Notices

Just another "help me, my car wont start" thread. All comments are appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just another "help me, my car wont start" thread. All comments are appreciated. Thanks

So. I just bought a 89 civic wagon. The thing is rusted to hell with 189,000 miles on it lookin' ghetto as hell; I F#$% love it. I got it for $200. The woman that sold it to me told me it needed a new clutch. I drove it and immediately knew it was just a loose clutch cable, but i didn't tell her that, thus me getting a very cheap car.

The problem: The car only starts sometimes. When it does run, itl keep running. When i stop it after ten minuits, it will NOT start. It I run it for 40 mins, it starts up fine. When it doesn't start, a little gas or starter fluid in the throttle body does the trick. What could it be? I have plenty of spark, good compression, and timing is on. Now, i am pretty sure it is the fuel. I own a 95 civic so Im not too experienced with this fuel injection system. I dont know where the fuel rail is and the fuel pump isn't in the gas tank. Lookin' for someone that knows these cars well.

thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just another "help me, my car wont start" thread. All comments are appreciated. Thanks (Jwbetl

Main relay

everything is more or less like your 95
the main relay is located in the drivers side left kick panel by the hood latch cable. you should hear it click everytime you turn the key to RUN. if you dont its bad. when the car wont start keep cranking till it throws a code. then pull up on the passenger side carpet and youll see a little window. itll be blinking. count the blinks. if its blinks 16 times then im right. cuz thats a fuel system code.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just another "help me, my car wont start" thread. All comments are appreciated. Thanks (Jwbetl

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicLX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Main relay

everything is more or less like your 95
the main relay is located in the drivers side left kick panel by the hood latch cable. you should hear it click everytime you turn the key to RUN. if you dont its bad. when the car wont start keep cranking till it throws a code. then pull up on the passenger side carpet and youll see a little window. itll be blinking. count the blinks. if its blinks 16 times then im right. cuz thats a fuel system code.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You know your ****... 16 blinks. Im off to buy a new relay and try my luck. Ill let you know how it works. Thanks so far.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:40 AM

you can also resolder the old one. my friend did it and has been running it like that for two years.