Notices

i ran my crx on low oil...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i ran my crx on low oil...

last night i was drving and my oil light came on. i didnt think it was anything because it comes on all the time. then i was at about 5000 rpm id say, and my engine stalled out. my power brakes didnt work i pulled my ebrake in the rain going about 50.... well anyways i made it my car didnt crash, but i started my engine and there was a very loud ticking noise. i popped my hood, it was about midnight and i couldnt even see to check my oil. so i didnt and i drove home and as my rpm's climbed, the noise got louder. it kinda sounds like its coming from the block, but im not really sure. maybe it the head who knows. but its a loud pangy type noise. i checked the oil this morning after just in case putting in a quart last nite, and its on empty! i just got an oil change last week! i mean like no oil is even on the dipstick. so what do u guys think happened? how difficult is it to fix if i spun a rod bearing? can anyone help me here? thanks!
Old 09-28-2003, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: i ran my crx on low oil... (firstgenrex)

IMO someone just replaced ur oil and was a Foktard.,,,
anyways..... i can bet 10 bucks more than likely u spun a main bearing.....
they are not too hard to change.... but that more likelly means u foked the crank, and the crank bridge.,... need a whole new block basically....
time to get a SOHC VTEC for cheap.... as a replacement
Old 09-28-2003, 07:37 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">last night i was drving and my oil light came on. i didnt think it was anything because it comes on all the time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you retarded by any chance?
Old 09-28-2003, 08:45 AM

could u shut the **** up and quit being a ****** by any chance.. yeah my oil light comes on all the time so does my check engine ligth, my battery light and other stuff. how about u dont waste ur time replying if u dont have anything helpful for me. thanks ****** can anyone else help me? could it possibl;y have only damaged the head? maybe the cam journals?
Old 09-28-2003, 09:02 AM
xmd

dude, i buy civics crom chiks all the time that run their **** with no oil.. youre gona have fuked bearings and the cam is prolly scared too. honestly that engine is trash. the cost of new rings/berrings/cam.. etc.. go get you a vtec swap. else call someone to haul the car off. so sad to see another crx die this way.

-x m d
Old 09-28-2003, 09:25 AM

Default Re: (91civicDXdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicDXdude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

are you retarded by any chance?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he isn't but I bet you are
Old 09-28-2003, 09:26 AM

dumbasses. if the oil light comes on, there is a problem. if the check engine light comes on, there is a problem. I bet you idiots are the ones who say "OH THE ENGINE LIGHT IS SUPPOSED TO COME ON EVERY SO OFTEN SO YOU MAINTENANCE THE CAR".

morons.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91civicDXdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicDXdude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

are you retarded by any chance?</TD></TR></TABLE>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA that was the samne thing I was gonna ask

"but i started my engine and there was a very loud ticking noise. i popped my hood, it was about midnight and i couldnt even see to check my oil. so i didnt and i drove home and as my rpm's climbed, the noise got louder. it kinda sounds like its coming from the block"
Old 09-28-2003, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turboZChatch)

now you have a good excuse to do a swap. your engine is done.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:11 AM

Default Re: i ran my crx on low oil... (firstgenrex)

The same thing happened to my Integra.(Except my oil light never came on ) Time to get a new engine or a rebuild.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:49 AM

Default Re: (chadmasterc)

He doesn't deserve a decent swap if he can't even take care of the crappy motor that he has.
Old 09-28-2003, 03:05 PM
Skoobie no more...

Default Re: (ProfessorCRX)

:shakes head: can anyone say anything possitive? h-t at its best
Old 09-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (firstgenrex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by firstgenrex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">could u shut the **** up and quit being a ****** by any chance.. yeah my oil light comes on all the time so does my check engine ligth, my battery light and other stuff. </TD></TR></TABLE>

???? Dude....maybe you wouldnt get smacked if you explained why you drive the car with all those blinking lights???

I'm curious as to what year / trim CRX you have....cause a swap wont be simple on a 1st gen w/o FI.

The engine is more than likely toast. Try filling it up with oil and pray to god things come back to normal. Also check if your oil plug is loose / missing. Or look for a leak around your oil filter. If its leaking from anywhere neer those spots, you might be able to get some money from the place taht did your oil change. But you might loose due to gross negligence for driving with an oil light on.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:05 PM

i had them all checked out its a short thats why. and professor, i dotn know what drving but last time i heard a a d16a6 wasnt a bad engine.... what am i supposed to do walk 5 miles home in the rain?i dont know why everyone around here has to be a dick 24/7... and be smart asses when i need some help and didnt ask for ur stupid comments that dont help me at all. so what all do u guys think ois damaged? i have a d15 blocjk form a dx, if i put that in would that be just as good as an a6 block? is the mini me the same for a d15 block? b. ci have everything i need for the a6 mini me thats why it sucks if my car is really fucked.. thanks to all who had anyhting worht saying unlike some **** that flame people and that makes them cool or soemthing??
Old 09-28-2003, 05:08 PM

and btw i just sold my 86 crx dx with si conversion for 300 but now i have a first gen i havent changed to a new name yet
Old 09-28-2003, 05:12 PM

second gen* oops