Notices

I need suggestions! Problem solution for my OBD1 swap.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need suggestions! Problem solution for my OBD1 swap.

Ok so i have a 89 CRX Si with a JDM b16A >converted to B16B (internals). I ran it fine for a few months with no codes on my OBD0 setup unchipped PW0.

Bough xenocron jumper for obd0 to obd1, dizzy jumper, new td44 dizzy, wired my 4 wire O2 sensor, and connected all necessary sensors. My problme is this, the car was running in limp mode and super rich. So i checked my o2 sensor wiring and i was off two wires. So i switched them. Car is still running like super rich and fuel pressure is reading 42psi at idle. I did have a small fule line leaking (custom AN fittings withinline edelbrock filter). So i tightened it up and it changed nothing. I wasnt losing pressure i dont think, based on the gauge was still 42psi.

So my cel is stuck on. Permed out, wont even blink when i jump it. Just permaglowing. Im running a p28 socketed with JDM ITR basemap. Maybe my ECU was bad? Maybe the chip is bad? The chip was brand new! The ECU was used of course.

So my problems are
1. Why is my car acting like a sloppy drunk and guzzling gas.
2. Im getting a weird vibration from my fuel line, like a slight knocking noise when i start the car, and its definately the fuel line not the motor. I hear it in the cabin more than the bay. Could this have anything to do with a leak in the line? Line hitting firewall? My fuel line is pretty firm and rigid so maybe the motor vibration is makin the line vibrate?

Any help would be appreciated, im sure i will figure it out soon but i always like other peoples input.

Thanks, Chris-

Last edited by YOUR MOM; 09-07-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:43 PM
PM Garage

Default Re: I need suggestions! Problem solution for my OBD1 swap.

I would replace everything back to stock and then replace one thing at a time and do it right with quality parts. It looks like you got you hands full gl.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you read your codes and your check engine light stays solid? you need to swap in another ecu chipped or not it doesnt matter, to see if it makes the diff. or take the chip out and reset your ecu by ppulling the fuse. or neg battery cable. infact just try that first. and start it back up. you always need to reset you ecu when you add/or remove a chip my brotha.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civichb20
I would replace everything back to stock and then replace one thing at a time and do it right with quality parts. It looks like you got you hands full gl.
All my parts are brand new and quality. The only thing that is suspect is the ecu. So i will swap that out and see.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VTEC pressure switch-JDM motors dont have them and the OBD1 ECU looks for it. Just take the VTEC pressure signal wire (D6) using the ECU side of the wire tap it into the VTEC solenoid signal wire (A4) and run A4 to the VTEC solenoid.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dark_Teg
VTEC pressure switch-JDM motors dont have them and the OBD1 ECU looks for it. Just take the VTEC pressure signal wire (D6) using the ECU side of the wire tap it into the VTEC solenoid signal wire (A4) and run A4 to the VTEC solenoid.
Vtec pressure switch would not cause the CEL to stay lit. But i will check that.