Notices

Innovative Front Mount + HASport Mounts + B-Series = ??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Innovative Front Mount + HASport Mounts + B-Series = ??????

Simply stated, does the Innovative Front Crossmember with front B-Series mount work with HASport B-Series mounts....

I am looking for someone whos tried this, because it will play a part in my decision to use these mounts or not.

TIA!

Old 06-19-2007, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Innovative Front Mount + HASport Mounts + B-Series = ?????? (doublethink)

Double;

I don't know the specific answer but feel qualified to throw in a couple comments.

You will have two issues with mix and matching two different mount kits in regards to that front mount.

One is the side to side mounting of the engine/transmission. I'd bet that most mount kits put the engine in pretty much the same side to side location. There really isn't a lot of play there. If they are the same, then the cross-member mount should line up in this direction.

That leads to the next issue;

The other issue is that mount kits place the engine in different fore and aft locations and also tilt the engine differently. As a result, even though the front mount (mounted on the transmission) fits within the flanges on the cross-member, I'd bet against the holes lining up. This isn't really a bad thing if you can just relocate the holes in the metal flange, to where they need to go.

If the relocated holes are too close to the edge, weld in a washer to spread the load.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: Innovative Front Mount + HASport Mounts + B-Series = ?????? (doublethink)

I also don't know the exact answer but have some info.

I sell Innovative, and recently had a good friend/customer completely rip his drivers side mount (600+whp H22/96 coupe) running an ENJO tranny mount. I asked Innovative had they ever mixed the ENJO w/ theirs and they didn't know but I tried it anyway and it fit perfectly. (I then let them know everything was )

I would like to think that the barw/front mount would work fine, but call them and see if they have had that scenario.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Innovative Front Mount + HASport Mounts + B-Series = ?????? (Autoworks)

Also there is a little bit of adjustment on that front mount.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wes V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I don't know the specific answer but feel qualified to throw in a couple comments.

You will have two issues with mix and matching two different mount kits in regards to that front mount.

One is the side to side mounting of the engine/transmission. I'd bet that most mount kits put the engine in pretty much the same side to side location. There really isn't a lot of play there. If they are the same, then the cross-member mount should line up in this direction.

That leads to the next issue;

The other issue is that mount kits place the engine in different fore and aft locations and also tilt the engine differently. As a result, even though the front mount (mounted on the transmission) fits within the flanges on the cross-member, I'd bet against the holes lining up. This isn't really a bad thing if you can just relocate the holes in the metal flange, to where they need to go.

If the relocated holes are too close to the edge, weld in a washer to spread the load.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks Wes! I may just stop being a cheapskate and use their mounts as well.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Autoworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I would like to think that the barw/front mount would work fine, but call them and see if they have had that scenario.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I may be giving this a try.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG_H2B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also there is a little bit of adjustment on that front mount.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are correct, there is a nice bit of adjustment on this, I hadn't even noticed.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone have a picture of the innovative front mount before or after its been installed?