Notices

NO Crank NO Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank NO Start

Hey I'm having trouble trying to start my car after doing my swap. I'm thinking it has something to do with the wiring but I'm not sure how to go about it. I'm going to list some specs and what I have found out so far. Later on I will also post some pictures of my set-up/wiring.
-1990 civic si (b-series)
-0bd0-obd1 rywire harness
-when turning the key the main relay clicks but I cant hear the fuel pump priming. (brand new walbro gss341 fuel pump)
-starter is good checked by jumpstarting the starter and the engine turns over
-the day I brought my car to the house (tow truck) while the battery was connected I took off the ecu, the next day the battery had been drained was 12.6V next day was 5.8V. (not sue what it means)
-checked for continuity on the fuses from the engine bay fuse box and the wires that get tapped to the old harness.
-checked all my 3 grounding points
Any ideas will be helpful, thanks in advance.

Last edited by davidayala831; 11-10-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NO Crank NO Start

Originally Posted by davidayala831

Today when I was messing with the car I decided to try jump starting it, at first it was turning over. With the spark plugs off I got it to turn over several times for a couple seconds (since it is a new build I wanted to get oil circulating around the engine). I then put the spark plugs on and bought some starting fluid to see if I could start the engine. However the car didn't want to turn over I connected the jumper cables and it still wouldn't turn over like it was doing before. I'm going to try jump starting it again later on today. Anyone have an idea of what this means???
for one, only use starting fluid if you like big explosions. If its getting gas you dont need it. Save that can for the carnival or something. Maybe your lawnmower to see if the carb is plugged. Check the small terminal on starter solenoid with a test light when cranking. Go from there. Other than that, I see a wiring nightmare, and I cannot make sence of it. Good luck!
Old 11-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Still trying to figure out what is happening I'm getting really frustrated can anyone help? I took off the rywire harness and made my own harness, I'll post a picture of the wiring diagram I used. I already figured out why the fuel pump wasn't priming. So at the moment the car cranks but doesn't want to start, I'm getting spark and fuel. I'm getting codes 6 and 21 but they should not stop the car from starting right? Also another thing I'm not sure is if the base map downloaded correctly to the ecu I'm not very familiar with using the Hondata Software. When I plug in the usb to the laptop it sais that the file is in the ecu but it doesn't show me any of the parameters Ill post picture of what I am talking about. I don't have a spare obd1 ecu btw.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so I just realized that I am not getting any oil pressure. So my question is would no oil pressure cause the engine not to start?????
Old 11-12-2017, 03:41 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Ok so I just realized that I am not getting any oil pressure. So my question is would no oil pressure cause the engine not to start?????
As far as I know, the ECU doesn't look for oil pressure, so that shouldn't be preventing your engine from starting from an electrical standpoint.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OK so I know that I'm getting fuel all the way to the fuel line but I am not sure if the injectors are the problem. Right before I realized I wasn't getting any oil pressure I tried spraying some carb cleaner to make sure fuel was not the problem and it sounded like the engine wanted to start but stopped when I realized the oil light was on and the temp was going up. I checked with a test light to make sure power was going to the injectors. I bought the injectors used (some RC 310CC) so I'm not confident that they are good how can I make sure they are working???
Old 11-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

problem solved
Old 11-29-2017, 03:45 PM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

problem solved
And what would the solution be in your case so we have closure to following your saga and also maybe somebody down the line might be able to try the solution you found to work?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the last 2 issues I had was because I was missing the bottom orings for the injectors and when I redid the harness I messed up the wiring for the dizzy.