Notices

Innovative Motor Mounts (thoughts and opinions)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Innovative Motor Mounts (thoughts and opinions)

Howdy Folks,
I did a bit a of searching, but didn't see a clear thread on this, so I started a new one.

Looking for some feedback and thoughts on innovative motor mounts. I've seen some comments that their mounts don't require any hood mods and allow you to properly locate a B-Series motor in the EF chassis. The company is a little younger than Hasport from what I can tell, so I didn't know if they had taken a different approach from Hasport etc.

Steel B-Series kit for an EF:
https://www.innovativemounts.com/Pro...ductCode=19150

Has anyone had any direct experience with the mounts? Would you go billet over steel?

Cheers,
Graham
Old 11-24-2015, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Innovative Motor Mounts (thoughts and opinions)

https://honda-tech.com/all-motor-nat...sport-2630023/

https://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-d...ounts-2958461/

I have used Hasport Billet EF B Cable, Innovative Billet EF B Cable, and also the Innovative Steel EF B cable. I have never had any hood clearance issues with any of the 3. I currently have 2 sets of Hasport B Cable on 2 of my cars (both obd0 b16), and 1 set of Inno Steel EF B cable on another (b18a1) and there are no issues. All 3 have the street durometer and feel good, no excessive vibrations at all. Just a little more solid.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 89 Civic STD with '99 JDM B20B on Hasport billet mounts. No hood issues and I have nice ground clearance.

My friend's 91 CRX Si with JDM OBD0 B16A Innovative billet mounts barely scratched the valve cover.

Both mounts were ~2011-2012 models if that makes any difference.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:36 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never heard bad things about Innovative mounts, but I pretty much will only use Hasport now. I have never had a problem with ANY Hasport mount, however I have blown HCP steel mounts to pieces (did warranty on them), and had Yonaka mounts fail to sit the engine in a way that it would even be operable. I just trust Hasport the most and feel they are worth the money.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm using the hydraulic mounts with a B18C1. I had to trim some of the hood webbing for clearance. Not something I wanted to do but it was necessary.

Using adjustable rubber bump stops help though. You can swap out the bump stops on the hatch with the ones on the hood. It gives about a 1/3 inch of adjustability.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I Did a swap close to 10 years ago. Its been about....

I opted for the INNOVATIVE STEEL mounts for a few reasons. They matched my car/setup. They were cheaper.

I recently bought more innovative stuff for my car as well, Including the Innovative RACE traction bar, A innovative Radiator mount, and the innovative lower rad mounts to use the smaller half rad. I picked up the Fluidyne rad for $100, and pay retail for the traction bar. My brother gave me a authentic JDM Type R header to use on my car. To " Do what I wanted" which was use the TYPE R header I had to source a traction bar and half radiator.

Never had any issues with clearance or what not.
Attached Images      
Old 11-26-2015, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: Innovative Motor Mounts (thoughts and opinions)

Originally Posted by jonGSR
https://honda-tech.com/all-motor-nat...sport-2630023/

https://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-d...ounts-2958461/

I have used Hasport Billet EF B Cable, Innovative Billet EF B Cable, and also the Innovative Steel EF B cable. I have never had any hood clearance issues with any of the 3. I currently have 2 sets of Hasport B Cable on 2 of my cars (both obd0 b16), and 1 set of Inno Steel EF B cable on another (b18a1) and there are no issues. All 3 have the street durometer and feel good, no excessive vibrations at all. Just a little more solid.
jonGSR, Thanks for the links (I'll google harder next time..) and (more importantly) the insights on your experience between the two brands.