Notices

McGrubers all out crx track build

Old 03-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: McGrubers all out crx track build

Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
road racing? are you going to be doing TT or driving on the track doing HPDEs? Not too sure on the tucking since if you are going "all out" on the track car. Depending on how you route your wires, may turn into a headache if you run into a problem and need to get it fixed in between sessions. 15x9 a really wide unless you're running flares. if you can, try to stay away from running an over stretched tire...don't want to loose that bead while taking a hard turn
Do I hear a hint of sarcasm? lol. Anyway my main purpose will be auto X at first and I'll see where that will lead me. High performance driving events would be cool but I still not to take classes and get certified. I'm not an experienced racer by any means so this will be my first completley non street car. I'm hoping to get my foot in the door and actually have a competitive car. All I've done is drag, which I'll do in this car also but not it's main purpose. I will be running flares or a wide body but I can't find any kits that I like. The wiring is a good point, I havn't decided if I want to go full tuck or not. I might make some of the more important things more accessible and tuck things like the headlight harness etc. Ya I want the widest tires possible with the least bit of stretch, unfortunately the best I've found are 225/45/15. I'd really like 255/45/15. I've heard that most miata guys who are running 15x9's are using the 225/45/15's. A lot of this build is still in the air, I always come with new ideas and more expensive things to do to it lol. So far all I've done since my last post is about half way done blue printing the motor and will assemble it soon. All my money has been going to a trip to Taiwan to visit a good friend of mine, about $4000 which would have gotten me lots of goodies lol. I'm not sure if my car will even be done by this race season. I'll update some more pics once I have the motor assembled and some more of the body work done.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Track Advocate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: McGrubers all out crx track build

i think a 15x8 would have been perfect with the right flares...would have had to give it a lot of camber to fit. miata i saw with axis 15x8 wheels