Just happy to be alive...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Theive Story

Tonight has been the scariest ******* night of my life...
Started with me sneaking out of home to hang with a friend. I didn't wanna push my luck sneaking back in so I brought a blanket and pillow and decided Id sleep in my car (91 crx). I pulled into a small road connecting two parallel courts, reclined the passanger seat, and went to bed. I was thinking since the windows would fog in the cold, no one would report me.
This is at approx 2am

4:30am...
I awoke to the sounds of scratching along both doors (near the door latch) and saw two men standing by my car. As I started to quickly shake any groggyness I had, I realised they were trying to break in. Now I'm 16...seeing two 25+ guys, possibly armed, trying to break into my car scared the **** out of me. I was thinking, "Holy ****, they're going to break in and Im either going to get stabbed or shot."
Fight or Flight kicked in and in about 3 seconds; I grabbed my keys from the back, jumped over the e-brake into the driver seat, started the car and peeled the **** out of their. When I jumped seats one of the guys alerted the other of my presence and I heard them run. Who knew that practicing launches in a b2 would pay off

I really hope I don't get marked for being OT, but please everyone, go through any safety precautions you can with yourself and your crxs. If anyone could please post any links to threads regarding security ( Im gunna search on kill switches and alarms etc ) I would appreciate so much.

Modified by 91BlueCRX at 6:47 AM 4/1/2005
Old 04-01-2005, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just happy to be alive... (91BlueCRX)

Thank god man you and you car "survived".

I think they were scared more than you. Its bitch that alarms are so expensive, and you have to keep her "unguarded". One thing is to press the horn and get every's attention.

I'll think hondas are so easy to steal. Good that you slept in your car, otherwise your darling could be long gone.

You should get 12gauge for things like that.

One thing i must say. Thiefs SUCK!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, im a little more calmed down now. And man do i sound like a bitch in my post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Twilight &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank god man you and you car "survived".

</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is why im glad I decided to keep it looking stock, less chance of **** like this happening. I dont know how easily I can get my hands on a 12 gauge being a minor and all haha.

******* theives. Im gunna laugh about this today...
Old 04-01-2005, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man what I would do to have the chance to startle the snought out of two unsuspecting crooks... Thats was cool you started it and booked. They probably thought twice about it...To bad you aren't a cop...They would have been <FONT COLOR="brown">TOAST</FONT>

Glad to hear you weren't harmed or anything.

was it in a bad neighbprhood?
Old 04-01-2005, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just happy to be alive... (GreenBean)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GreenBean &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
was it in a bad neighbprhood?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I live in a rather nice area of my city and I parked in an area that gets decent traffic flow from the residentials.

And yeah, they did book it once I got up and into action hah
Old 04-01-2005, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Just happy to be alive... (GreenBean)

I wish I was sleeping in my car and someone tried steaing it. Probably not when I was 16 but that would be damn fun to kick the **** out of em after they were going to try to steal your car.

Could you imagine them having to tell that story to their friends. "We were about to pop the lock then all off a sudden the door opened. Next thing I knew I was in the ICU"
Old 04-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just happy to be alive... (EFz6er)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFz6er &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wish I was sleeping in my car and someone tried steaing it. Probably not when I was 16 but that would be damn fun to kick the **** out of em after they were going to try to steal your car.

Could you imagine them having to tell that story to their friends. "We were about to pop the lock then all off a sudden the door opened. Next thing I knew I was in the ICU" </TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha. Im pretty big for 16 (6'1'' and 175lbs). Dont know about taking on two of them But when im 18+ I bet I'd be down for some *** kicken.
*Note to self, make comparment for butterfly knife in driver door panel
Old 04-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd of hit them with the car. "It wasn't assault, it was self-defense, he had a gun, I swear!" Teach you to sneak out , but good move on running rather than stick around and get shot/stabbed/beat up/ possible sodomized lol. - Darrell
Old 04-01-2005, 07:29 AM
MEAT PATTY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (DOHCZCCRXSi)

I like DOHCZCCRXSi idea I would tried to run them down like cattle. By the way how the hell didn't they see you in your crx. Is it tinted out or something, sounds like some bigger theives. Thats good for you sake, but not who they will strike next.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Re: (DOHCZCCRXSi)

haha damn...
dun know what i woulda done in that situation. Pretty scary **** to wake up to eh.
Glad you made it out ok, and GL gettin a good kill switch on ur baby.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:29 AM
something different

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice
Old 04-01-2005, 09:02 AM
B A N N E D

damn. close one.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just happy to be alive... (EFz6er)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFz6er &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> "We were about to pop the lock then all off a sudden the door opened. Next thing I knew I was in the ICU" </TD></TR></TABLE>

<FONT SIZE="3">LMAO....</FONT>
Old 04-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (goforbroke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goforbroke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> By the way how the hell didn't they see you in your crx. .</TD></TR></TABLE>

Windows were pretty fogged up cause it was cold outside.

Getting a KS and alarm soon, and a knife
Old 04-01-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: (91BlueCRX)

good to hear you are ok. i dont know if you saw this but it is a very good write up.

http://www.civicland.com/diy/m...shtml
Old 04-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackRexDx)

same thing happened to my dad while driving across country.sleepin in his car and 2 guys tried to break in. started that bitch up and took off. glad to hear ur ok.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91siredrex)

damn man that **** is crazy.. im 16 too i probably wouldnt have woken up tho(heavy sleeper) anyways whenever i go out in my hatch i keep the butterfly knife next to my driverside seat just in case. And i dont live in a very dangerous area either
Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Glad your ok, I would have tried to run them down but I'm sure with the windows fogged up how did you not hit something?
Old 04-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Theive Story (91BlueCRX)

Did they damage something?