Notices

seafoam cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seafoam cleaning

The other day, I did the seafoam cleaning of my ZC through a vacum line before the TB. After putting about 1/3 of the bottle in it the car was blowing smoke for about 15 minutes afterwards. I looked at the tail pipe afterwards and the carbon was deposited real thick even on there. If you set your finger on it it would have covered it with black! I'm wondering if any of you would recommend a 2nd cleaning or not? it seems like the engine was pretty damn dirty! (BTW, this ZC engine has always been run on 87 octane i guess)
Old 08-20-2006, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: seafoam cleaning (baboracus)

You put it in pre throttle body? I though it recomended using a vac port after, there is more vac after the TB anyways, I tried that on my friends mustang but it didn't work wel at all, we use the brake booster vac line and worked like a champ...but anyways, I'd wait a little and then run it through again...the stuff does wonders, I use it in my gas tank, oil before changes and vac treatment every now and then too
Old 10-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: seafoam cleaning (Loserkidwac)

seafoamed my crx through the egr valve vac. Night and day difference.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: seafoam cleaning (Rob.)

Seafoam Is BalliN... I used to work for the company that packaged and shipped it.

SeaQuist Perfect In Cary, ILLANOISE
Old 10-04-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Re: seafoam cleaning (C_R_X_V_T_E_C)

seafoam works wonders.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: seafoam cleaning (l e o h j)

Is there anyone who doesnt like SeaFoam?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup, Some people on here and other forums hate it.... just because they didn't use it properly or it revealed problems they already had that were hidden under carbon build up etc. that all in all Hyrdo locked their motors from pouring in too much too fast.

I personally love the stuff. I only use SeaFoam and Techron (by Chevron).
Old 10-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Rainman

Default Re: (BlueCrxNC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueCrxNC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup, Some people on here and other forums hate it.... just because they didn't use it properly or it revealed problems they already had that were hidden under carbon build up etc. that all in all Hyrdo locked their motors from pouring in too much too fast.

I personally love the stuff. I only use SeaFoam and Techron (by Chevron).</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep, it cleans great, but I would rather just build a tired motor back up than run that **** through it and clean up all the nice little bad spots in the rings and burn twice as much oil after that! Most people I have sold it too wonder why their car smokes worse after they use it. DONT USE IT ON AN OLD MOTOR THAT BURNS OIL!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SIred91)

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrxNC »
Yup, Some people on here and other forums hate it.... just because they didn't use it properly or it revealed problems they already had that were hidden under carbon build up

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
You mean like putting the proper oil in your tranny and finding out it needs work instead of covering it up with with syrup?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIred91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yep, it cleans great, but I would rather just build a tired motor back up than run that **** through it and clean up all the nice little bad spots in the rings and burn twice as much oil after that! Most people I have sold it too wonder why their car smokes worse after they use it. DONT USE IT ON AN OLD MOTOR THAT BURNS OIL!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I bought a JDM(used of course, but only to the point they do b4 replacement) and it uses NO oil. stays white glove clean

It would be ok to try it on this engine do you think?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Rainman

Default Re: (HondaHeddie)

Why would you want to try it on an engine that is running "white glove clean"? Whats the use? It just might make your seals worse!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SIred91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIred91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why would you want to try it on an engine that is running "white glove clean"? Whats the use? It just might make your seals worse! </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats the answer I needed

I asked cuz clean running dont mean running as good as could.

But, now that I think about it...
I get less than 18ppm hydrocarbon emmsions here(yes they test)
which is remarkably low
so I guess there is no reason to clean as you point out.

thanks for making me thing about it
Old 10-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah. I only ran it once on my new JDM D15B VTEC to make sure I was getting it's best.

I do run it periodically on my wife's 97 Accord EX because her intake tends to get rather nasty. (F22 issue; EGR ports etc. I've cleaned them out 100% already and they get dirty/clogged rather fast)

Now, I wouldn't ever run it on that old D15B6 (CRX HF) motor that I had. I already had rod knock and burnt some oil at 210K. Blew up at 240K and that's when the new motor jumped in. Had I ran SeaFoam I probably would have really done some damage rather than improvement as stated by others.