Notices

Leaking axle seals Zc swap

Old 09-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking axle seals Zc swap

About two years ago I did a DOHc swap, everything was fine but I was slowly losing oil through my axle seals. I also rebuilt the transmission A little while ago fifth-year HF hybrid tranny all has been working well after the sychrotech rebuild, but now my brand-new axle seals are leaking again. I also changed them twice they are still leaking, BAD, again! I even tried a lil grease on the inside lip of the seal, where it meets the axle seal surface on the second set of seals, I'm using brand-new Acura Integra b18b axles (well 1000mi on them). What is going on????

P.s. It is only leaking on the passenger side.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Leaking axle seals Zc swap

Originally Posted by Nottjbarlow
About two years ago I did a DOHc swap, everything was fine but I was slowly losing oil through my axle seals. I also rebuilt the transmission A little while ago fifth-year HF hybrid tranny all has been working well after the sychrotech rebuild, but now my brand-new axle seals are leaking again. I also changed them twice they are still leaking, BAD, again! I even tried a lil grease on the inside lip of the seal, where it meets the axle seal surface on the second set of seals, I'm using brand-new Acura Integra b18b axles (well 1000mi on them). What is going on????

P.s. It is only leaking on the passenger side.
Is it all the way seated and are you sure it's coming from the trans? It sounds like you are saying that the axle and trans aren't making a good seal and there is fluid leaking. Right? Sure it's not leaking from above? Maybe you have a torn boot and it's just grease.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i can watch oil come right out of the axle where it meets the trans... not grease no boot issues, like i said the axles are brand new). the only thing i can think of is that maybe i am using the wrong seals??????/ either that or they are just made-in-china crap! does anyone know what the specified ones are supposed to be.

please help i've probably leaked 10 gals of oil onto the streets of south Fla over the past 3 weeks and im pretty sick of squeezing oil into the trans, also my wallet hates me
Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your seal may not be seated right and sitting in crooked. The other thing to check is to make sure you don't knock off the small metal ring that sits on the inside of the lip. I did that once before but noticed it on the ground right before I hammered it in to the tranny.