Notices

need little help before sir front goes on my rex

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default need little help before sir front goes on my rex

ok i did search and here is what i found on this site...
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/jdm-conversion-radiator-support-678379/

but my question is this: how can i tell which front end i have? the person i bought the front end from didnt say if it was a ef7/8? i am going to be installing my front end tomorrow, but i wanted to be as ready as possible. i have the entire front end the only thing i dont have is a radiator support. i was going to just use the usdm one becuase i know it can be modified to work by spacing it out. which i figure it going to be better for me to do this because im not always gonna be rocking the front end.

i also read on jdmuniverse that i need to modify the bolt holes where the bumper support bolts up to the chassis.

thanks for all the help.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Ldo
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need little help before sir front goes on my rex

I don't think the EF7 has the wrap around bumper lights. As far as the radiator support, I don't think you can tell which one you have 'til you bolt everything up and line up the hood to the latch on the support. Doesn't matter which version of radiator support you have, there are still adjustment that needs to be made to line up the hood latch for the hood to close properly.

Just bolt things up and you will see what adjustment is needed right away. There's no one method to use since everybody's car condition is different.

Use a dremel to slot the holes and the hooks on the bumper support, get someone to help hold it up while you torque down the bolts. Again, you'll see right away what needs to be fixed. It's not a hard job, just takes alot of time.

The headlights and the bumper has enough adjustment options from the factory, but if you need more, the dremel will do wonder and is a must have.

Good luck.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ldo
I don't think the EF7 has the wrap around bumper lights. As far as the radiator support, I don't think you can tell which one you have
The 89-90 jdm ef7 did have the wrap around signals and front end the same as the SiR.

Also, the upper rad supports were different, and the difference can be seen

my photo's are kinda crappy, but they're off my cell

Old 06-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Deetz
The 89-90 jdm ef7 did have the wrap around signals and front end the same as the SiR.

Also, the upper rad supports were different, and the difference can be seen

my photo's are kinda crappy, but they're off my cell

im going to be using my stock usdm radiator support till my jdm one comes in, but i was reading up on this and found out that some jdm front ends dont need a different support? according to what i read some SiR styled crx's had a sohc ZC motor but still had the ef8 front? and if i had this front end i could use my stock support and not have to mod anything? is this correct?
Old 06-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Ldo
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you line up both of those radiator supports to see if the striker holes are in the same location? That's the only thing that matters. The other difference is just the opening for some intake tube, but that doesn't make or break your installation.