Notices

project Hybred

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 03:08 PM
2XS
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: project Hybred

got the traction bar installed, and made brackets for double shear on the control arm end. took the rear crossmember out, and finished the clearanceing and welding the rear mount, then painted it. put a hush cable to hydro setup on the pedals. I was going to build my own setup for this, but in the persuit of actually getting it drivable this year, I just bouht this piece, and painted the booster and slave to match the rest of the underhood stuff and then cut my intake runners, so I could take a pie out of them, and angle it down a bit more to clear the hood
Attached Images           
Old 07-23-2017, 04:00 PM
2XS
Honda-Tech Member

worked on making the intake fit under the hood this weekend, got it to fit, just have to weld it up and sand it for a clean look. I was having problems getting all the paint cleaned off to reweld it. Really should have decided to do this before painting it in the first place
Attached Images        
Old 07-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great fab skills here man. I especially like the HVAC in the arm rest. I don't think I've seen that before. Keep it up!
Old 07-30-2017, 04:19 PM
2XS
Honda-Tech Member

this weekend I repurposed a bracket to mount the resavoir for the clutch master, and got it painted and mounted. I needed a grommet for the supply line, that was going through the original clutch cable hole, but it was too thick for a grommet to stay, so I slid a larger hose over the original, and wedged it in the hole to act as a grommet. got my dss 5.9 axles and new hubs/spindles painted up and installed, along with the koni yellows, eibach springs, and wepon r coil over sleeves. unfortunately the arp wheel studs are too long for the centers of my wheels to mount, so I'm going to have to shave them a bit. Then I built a bracket for my hydraulic clutch line to my tranny, and mounted that, and lastly I had broken inserts for my windshield wiper cowl, so I filled the holes with epoxy, and when it dries I'm going to redrill the holes, and hope that works
Attached Images          
Old 09-29-2017, 09:40 PM
2XS
Honda-Tech Member

so 13 hr work days kinda slowed down my build plans, but here is what has happened since the last post

measured, and drilled for an rsx type s shift mechanism. I was told that 2 holes lined up, the 3rd had to be drilled, and you left the 4th out, but when I did it, I also drilled for the 4th and it works perfect.
made a cover plate for the old shifter hole, and glued it with banel bond
drilled the k tuned shifter to fit factory holes, and then clearance the base fo sit flush with the factory console bracket
I needed a rad, so I took an old jeep aluminum rad that I had broken tanks on, and cut it to the size I wanted, and mocked up some end tanks
built an adaptor to go from the catback to the turbo manifold. I'm just wanting to get the motor running to make sure there are no bugs before putting the turbo stuff on it, so this will just be temporary
and lastly finished welding the intake back together
Attached Images