Notices

jsinher3 work in progress thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: jsinher3 work in progress thread

You say your brake light is staying on all the time. If you check the switch at the E-brake and it all seems ok then its likely your ICU is at fault. I had this issue and was completely stumped untill i studied the wiring schematic and noticed the brake light wiring runs through the ICU.

If you need another one to test with go to the junkyard, make sure you get one with the same number as yours had, it will be a 1 or a 2. one has intermittent wipers and one doesn't (i forget which).
Old 03-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CrxB16a2
Any updates?!
yes, soo i im selling the swap AGAIN! lol i decided im with a h23a and going h2b
Old 03-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 400hpcrx
looks good so far
thanks

Originally Posted by grog
You say your brake light is staying on all the time. If you check the switch at the E-brake and it all seems ok then its likely your ICU is at fault. I had this issue and was completely stumped untill i studied the wiring schematic and noticed the brake light wiring runs through the ICU.

If you need another one to test with go to the junkyard, make sure you get one with the same number as yours had, it will be a 1 or a 2. one has intermittent wipers and one doesn't (i forget which).
jea i fixed the problem there was something stuck on the sensor but its working now
Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

update

installed prelude steering wheel a lil while ago forgot to add the picture here:

NEW BUILD

after selling the 2nd motor i brought for my swap, i decided to go H2B and brough a JDM H23A from tigerjapan. It’s my late xmas and birthday gifts! Haha

when it arrived:

On the stand

Old 03-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

some goodies that came in, and still more to come:

Blox magnetic drain plugs

ClutchMasters Fx300

PLM adjustable testpipe

PIC RTA bushings

EnergySuspension shifter bushing

MOOG ball joints

Russel SS brake lines

Honda OEM h23 manual tensioner parts

Ktuned pro traction bar

Last edited by jsinher3; 03-15-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice, that should be a fun motor.

I dont know if you've noticed this yet but the Prelude wheel sits about 3/4 of and inch closer to the wiper and turn signals. Its so close that its easy to hit them accidentally when turning the wheel.

I have the same Prelude wheel (never found out the year) and I modified it to make it sit where the stock wheel used to.
I did this by cutting off the back (spline/hole) and welding in an extention, with the use of a jig to keep everything centered. Also to cover the extention I used an old sparco hub's rubber cover, cut down to length.

Oh yeah and the horn plate needs to be added to the back of the prelude wheel in order to get the horn hooked up unless you use the LX or prelude freewheel hub.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grog
Nice, that should be a fun motor.

I dont know if you've noticed this yet but the Prelude wheel sits about 3/4 of and inch closer to the wiper and turn signals. Its so close that its easy to hit them accidentally when turning the wheel.

I have the same Prelude wheel (never found out the year) and I modified it to make it sit where the stock wheel used to.
I did this by cutting off the back (spline/hole) and welding in an extention, with the use of a jig to keep everything centered. Also to cover the extention I used an old sparco hub's rubber cover, cut down to length.

Oh yeah and the horn plate needs to be added to the back of the prelude wheel in order to get the horn hooked up unless you use the LX or prelude freewheel hub.

jea, it will.

its a 91 and prelude steering wheel.

i wished i had the tools and skill to do that, i noticed it sat pretty close when i installed it and was thinking of using some washers as spacers but i never got around to it and got use to it, it doesnt bother me as much anymore. plus i think later on down the line im going get rid of it and get a nardi deep corn or JDM ITR steering wheel with detachable hub.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

had some time today and decided to remove the junk harness of the motor man clean it up a bit... also installed my new ball joints on to the ex spindles

just waiting on a few more things coming in by the end of this week to finish up my 11.1" OEM ITR BBK

Old 03-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

got my Kaizenspeed balance shaft delete kit in the mail today here are some pics.

now im just researching the best way to install this product. the reason being i am not planning on rebuilding the motor anytime soon so im not looking to tear it all apart. my main concern is when doing this how would i get the shavings out and would i need to replace bearings and if so which ones? anybody ever done it or can point me out to someone who has? trying to start putting in work on the motor
Old 03-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What type of Cluster is that again? i like it. might grab one. im tired of the 91 dx cluster!!! lol
Old 03-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that brake setup is awesome! if you need rotors redrilled or caliper bracket milled hit up brakeexpert here on HT! thats who i got my redrilled rotors from.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Berto914
What type of Cluster is that again? i like it. might grab one. im tired of the 91 dx cluster!!! lol
that is an 98 integra ls cluster, i think i might get rid of it and get a prelude custer next im tired of this one
Old 03-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dylaxiin
that brake setup is awesome! if you need rotors redrilled or caliper bracket milled hit up brakeexpert here on HT! thats who i got my redrilled rotors from.
jea i spoke to him awhile ago, and i actually used the information he posted on a thread here to source out the parts i needed. but as far as rotors and brackets, i dont need them done i am using mini cooper rotors that are the same size and pattern and it clears the the caliper bracket with no problem at all but im going to source out 23t ones later down the road..
Old 03-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jsinher3
that is an 98 integra ls cluster, i think i might get rid of it and get a prelude custer next im tired of this one
@jsinher3 i know this is off subject but if Your selling the LS Cluster, PM me and ill be glad to take it off your hands!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Berto914
@jsinher3 i know this is off subject but if Your selling the LS Cluster, PM me and ill be glad to take it off your hands!
pm'd you
Old 03-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

some more goodies came in the other day
QSD kit

ITR calipers

Gates water pump and timing belt

rear disk Ebrake cable

also got a spare h22 valve cover i decided im going to try and replicate the h23a wrinkle blue on..started the work last night will continue it today

Old 03-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

some more progress on the valve cover.. letting the paint cure then painting it over with the blue paint

also picked up a few things

Old 03-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i love the progress, however i've got a question
what was the main reason you chose a h2b over a straight b16/18 swap?

i know that this question might sound stupid to some but i'm planning on a swap in the near future and i have done research but i'm trying to learn as much as i can so that i can be able to consider all my options.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by facciol93
i love the progress, however i've got a question
what was the main reason you chose a h2b over a straight b16/18 swap?

i know that this question might sound stupid to some but i'm planning on a swap in the near future and i have done research but i'm trying to learn as much as i can so that i can be able to consider all my options.
because theres no replacement for displacement lol. its the biggest motor you can put into this car that runs the same platform. plus cost wise the amount of money a jdm vtec b series motor is alot more than an h. with the money i saved from switching from b to h i was able to buy a **** load of goodies for the car and swap. lol
Old 03-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jsinher3
because theres no replacement for displacement lol. its the biggest motor you can put into this car that runs the same platform. plus cost wise the amount of money a jdm vtec b series motor is alot more than an h. with the money i saved from switching from b to h i was able to buy a **** load of goodies for the car and swap. lol
thanks for the info man and good luck with your build!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by facciol93
thanks for the info man and good luck with your build!
thanks im aiming to have it done by april and go down to honda day with it.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

picked up another prelude cluster guage cover and needles going to attempt and replicate a JDM cluster.. also started cleaning up the transmission. pics later
Old 03-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the mini cooper rotors are actually thinner then the prelude rotor, what i heard is that it wears the pad wrong. just repeating what ive heard from a friend who runs the same setup.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dylaxiin
the mini cooper rotors are actually thinner then the prelude rotor, what i heard is that it wears the pad wrong. just repeating what ive heard from a friend who runs the same setup.
really? I'm going to have to check that out then, i was looking at the specs on the mini rotors and the prelude and the were pretty much identical +/- a few digits..
Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

update on valve cover
for my first time i guess i didnt do that bad.. also i think i matched the color good, any opinion?

im also working on making a jdm si prelude cluster replica... planning to take some pictures of that soon... tmrw i will start changing the RTA busings and possibly start the BS delete..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: jsinher3 work in progress thread