Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/)
-   -   i had the coilovers only a day (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/i-had-coilovers-only-day-3161980/)

89ED 08-01-2013 11:25 PM

i had the coilovers only a day

*stock struts*i had them on only a day and was like fuhk this. i dont wana deal with this kind of ride everyday. my gf doesnt have big enough boobs for me to even consider making the sacrifice of having a car that sits low but will most likely give my passangers and i back problems. i went to an alignment place this mourning with the coilovers on and i didnt have enough money. a sign from god i think. so i put the oem springs back on and left the camber kits on. is there another setup i can use to lower my car with an oem feel aka ride. dont use 50$ coilovers i know now. im not looking for performance. just for my car to sit low and to have a smooth ride. the softer the better.

Discosteak 08-01-2013 11:42 PM

Re: i had the coilovers only a day

50 dollar coilovers? holy shit man. If your broke as fuck, stop modding your car. Its better than putting cheap garbage on it.

LudeEFv2.4 08-02-2013 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Discosteak (Post 49022306)
50 dollar coilovers? holy shit man. If your broke as fuck, stop modding your car. Its better than putting cheap garbage on it.

/ thread

Huntley2147 08-02-2013 01:22 AM

You might have a better time trying to cut your old springs evenly, rather then buying 50 dollar springs.

jdmjunkieXL 08-02-2013 04:06 AM

Maybe u shoulda spent the extra and got the $55 coilovers hahah lol

CW-ITR 08-02-2013 05:16 AM

[QUOTE=89ED;49022300..... im not looking for performance. just for my car to sit low and to have a smooth ride. the softer the better.[/QUOTE]

"sit low" and "smooth ride" don't go together in a light car such as the CRX. The best compomise you can do is to cut your stock springs and cut the bottom parts, not the upper part sport.

jdmjunkieXL 08-02-2013 06:17 AM

He said sport lmfao

doood 08-02-2013 06:42 AM

you should probably look into other modes of transportation if you cant afford decent suspension or an alignment

JuggerNaut-CTR 08-02-2013 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by doood (Post 49022748)
you should probably look into other modes of transportation if you cant afford decent suspension or an alignment

^This

Also dont know why people are even suggesting cutting oem springs....or any springs for that matter. Lame idea.

Op, save your money...which means, be patient. Do it right.

Tyson 08-02-2013 07:37 AM

thanks for the lol.

89ED 08-02-2013 09:36 AM

i got some big time ht members to drop some knowlede in my thread. im honored. its too bad you guys had you nose up high and your thumb in your as. when you decided to kick the little when he was down asking for a hand. i made a rookie mistake. buying cheap parts but maybe a bigger mistake seeking advice from other honda supporters. ill be going with some koni struts and progressive springs or soming with a low spring rate. thank for nothing ;)

Tyson 08-02-2013 10:00 AM

was there even a question??

i just read "boobs".

:beer:

hondapal 08-02-2013 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by 89ED (Post 49023285)
i got some big time ht members to drop some knowlede in my thread. im honored. its too bad you guys had you nose up high and your thumb in your as. when you decided to kick the little when he was down asking for a hand. i made a rookie mistake. buying cheap parts but maybe a bigger mistake seeking advice from other honda supporters. ill be going with some koni struts and progressive springs or soming with a low spring rate. thank for nothing ;)

Post up pictures once they're installed!

Discosteak 08-02-2013 10:35 AM

Just remember, I gave you solid advice.

4drEF 08-02-2013 12:28 PM

CLEARLY this is the fault of your girlfriend.
You better kick her to the curb ASAP!!!

Put your $50 suspension to good use and find a girlfriend with bigger boobs.

Little tinnie doorbell bobbies
( o ) ( o )
is NOT acceptable.

Get some real ta-tas and everything will be fine.

Problem solved.

doood 08-02-2013 12:42 PM

i seem to remember you were given sound, solid advice in previous threads. you still went and bought $50 junk. whose fault is that?

Discosteak 08-02-2013 01:37 PM

Ive given this guy solid advice in other threads regarding d-series engines. Come to find out he doesn't have enough money for an alignment :hammer: Looks like i was wasting my time.

jwarren1904 08-05-2013 12:03 AM

Ive given this guy solid advice in other threads regarding d-series engines. Come to find out he doesn't have enough money for an alignment Looks like i was wasting my time.
not everyone has $$ doooode!

Discosteak 08-05-2013 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by jwarren1904 (Post 49029280)

If you dont have 70 bucks for an alignment, you dont need to be asking about an engine swap

DCRB 08-05-2013 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tyson (Post 49023358)
was there even a question??

i just read "boobs".

:beer:

hahahaha truth!!

o/p try lowering springs. megan racing ones can be had for 150, good ride quality decent drop

doood 08-07-2013 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by jwarren1904 (Post 49029280)

how do you afford gas? insurance? food?

get that bullshit excuse out of here

BLU CIVIC 08-07-2013 12:35 PM

i had $50 coilovers from ebay when i started...probably was a lil more but same product.

point is, everyone has to begin learning at some point about buying cheap parts. better it be coilovers than that electric supercharger.

JDMaxxx 08-07-2013 02:01 PM

Oh man. this thread just made me LOL.

Caddiman 08-07-2013 02:06 PM

LOL!! AWESOME!!

HondaPartsHero 08-07-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC (Post 49037583)
i had $50 coilovers from ebay when i started...probably was a lil more but same product.

point is, everyone has to begin learning at some point about buying cheap parts. better it be coilovers than that electric supercharger.

I think the point is learning from others mistakes not repeating them. With a 5 second google search you can find the answer to almost anything these days, especially product reviews, so there's really no excuse.