even keep the black chrome/chrome contrast but once I pick a color I'll drop them off.

After leaving my wheel guy Honda day was approaching (Honda day spring 2016) so I decided to plastic dip them for the show. Went with white faces and bolts with a polished lip.

Got the caps painted

I think they look amazing!

Got them on and this is how the car looked at HDay Spring 2016. This was my first time me ever driving on these wheels since I got them.

Some time went by and I bought some rota slips. Paint was in terrible condition but price wasn't lol.

Had a ton of left over plastic dip from when I did my 3 pieces. So why not. Lord knows these needed paint lol.

Paint came out great. I have a thing for white wheels lol.

Shortly after the slips I bought a fender roller. My real wheels rubbed entirely too much. After rolling the fender the wheels fit way better. Still gonna go with 205/45 instead of 205/50. Wheel is a 16x8.

Testing fitments after the roll. 3 of my wheels are in this picture. I got a couple more sets in the back lol.

HDay summer 2016. Also met a guy that imported an original ZC. Thing was flawless

Guy basically had the same look as my car at the show lol. Great minds think alike. I was a little jealous of his carbon hood

Ended up picking up a sparco wheel and quick release a couple weeks ago.

Also picked up this momo wood wheel for the blue car

Both of my cars as they currently sit. You guys are basically all caught up! Stay tuned more updates coming within the week!

Last edited by Evo9GSR; 10-09-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

een doing some work over the winter. Updates coming soon. I picked up a k20a2 with only 69k on it for a great price. I got the block seperated from the head and starting to inspect it. Everything In the head checked out so I'm moving on to the block. More pics to come. Here's a couple I took

I got the motor in December so I wrapped everything up to prep for winter storage.
Once the weather got nice I went and got the head and started working on it. I polished up the cams a bit and got a Type R intake manifold.
After that I plucked some injectors from my old legend and picked up a throttle body from a type s. The head on the top is going in the car. The one on the bottom was for parts. May slap it together and do a k20/k24
The two sisters lol

Last edited by Evo9GSR; 08-11-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

love the ef man

Old 01-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ssmrico
love the ef man

yours too man. Boosted b series?
Old 01-19-2017, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah its had a few stages lol. pic with blue vc its recent. been trying to clean it up since I got it back. new top mount manifold being made soon and hood exits then getting that ceramic coated and doing a few other things. my link in my sig will keep the build updated

Old 01-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ssmrico
yeah its had a few stages lol. pic with blue vc its recent. been trying to clean it up since I got it back. new top mount manifold being made soon and hood exits then getting that ceramic coated and doing a few other things. my link in my sig will keep the build updated

Thats dope man. I'm going B series for my blue car. I was thinking turbo but I need it to be reliable since it's gonna be the daily I'm going B16a though
Old 01-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

car has been used as a daily also and no issues very reliable

Quick Reply: Track/Street ED6 Build