Notices

Performance Upgrade?!?!?

Old 07-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Upgrade?!?!?

Ok today I was driving out of a parking space and my muffler just dropped. It broke off from the pipe part, not the hangers or anything, the part where the pipe and muffler connects just looks like garbage(Ill post pics when its light outside). Well the car sounds like it got a loud exhaust(not a horrible coffee can sound) and it seems to be running smoother. Will the car be damaged if I continue to drive it like this? And is it even an improvement?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:03 PM

should be slower no back pressure but i dont think it should hurt the car just be loud as hell
Old 07-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (dcteg)

I've heard that it's not good for your valves. Don't Quote me on that though, It's what i heard. Someone confirm this.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:30 PM

hahaha i am sooooo tired of hearing about exaust damaging valves. and u wont damage anything
Old 07-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (yellow rex)

it'll be fine, it wont damage n e thing but like they say if its stock and it breaks UPGRADE!!!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (C_R_X_V_T_E_C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR Inspired ED7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've heard that it's not good for your valves. Don't Quote me on that though, It's what i heard. Someone confirm this. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Ive also heard that it can hurt to..where there is no back pressure..
idk though.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:24 AM

Default Re: (harmonator84)

You still have a cat and therefore still have back pressure, nothing should be damaged from it, I believe you could loose some low end power but gain some uptop
Old 08-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Loserkidwac)

u all r crazy maybe its me but the hole back pressure stuff i thing is load of crap. if back pressure is so important then tell me why drag cars and why they didn't have cats on older cars its a smog thing and cleaner air thing, its not going to hurt any thing. the most it might do is maybe have u runing lean because there not as much pressure on the o2 senor(s) my minime i had was ported and straight pipe all the way back to the muffle tip. i had a cat and toke it off and ran faster. the car is going to run better because its not trying so hard to push out exhaust. if any thing its breathing better. why would u port ur head and then go to a stock exhaust pipe? u wouldn't. the object is to get out as much exhaust as possible.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:14 AM

Default Re: (si90rex)

4 bangers need back pressure, V8 drag cars are a different story, also FI cars don't need back pressure
Old 08-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont see how maybe no one has ever had proff why. if they need backpressure explain please. there nothin different between an v8 and a 4 banger. just the senors and the o2 senors are on the exhuast side. if i wrong please correct me but i need so proff.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Rainman

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Loserkidwac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4 bangers need back pressure, V8 drag cars are a different story, also FI cars don't need back pressure</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats a bunch of crap.

And the only way you will hurt your poor witto valves is to run it with out a header or anything.

And what fuckstain would do that anyway?

This thread is full of bullshit son!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:41 AM

Default Re: (SIred91)

Alright maybe that was iggnorance on my part...back pressure is bad and you can eliminate it with out causeing any damamging problems...if you completely emilinate back pressure or have to much of a free flowing exhaust...atleast in my opinion on a stock N/A car you will hurt your preformance, atlest your low end/tourque you can free up some HP but for a street car tq is what makes it fun and accelerate faster...with a v6 or v8 Tq isn't a problem, it won't make to much of a differencec negatively with a bigger displacement motor
Old 08-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Default Re: (SIred91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIred91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This thread is full of bullshit son! </TD></TR></TABLE>
+1

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Loserkidwac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright maybe that was iggnorance on my part...back pressure is bad and you can eliminate it with out causeing any damamging problems...if you completely emilinate back pressure or have to much of a free flowing exhaust...atleast in my opinion on a stock N/A car you will hurt your preformance, atlest your low end/tourque you can free up some HP but for a street car tq is what makes it fun and accelerate faster...with a v6 or v8 Tq isn't a problem, it won't make to much of a differencec negatively with a bigger displacement motor</TD></TR></TABLE>
umm ok.. why on my 3" piped other then lid stock camaro I gained torque even in the low end?

Read up on exhausts it's not that tricky to get the basics, understanding why some pipe sizes work well how it moves and what speed.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Re: (***-assin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ***-assin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
umm ok.. why on my 3" piped other then lid stock camaro I gained torque even in the low end?

Read up on exhausts it's not that tricky to get the basics, understanding why some pipe sizes work well how it moves and what speed.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was saying only on 4 bangers it would effect tourque/low end...maybe i am being iggnorant but I believe there is anoticable loss of low end power when you run to large of an exhaust...on a 4 banger All opinion on my part but i'll try and read up on this some more
Old 08-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Loserkidwac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I was saying only on 4 bangers it would effect tourque/low end...maybe i am being iggnorant but I believe there is anoticable loss of low end power when you run to large of an exhaust...on a 4 banger All opinion on my part but i'll try and read up on this some more </TD></TR></TABLE>
Hint, has to do with EGV
3" is WAY to big for a stock lil 4.

PS you are the kind of poster we need more of
Old 08-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Loserkidwac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I was saying only on 4 bangers it would effect tourque/low end...maybe i am being iggnorant but I believe there is anoticable loss of low end power when you run to large of an exhaust...on a 4 banger All opinion on my part but i'll try and read up on this some more </TD></TR></TABLE>

well then look at it this way why do u need low end torque especially with a 4 banger. r u pulling anything. then only time u need low end torque it when ur at a dead stop. when u race u never drop below 4k right. unless u suck at drivng or u have a v8. 4bangers the only thing they got going for them is the high end torque.
why do we push 8200rmp in stead of 4500. if u shifted at 4500 in 1st and 2nd by 3rd u would be going 25mph and bogging like no other.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si90rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well then look at it this way why do u need low end torque especially with a 4 banger. r u pulling anything. then only time u need low end torque it when ur at a dead stop. when u race u never drop below 4k right. unless u suck at drivng or u have a v8. 4bangers the only thing they got going for them is the high end torque.
why do we push 8200rmp in stead of 4500. if u shifted at 4500 in 1st and 2nd by 3rd u would be going 25mph and bogging like no other. </TD></TR></TABLE>
wtf!!

Honestly there is more stupid in this post alone then the rest of this thread. PS my v8 turns more then some Ds.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm talking old school 8v my sister old truck redlined a 5500.and i was meaning stock as well. the most i have seen a old school 8v turn that was stock was 6k. i'm not saying its not possibly.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ***-assin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Hint, has to do with EGV
3" is WAY to big for a stock lil 4.

PS you are the kind of poster we need more of </TD></TR></TABLE>

What is EGV Exhaust Gas Ventilation?? i tried google but didn't have much luck....

PS Thanks, i try
Old 08-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si90rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm talking old school 8v my sister old truck redlined a 5500.and i was meaning stock as well. the most i have seen a old school 8v turn that was stock was 6k. i'm not saying its not possibly.</TD></TR></TABLE>
So your factoring in alot that just isn't really helpful to anyone becaus last I checked most people don't race old trucks....

little motors dont need to rev high they can sneak by with gearing btw.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

What is EGV Exhaust Gas Ventilation?? i tried google but didn't have much luck....

PS Thanks, i try </TD></TR></TABLE>
Exhaust Gas Veloicity

for trying though

Old 08-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So your factoring in alot that just isn't really helpful to anyone becaus last I checked most people don't race old trucks....

little motors dont need to rev high they can sneak by with gearing btw.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know at my work we have a 15hp honda motor that moves 70,000lb at 5 mph its how we test are truck scales. behold the power of honda.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si90rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i know at my work we have a 15hp honda motor that moves 70,000lb at 5 mph its how we test are truck scales. behold the power of honda. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I wanta know more about that thing
70K rpm is turbine spinning range To keep something balanced for that is just beyond words. Such interesting technology imo.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

type o 70,000lbs as in weight at 5mph are scales are made in sections, that all together average the weight. so a 60 ft scale has 6 section and we need to check every section so this cart moves 70,000lbs down the scale to see how off the section is.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si90rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">type o 70,000lbs as in weight at 5mph are scales are made in sections, that all together average the weight. so a 60 ft scale has 6 section and we need to check every section so this cart moves 70,000lbs down the scale to see how off the section is.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
very cool thanks for the info I want one, dunno what i'll do with it but i know i'll find a use

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Performance Upgrade?!?!?