Notices

--How to: alarm install-- REALLY THEFT PROOF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to thank Wes V. for something I never thought of.

I will be using the Viper siren. He pointed out that the factory horn runs off the factory battery. If the factory battery is unhooked, there will be no power for the horn to operate. I will still be using the factory horn, but, I will be using the provided Viper siren.

Thank you again Wes V., I really appreciate the input.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (VegaS10)

Old 09-28-2007, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VegaS10 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm not quite getting what you're saying. What module are you speaking of exactly?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The "brain". The actual alarm box.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spiceisler)

you forgot to add that viper alarms suck *****.. 1 mile range
Old 09-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (408wdy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 408wdy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you forgot to add that viper alarms suck *****.. 1 mile range </TD></TR></TABLE>

Find me an alarm with a lifetime warranty and a better range...
Old 09-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, the backup battery finally arrived. So, tonight I unpacked it, took some pics and tommorow night I start the install.

Thats the battery and small module next to a quarter for reference.

It has 4 main wires.

-Red- is the Positive power INPUT. This charges the battery and needs to go to a main power source in the car.

-Black- is the usual ground.

-Blue- goes to the instant trigger on the alarm brain. This will send a negative trigger to the alarm if the main battery is unhooked. This will also trigger the alarm.

-Gray- is the positive OUTPUT. This goes to the main power INPUT on the alarm. It will supply power ONLY to the alarm sytem if the main battery is unhooked.

Like I said, tommorow night I will be removing the old alarm and start prepping this one for install. Stay tuned, alot more to come...
Old 09-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can't wait for a step by step made specifically for an EF! Can't get any better than that!
Old 09-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VegaS10 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Like I said, tommorow night I will be removing the old alarm and start prepping this one for install. Stay tuned, alot more to come...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Excellent, please be generous with the pics!
Old 09-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KrenzyRyan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KrenzyRyan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Excellent, please be generous with the pics! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Obviously you've never met this man. All he does is take pix.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tippyman)

http://www.autopageusa.com/t_i...a12be
what about this alarm any good my buddy loves it
Old 09-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (powerpro_69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tippyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Obviously you've never met this man. All he does is take pix. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I took a ton off pics at the Urban Import meet last weekend. I hope I don't run out of room in my photobucket account. I'll will be taking ALOT of pics. Since I will be working during the day and doing this at night I will have to go slow (being tired) but this will allow me to take alot more pics since I won't be rushing.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by powerpro_69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> http://www.autopageusa.com/t_i...a12be
what about this alarm any good my buddy loves it</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am unfamiliar with this alarm, so, I really can't offer any feedback on it. Sorry.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I took a ton off pics at the Urban Import meet last weekend. I hope I don't run out of room in my photobucket account. I'll will be taking ALOT of pics. Since I will be working during the day and doing this at night I will have to go slow (being tired) but this will allow me to take alot more pics since I won't be rushing.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Make two accounts.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 PM
inh
Honda-Tech Member

imageshack ftw!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:17 AM

Nice write up.
I will be doing this on my crx. Can you put more than one tilt sensor on the car, i was thinking hood and hatch and some where on the car to cove all the bases?
I am in the navy and have to leave my car for months at a time so i unhook the bat. but i would like to have a way to activate the alarm during this time how could i do this? also what about impact sensors or something so if someone hits the car or puts a rock in the window?
sorry i have lots of questions would you rather me pm or post?
Old 09-29-2007, 01:33 AM
inh
Honda-Tech Member

I think you're kinda screwed man. i'm in the army, and I the only way I can think of to have an alarm powered while we're away is with solar panels.. I think the best bet would be to put a panel on the window with the most sun,and use it to charge a small battery than can run the alarm for say 3 days..

You can get shock sensors for this alarm, but they can be falsly triggered pretty easily. I'm sure with the right mounting and good adjustment it wouldnt be a problem though.

For the hood and trunk, you can just use switches that will activate when either is lifted.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crxzcracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxzcracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice write up.
I will be doing this on my crx. Can you put more than one tilt sensor on the car?

Only one is needed

i was thinking hood and hatch and some where on the car to cove all the bases?

This alalrm has 2 negative trigger inputs for this reason. One for the doors, one for the hatch, and since this is a remote start unit, it has a hoodpin switch

I am in the navy and have to leave my car for months at a time so i unhook the bat. but i would like to have a way to activate the alarm during this time how could i do this?

I have no clue.

also what about impact sensors or something so if someone hits the car or puts a rock in the window?

The alarm comes with a shock sensor, and DEI makes a glass breakage sensor.

sorry i have lots of questions would you rather me pm or post? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just post them here. That way I only have to answer them once. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:02 AM

******* rad dude
Old 09-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdmek910)

Tonight I'm pulling the old alarm out. I put it in when I first got the car and did it in a hurry, like, maybe an hours worth of work. I cut my finger pretty bad today at work, that explains the tape.

First pic is under the dash. Some of the wires are from the gauge pod on the pillar. I may be removing this as well. Since it's a stock B16, there is'nt much to monitor.

Here is where the old brain sat.

The previous owner had the LED in this knockout panel. I put the current one there and hot glued it in place, so, it looks like I'll be leaving it there. No big deal.

Me holding the old alarm.

And this is where I'll be spending ALOT of time in the coming days....

I'm going to try and get the new alarm seated in the car tonight and once you folks see it, I think you'll be VERY surprised where this is gonna go.

Stay tuned...
Old 09-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Only thing I really thought about reading this thread..

Anyone really listen to car alarms anymore?

To get a bystander to look or a thief to back off, I think if you need to get the horn to go off in an unusual pattern of honks, or something that sounded more human-made then just an alarm.

love the thread also.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yputanxy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yputanxy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Only thing I really thought about reading this thread..

Anyone really listen to car alarms anymore?

To get a bystander to look or a thief to back off, I think if you need to get the horn to go off in an unusual pattern of honks, or something that sounded more human-made then just an alarm.

love the thread also. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree man. With the headlights flashing, parking lights flashing, horn honking and sirens going off someone is bound to notice. Not to forget the alarm will be paging me at the same time.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is the part alot of folks have been waiting for. I'm putting the alarm under the front seat. As you can see, there are alot of parts to this alarm. It would be a huge bundle and mess to try and put this under ANY dash.

I have Corbeau racing seats in the car. I am not using the sliders so the seats are stationary. With this in mind, even if the theif knew the alarm is under the seat, they would have to pull the bolts out to get to it. On a regular sliding seat, ther may be some access, but they would still have to know the location of the brain.

Like I said, the seat DOES NOT slide, so it's a very effective cover for the alarm.

My finger is really bugging me, and I have to take a break so it can heal. Plus, typing sucks...lol.

On with the last batch of pics for the night...

More tommorow folks.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

supscribed
Old 09-29-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: (BlakeJ53)

so far so good
Old 09-29-2007, 05:41 PM

this won't help if your not home when your ride gets towed.

Get a wheel boot along with an alarm. Make it even more secure.

Quick Reply: --How to: alarm install-- REALLY THEFT PROOF!!!