THE LUNCHBOX! - Page 3 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

THE LUNCHBOX!

Old 10-22-2015, 10:44 PM   #51
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecivichatch View Post
I like your build so far!
Thanks man! Planning for a motor swap next year!
afx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #52
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE LUNCHBOX!

Love it! Keeping my eye on this thread fa sho!
05m0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #53
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05m0515 View Post
Love it! Keeping my eye on this thread fa sho!
Cheers man, as said above more things to come, including a motorswap!
Old 11-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #54
Honda-Tech Member

I know you from the instagram! big.time.gambler. I don't know why i chose such a terrible name here on hondatech haha. You're making some fine progress. seeing your civic makes me wish my civic was in better condition. The Australian weather sure preserves cars well.
DA9nEF9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:35 PM   #55
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA9nEF9 View Post
I know you from the instagram! big.time.gambler. I don't know why i chose such a terrible name here on hondatech haha. You're making some fine progress. seeing your civic makes me wish my civic was in better condition. The Australian weather sure preserves cars well.
Oh yeah haha meh can always change the name I guess. Cheers man, yeah guess the weather here isn't as harsh. Just keep her under cover, wash and buff/polish, she should stay mint!
Old 11-05-2015, 11:43 PM   #56
Honda-Tech Member

This spring I'm planning to cut my fenders, add some aero/body work, and give it a fresh spray. I also need to sort out a tune. What motor are you planning to swap in?

PS

Follow me back on instagram if I'm cool enough. if you don't, no offence taken.
bigtimegambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:31 AM   #57
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimegambler View Post
This spring I'm planning to cut my fenders, add some aero/body work, and give it a fresh spray. I also need to sort out a tune. What motor are you planning to swap in?

PS

Follow me back on instagram if I'm cool enough. if you don't, no offence taken.
Oooh keen to see these fenders i wanna do mine too! What aero you thinking of doing?

Plan was a D16Y4 (SOHC 1.6L) Turbo but now I'm thinking B18C7 or B18CR

My bad man I swear I followed you honestly, might if bounced back. I'll do it now again
Old 11-06-2015, 01:11 PM   #58
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx31 View Post
Oooh keen to see these fenders i wanna do mine too! What aero you thinking of doing?

Plan was a D16Y4 (SOHC 1.6L) Turbo but now I'm thinking B18C7 or B18CR

My bad man I swear I followed you honestly, might if bounced back. I'll do it now again
Planning on getting a lip, wing, retrofit ek side skirts, roll and pull fenders, and cut front fenders and add washers to make it wide bodied. Then i need wheels and tires!

I like na for track builds. Less cooling issues, more responsive, more reliable, and possibly more rev happy. This is why i swapped in an sir II b16a. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:29 PM   #59
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Planning on getting a lip, wing, retrofit ek side skirts, roll and pull fenders, and cut front fenders and add washers to make it wide bodied. Then i need wheels and tires!

I like na for track builds. Less cooling issues, more responsive, more reliable, and possibly more rev happy. This is why i swapped in an sir II b16a. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Sounds good man! I too want to cut rear part of the fenders and add washers too, let me know how many washers you put in!

Yeah i feel honda's should be na. Problem for me is its carby so i gotta go efi first, tryin to find the conversion, might source all parts from a CRX ae
Old 11-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #60
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE**

Still need to get a pic of the gauges on which I'll insert here later, but here's how the sand which plate looked with the sensors wired up to it (ensured I used enough telfon tape on the thread so it wouldn't leak, should problem check now see if it has leaked since I installed):

Also finally got around to getting some tyres on my track wheels! Went for Nitto NT830's as they are a new introduced tyre from Nitto, my supplier said they are very grippy and should go well on the Lunchbox:
Old 11-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #61
Honda-Tech Member

Few days after I got my tyres, I had my first trackday at Wakefield Park Raceway. It was a very fun day, had been looking forward to this day for a long time. Drove down with my two mates (Evo 8MR & Corolla AE102). The car handled so well with the full hardrace bsuhing kit installed and the Nitto's too. My PB for the day was a 1.23.00, think I started at a 1.26.00 but as always, each time you learn more about the track and that PB gets lower and lower.

Hoping to go back soon to try defeat that time, I know I can, so time will show!!

Here's a link to my youtube video of 1 lap around the track, was at the start of the day so wasn't my quickest, but still something to watch! Drop a like haha Ty all!

Old 11-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #62
Honda-Tech Member

The track video is awesome! I was also impressed with your motor, I was expecting the carb motor to rev slower haha. Nice driving. Are you heel toe downshifting?
Old 11-12-2015, 05:19 PM   #63
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
The track video is awesome! I was also impressed with your motor, I was expecting the carb motor to rev slower haha. Nice driving. Are you heel toe downshifting?
Haha thanks man, it actually goes not too bad for what it is, probably thanks to the light chassis. Not hell toe downshifting, I've actually never really tried, my mate drove my car and said I'll have to change the position on the pedals to do so though
Old 11-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #64
Honda-Tech Member

Learn how to, you won't regret it! just start practicing. By heel toe downshifting the car remains stable braking for a corner, and you'll be able to shorten your braking distances with engine braking which equals faster lap times . Not to mention you'll be saving your clutch!!

Ive been heel toeing for two years now. Once you master it you'll wonder why you didn't start doing it sooner.

Its funny your mate told you your pedals need adjusting. They should be the same as mine.. post a picture?
Old 11-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #65
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Learn how to, you won't regret it! just start practicing. By heel toe downshifting the car remains stable braking for a corner, and you'll be able to shorten your braking distances with engine braking which equals faster lap times . Not to mention you'll be saving your clutch!!

Ive been heel toeing for two years now. Once you master it you'll wonder why you didn't start doing it sooner.

Its funny your mate told you your pedals need adjusting. They should be the same as mine.. post a picture?
Yeah I'll probs give it a try later, car is at the mechanics getting 2 new tyres on the front and a wheel alignment.

He might be right, might be wrong. Has same civic and said they positioned different
Old 11-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #66
Honda-Tech Member

So a lil update, I finally got around to taking some pictures of my Defi gauge setup for oil temp + pressure and water temp!

OFF:

ON:

Also today my Ultra Racing Front and Rear Strut braces turned up, the rear is a lot thicker than expected. Keen to see how they feel now in the car! For the rear I did need to cut out some tabs in the plastic to actually fit the bar, took 2 mintues with a angle grinder, only tool I had to use lol..

Also went to the drags the other day to see how slow I could go! Best was a 17.2, meh can't expect anything much, its a dual carby motor thats 25 years old lol.. will post up some footage soon!

Old 11-20-2015, 12:32 AM   #67
Honda-Tech Member

You've done everything BUT engine swap. You already have gauges installed! The strut bars look good. You'll be happy once you get an extra 100 horsepower haha. That quarter mile time is forever long.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:04 AM   #68
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
You've done everything BUT engine swap. You already have gauges installed! The strut bars look good. You'll be happy once you get an extra 100 horsepower haha. That quarter mile time is forever long.
Yeah man not to worry, I have already started piecing together my EFI conversion, also sourced a B18B for VERY cheap, I'll throw that in with the EFI conversion to test it all, and save for a B18C7, rebuild and then swap that in + Hondata S300 V3.

It is coming brother...

(Also, how did you get Instagram link under your profile bit?)
Old 11-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #69
Honda-Tech Member

Or you could put a vtec head on that b18b block!! Hondata could be cool. Have you ever considered socketing an ecu and tuning a chip on crome? its a lot more cost effective and still offers data logging, along with full customizability. Just go to your profile and add your instagram information
Old 11-20-2015, 09:17 PM   #70
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Or you could put a vtec head on that b18b block!! Hondata could be cool. Have you ever considered socketing an ecu and tuning a chip on crome? its a lot more cost effective and still offers data logging, along with full customizability. Just go to your profile and add your instagram information
Yeah considering that too, but kinda wanted a stock motor. Shall see what comes though ae!

Nope never heard of this, have any links or what not for me man?
Old 11-20-2015, 09:37 PM   #71
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, here is one that shows you how to. All you need is the socketing kit that costs around $20 USD. Then you'll want to buy a base map chip and install that. Then you need a suitable laptop, crome pro ($150), and all the connections necessary i.e moates ostrich, and possibly a rom burner. How to chip / socket an OBD1 US Civic / Integra ECU|HA Motorsports
Old 11-20-2015, 09:44 PM   #72
Steve at Heart

Good pics of the strut bar. Looks like fun on track too.
Bently_Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:32 PM   #73
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Yeah, here is one that shows you how to. All you need is the socketing kit that costs around $20 USD. Then you'll want to buy a base map chip and install that. Then you need a suitable laptop, crome pro ($150), and all the connections necessary i.e moates ostrich, and possibly a rom burner. How to chip / socket an OBD1 US Civic / Integra ECU|HA Motorsports
Alright hectic cheers man I'll look into it now!

Hopefully getting my EFI CRX tank next weekend!
Old 11-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #74
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop View Post
Good pics of the strut bar. Looks like fun on track too.
Cheers man! Defs is fun! Theres a video further up if you havn't watched it yet, of one of my recent track days
Old 01-08-2016, 12:16 AM   #75
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys its been a while since my last update, the lunchbox has been going well! New year means its time for a new heart transplant! Yep you heard me! Going for the ITR motor (B18C7), been piecing together my EFI convertion parts, so far I have:
-CRX EFI tank (one I got is rusted so I need to source another )
-loom
-Integra DA9 rear T bracket
-Walbro 255 pump
-Innovative B series mounts 60A (wanted 70A but these came up cheap and near brand new)
-Innovative cable to hydro actuator (anyone used these before?)

Last edited by afx31; 11-21-2016 at 02:25 AM.