popping alternator fuse - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

popping alternator fuse

Old 03-16-2019, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default popping alternator fuse

Got a 91 crx si not had the car too long but I have done a lot of work on it new brake booster new carpet new fuel pump with new wiring and was a drop in unit with wiring all the way to storage compartment plug. I did the k20a swap but as soon as I did this swap have had this problem with popping alternator fuse once the car starts Checked alt and its showing good. I have checked fuel pump relay and its good my fuel pump relay harness is were it gets funny I have no ground on the black wire pin 1 and I have body ground on pin2 yellow wire and I have 12 v when the switch is on. sometimes the fuse will not blow I have driven it about 12 miles and come home and park it and go to move it and fuse pops as soon as it starts up. Anyone that can help me out on this? I have my battery in the hatch with a ground on one of the strut tower nuts

Update just checked a few other wires that should have battery + and with the car off the battery unhooked I have body ground on those wires so now I am really scratching my head.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: popping alternator fuse

$100.00 to the first person to solve this problem

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: