Notices

Project Burnt Rice Build Thread (finally!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Project Burnt Rice Build Thread (finally!!!)

Im not quite doing as much as yourself and dont currently have a build thread. I have 3 crxs that need some attention. One has been ongoing for a couple years while I drove my daily, and now my daily is needing attetion as well. Will be doing more work on my daily compared to the others. My third has over 400k miles on it and needs some TLC to get it running clean and not so rich as well as having a working fuel gauge and changing some gaskets to prevent burning as much oil and keeping it out of the spark plug tubes. Always something to do on these cars, but once its done you wont have to worry about it for a long time with quality parts.

Paint job and rust repair for me is going to cost around $2500. Have been buying some new oem parts and getting together other things as I need them for when I redo my daily. Its fun to take off a lot of time and do nothing but work on the car and know what youre going to do and have the money to pay for everything. Even gathering the proper tools to remove stuff such as changing the trailing arm bushings. Tedius and time consuming work learning how to do everything. I find inspiration from seeing other peoples builds though as Im sure others do as well
Old 11-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Zcash I here you on the point that there is always something to do with these cars. This is my 4th 2nd Gen CRX but my 1st Si model. I've been around a lot of builds from friends and rivals of the past, learning things as I go along, but by no means am I an expert. This is why I post on here to get suggestions and advice from people all over. I recently got some 90 CRX SI rear trailing arms for my rear disc conversion. I need to buy a new parking brake cable for it, get some steel braided brake lines and new brake pads/rotors/calipers since I really don't know the condition of the calipers and having new brakes just makes sense. But the trailing arms I got came with rust on them so I'm going to take them apart and have them sandblasted and paint them with Por-15. I forgot to mention that I'll also be changing out the trailing arm bushing with the PCI ones I have and getting new Bearings and Hubs for the rear.

I need to get an estimate for my paint and body work too. Lot's to do, so little money haha!!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man........ It's April going into May of 2018, just decided to pick this thread back up. I just want to say one thing to those of you that are building your cars and struggling to get them finished. NEVER GIVE UP!! There has been some times that I felt that this build is too much for me, or that it'll never get a debut. But I know that if I was to give up on it now, I'd regret it in the future. This car is supposed to symbolize my handwork and determination as well as my tenacity. I don't really have much updates with the car, I've done some suspension work and I'm going to continue to work on it, can't make promises when it'll be done. But in case you're reading this thank you for your support!!
Old 04-30-2018, 01:28 PM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well said.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by burnt_rice
Man........ It's April going into May of 2018, just decided to pick this thread back up. I just want to say one thing to those of you that are building your cars and struggling to get them finished. NEVER GIVE UP!! There has been some times that I felt that this build is too much for me, or that it'll never get a debut. But I know that if I was to give up on it now, I'd regret it in the future. This car is supposed to symbolize my handwork and determination as well as my tenacity. I don't really have much updates with the car, I've done some suspension work and I'm going to continue to work on it, can't make promises when it'll be done. But in case you're reading this thank you for your support!!
You got this man! I'm in a similar boat with my car, every time I fix something I find five more issues, it feels like it will never end... But I also know that's what I got myself into when I bought a car with 225,000 miles

Best of luck to you!
Old 05-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ~sp33~
Well said.
Thanks for the support!
Old 05-13-2018, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cybersec
You got this man! I'm in a similar boat with my car, every time I fix something I find five more issues, it feels like it will never end... But I also know that's what I got myself into when I bought a car with 225,000 miles

Best of luck to you!
I really appreciate your kind words!! Just gotta stick with it and get more progress on the car towards getting it finished!! Thanks for viewing my post and for commenting!