Notices

JRSC B18B1 in 91 Civic Si, Problems....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC B18B1 in 91 Civic Si, Problems....

well this is like the 3rd hatch 88-91 that i have done an obd0 to obd1 conversion on using the newer style ls engines and a B20 engine, all the cars ran fine with no check engine lights. well i got a 91 civic si, perfect condition, well i bought a new jrsc, all new mandrel bent 3inch exhaust, all new plugs wires, everything you can think of on the outside of the engine i got, and a walbro 255 fuel pump...well mid throttle it would actually load up and about go dead then pull for a second and fall on its face. well i checked all the fuel filters all clean changed injectors out of my other integra and still ran the same, its runnin on the Jrsc fmu, and the JRsc map controller, well anyways its not fast at all, its really a joke, the b20 hatch i did would smoke this car, but tonight it was idleing at my shop while i adjusted the fuel pressure( i put a new regulator on) and the car just died, well started checkin theres no power to the ecu, or fuel pump wouldn't turn on, well i changed the main relay, checked all the fuses and all the grounds, and nothing still not priming or any response from the ecu? well im thinking now this has been the problem the whole time, but i changed the main relay and all the grounds and fuses are good, anything im missing or that it could be, the check engine light just stays on, can't even pull a code b/c theres no power, well it was runnning and just shut off. please anyone got any suggestions? oh yea tonight while i was driving kept throwin a code 12 for egr, its never done that before and i have 2 pr4 ecus and this is the first night its done that? but yea i tried both ecus and no luck.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC B18B1 in 91 Civic Si, Problems.... (TyConway20)

I had a similar problem with my EG. Turned out there was a break in the ecu ground wire. It might be something to look into.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:51 PM

Default Re: JRSC B18B1 in 91 Civic Si, Problems.... (Redline130)

alright ill check that here in a a min. thanks