Notices

THE LUNCHBOX!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: THE LUNCHBOX!

Here are some pics from the JDMyard Honda Show Off 2015, had the lunchbox buffed, mirrors and spare left fender painted as well. There were a few photos were taken of my car, have too many favs so I'll just share them all!

Last edited by afx31; 12-13-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, car looks excellent!!
Old 01-10-2016, 12:58 PM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Cool build thread dude! I see pics of it all the time on Honda Historics, but love seeing the full build of it.

That drag time is about what you should expect haha. I remember my best from the first time i went out was a 16.8 with a DOHC ZC in my 4wd sedan. It had a decent 1/8th but was just too heavy and ran out of puff by 400m haha.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ~sp33~
Cool build thread dude! I see pics of it all the time on Honda Historics, but love seeing the full build of it.

That drag time is about what you should expect haha. I remember my best from the first time i went out was a 16.8 with a DOHC ZC in my 4wd sedan. It had a decent 1/8th but was just too heavy and ran out of puff by 400m haha.
Ahh sweet man, name on Honda Historics lol?

Yeah I wanted to break 17 seconds ae but no way was it happening, didn't help clutch was slipping but oh well. Sounds like a decent time for the ZC
Old 01-17-2016, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey all, I recently had some rims shipped from interstate to use for daily. I spotted these on a black EF when I did my Winton track day last March, and was like damn I need those wheels! Nearly 1yr later I have some, and best bit is, they are the same ones from that black EF! Weddsports TC005 15x6.5 +43

Last edited by afx31; 12-13-2017 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:57 PM
EFB055

Originally Posted by afx31
Ahh sweet man, name on Honda Historics lol?

Yeah I wanted to break 17 seconds ae but no way was it happening, didn't help clutch was slipping but oh well. Sounds like a decent time for the ZC
Steve Spooner, this is mine:

Old 01-20-2016, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Steve Spooner, this is mine:

Ahh right, nice to know! She looks mint, does it still have the ZC in it? I've never actually seen a EF front on the sedan before I dont think. I like!
Old 01-21-2016, 11:31 AM
EFB055

Ahh right, nice to know! She looks mint, does it still have the ZC in it? I've never actually seen a EF front on the sedan before I dont think. I like!
Yeah still got the zc, with a jrsc on it.

P.S just painted my front lip and side skirts to match the rest of the car. My car is going to look like the sedan version of your car now lol
Old 01-21-2016, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah still got the zc, with a jrsc on it.

P.S just painted my front lip and side skirts to match the rest of the car. My car is going to look like the sedan version of your car now lol
Ahh nice how does it go with the JRSC kit?

Haha thats alright good to see a EF sedan look a like. You have the ek side skirts?
Old 01-23-2016, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: THE LUNCHBOX!

Bump for a clean car!

One cool thing about AUS from all the MCM videos is how *seemingly* easy it is to get parts from Japan. That SiR front end can be hand in the states, but they're getting harder to find and everyone wants a mint.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Grahambo02
Bump for a clean car!

One cool thing about AUS from all the MCM videos is how *seemingly* easy it is to get parts from Japan. That SiR front end can be hand in the states, but they're getting harder to find and everyone wants a mint.
Cheers man! It's not that hard to get parts from Japan, as it is to get parts from the States, but theres already a fair few over here. Harder for our cars due to them being old and slightly classified I think as a "rare"-ish car
Old 01-26-2016, 12:30 PM
EFB055

Ahh nice how does it go with the JRSC kit?

Haha thats alright good to see a EF sedan look a like. You have the ek side skirts?
Changes the character of the car a fair bit, much more torque down low so i find myself in higher gears all the time.

The RTI came with factory sideskirts, they're a bit more subtle compared to the EK ones, but can't beat factory fitment haha
Old 01-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Changes the character of the car a fair bit, much more torque down low so i find myself in higher gears all the time.

The RTI came with factory sideskirts, they're a bit more subtle compared to the EK ones, but can't beat factory fitment haha
Would be good for the corners/hill climbs I bet!

Yeah, well mine are EK and I bought from previous HH member, he must of hacked at them or something, not the greatest looking things.. said they were EF9, I took his word cause I was still new to the Honda game.. *sigh*
Old 03-21-2016, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey all, how's everyone been! Yet again I've lagged on updating this, but most likely because nothing much has happened, until now...

Guess one could say within the next few days, the Lunchbox will be coming off the road for the motor swap (FINALLY!!!!!). I've purchased a DA9 Teg which has a B18C JDM motor in her, along with the LSD S80, and I've taken her out. Will most likely send it off next week to have it fully rebuilt top to bottom, maybe even with high comp pistons if boring is required!

Will post up some pics now of ripping the motor out!
Old 03-21-2016, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Before we get started with the motor, wanted to quickly share one of the little things I did, which I should of done a longggg time ago when I got the EF9 front end.

For over a year, I've had no high beam, as the ED front headlights took 2 different inputs, one for main beam and the other for high beam, and the EF9 front head lights only took 1 which did both, so at the time I just didn't both.

Finally came around a year later for a pink slip and needed high beam to pass, so I asked around to find out how to wire up, and then kicked myself when I found out how easy it was..

Cut the high beam wires out, opened up the plug and took the outer input pin/wire shown in pic below

Then I installed it into the main plug, same position as the other, and wallah it works! Should of done this ages ago but was lazy.. oh well

Last edited by afx31; 12-13-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Now onto the goodies..

The teggie still had a bit of rego left, so I got to drive it around for about a week before I took the motor out. It blew a bit of smoke, but still had fun with it. From the teg I got motor/gearbox, hasport cable to hydro conversion, CV's, wheels and the amp/sub. My mate then took the rolling shell for swap a motor into it in the future..

Unplugging everything off of the motor including drive shafts took about 2 hours, not bad I reckon for first go and doing by myself, on a nice 35 degrees day.. (sigh). Taking the motor out was a bit of fun, trying to lift it on the correct angle to get it out underneath of the gearbox mounting bracket.. But we got there! And here's how she sits after removing gearbox and accessories, looks pretty neat to me!

And a nice little surprise to find when removing the rocker cover, Buddy club adjustable cam gears! Didn't even know it had them, booya!

Last edited by afx31; 12-13-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude, I love your car! from everything I can see it is well done. keep up the good work.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caleb Jankovsky
dude, I love your car! from everything I can see it is well done. keep up the good work.
Cheers man! Much more to come and I'll update this thread a lot more! Going to start taking current motor out this Thursday
Old 03-22-2016, 12:47 PM
EFB055

on a nice 35 degrees day.. (sigh).
Was this last Saturday? Man it was hot and humid that day.

That teg looked pretty tidy too.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Was this last Saturday? Man it was hot and humid that day.

That teg looked pretty tidy too.
Yeah its been rather hot lately down here in Sydney. But once it hit 1pm the sun was around the back if the house and there was enough shade.

The teg was pre neat, but the civic still takes my heart. The teg will most likrly get a b20 in it by the new owner when his bothered
Old 03-25-2016, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Soooo the civic tear down began today! Nice cool day with a few light showers around, but I kept at it. Planned to unbolt/unplug everything so the motor would be ready to remove, and then take it out on Sunday with a few mates just for the extra hands! But once it was already all unbolt, I wanted it out asap, good thing my mum was home. She was happy to help, so she just assisted in guiding the motor out of the car as I lifted it on the crane!

So it looks like on Sunday I'll start removing more from the engine bay, and also take the dash off to remove interior harness and all the AC/heater components from inside!

Last edited by afx31; 12-13-2017 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

AWESOME....subscribed.

First post.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VooDuuChild
AWESOME....subscribed.

First post.
Cheers man! Much more to come, spread the word if you want haha
Old 03-26-2016, 03:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great progress. Thanks for the pics. It's fun to watch projects like this.

What are your thoughts on the Ultra Racing shock tower bar? I've seen it for $145 on eBay. Does it make much of a difference to the handling or feel of the car?
Old 03-26-2016, 03:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MarksCivic
Great progress. Thanks for the pics. It's fun to watch projects like this.

What are your thoughts on the Ultra Racing shock tower bar? I've seen it for $145 on eBay. Does it make much of a difference to the handling or feel of the car?
Cheers man! You got a EF yourself in Australia?

Um it feels alright, just felt a bit stiffer all round. Coilovers would make the best difference

Quick Reply: THE LUNCHBOX!