Notices

Loud screeching noise coming from wheel area..

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud screeching noise coming from wheel area..

Okay so since my Z6 has been in, I have had a little screeching noise, but I didnt think nothing of it, just thought it was part of my loud suspension that I have. lol But today I was driving hard on the car, and i smelled the brakes burning. So i took the car back and parked it. Didnt **** with it, just went back to class, then came out, went home and on the whole way home the brakes were real mushy. So I was like this isnt safe on the hgihway and got off on this other street, and i was going down it and just slammed the brakes to see if something was really wrong, and a brake pad flew off, which sucks, cause I havnt even messed with these brakes, hehe. So the whole way home I ebraked home so i didnt mess anything up.

So I was hoping that this would fix the problem of the screeching I have, replacing both sides brake bads. The car screeches loud as its coming to a stop all the time still, but now it does it even worse, when I slow down and hit the brakes it does it. And if I turn the wheel to the passenger side, its very loud. I am thinking I have a warped rotor maybe? I dont know though. Can a ball joint cause screeching? I am more on the rotor though, but I am just wondering what all can cause it to screech. I am gonna play with it tomororow.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Loud screeching noise coming from wheel area.. (CimorelliCRX)

ttt
Old 08-09-2002, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Loud screeching noise coming from wheel area.. (CimorelliCRX)

u know what i hear that same screeching sound with my car after ur *** stepped on the brakes the whole way towing it back to my house...man u got some shitty *** luck with the brakes...i thought it was my breaks to but they were freakin new...i think when u were on the brakes all the way back it did warp the rotors cause they got to hot...i just kept driving it cause i didnt see anything wrong but i dont hardly hear it anymore cause i think it just shaved all off or something...well hit us up tomorrow if you guys are going to NHRA Nationals...we might hit that up but i dunno i wanna take my car in to fix the downpipe...if that gets fixed and we find out whats wrong then i might run it but most likely we are going the sat nite races so just hit us up!!!
Old 08-10-2002, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Loud screeching noise coming from wheel area.. (curiousgpnoy)

if it stops raining here soon, i am gonna go to the races tonight, street, if not then i am being cool today. I got video from yesterday, it was pretty sweet out there. Anyway, im gonna go **** around, later.