Notices

Honk Honk.....CRASH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honk Honk.....CRASH!!!

i wrecked my 90 crx today, makes me sad when i think about it. the only good thing is, it wasn't my fault, but either way, i come out of the ordeal screwed. No car, just a little bit of money, not enough to buy another ef, not really enough money to do anything with. oh, and if anybody needs any parts off a 1990 crx si, let me know, i'll take it off. i have pretty much everything, except for the driver side headlight and corner light, both exploded on impact. the front bumper is crunched, so no bumper, but the si lip survived , and if anybody has a cheap mode of transportation, preferably honda, pm me. i'll be looking for some in the future. tough thing to look at a mangled ef .

Travis
Old 01-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (vuse1)

Sorry to hear about your wreck. Are you ok though? what happend? may need parts Ill pm you if I can get some $$ togeathor.

Blaze
Old 01-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that
its not totalled yet
ill say wait and have their insurance comp pay u and put new stuff on ur car...
look at this way.. my club leader was hit by an old guy... with insurance money he got a brand new paint, body kit, shaved moldings, eblems etc and car looks better
il say wait until u hear from them
hope everybody its ok
Old 01-15-2003, 08:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tough luck man.. I'm accually kind of hoping someone hits my hatch so I have an excuse to get a rex.

When you're ready to start parting her off, do you have any performance parts that will be on the list?
Old 01-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (thumpu77)

I'm accually kind of hoping someone hits my hatch so I have an excuse to get a rex.

?
shame on u..... u are a disgrace to all HB owners... dont say u wanna hit her....better give her away to somebody that will appreciate her... but dont destroy her....
Old 01-15-2003, 08:29 PM

i was driving straight, and the lady crossed in front of me from the turn lane, and we connected front end to front end. the funny thing was, i got asked at least 25 times, " did your airbag deploy?". hahah. the other funny thing was my little 1.6L sohc was still running after the collision. as far as preformance, i only had exhaust, but i already sold it to a friend. the cops and wrecker ppl thought i was crazy, i danced around her car when she got the citation for causing the wreck . im hope her insurance company doesn't total my car, that will make me really sad, btw does anybody know how much it is to buy back a car from the ins. company? just an estimate?
Old 01-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have a nice climate control, I would love to purchase it from you. Thanks, Ryan
pg831@lycos.com
Old 01-15-2003, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (droppedcrxsi)

Even if you car is totaled you could usually just register with a salvage title.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear of your loss, i can honestly say i feel your pain and then some.Mine was my fault technically(Stupid Rain).
Has the adjuster looked at it yet and given you a figure?The reason I ask is that last June I wrecked my 91 STD hatch.I paid $1500 for it.It had 127000 miles on it when it died. The adjuster inspected it totaled out at $3500, minus $500 deductable. I walked away with $3000. I thought I wasn't gonna get **** for it. Also if you can be there when they look at it. I was there when my adjuster, who was contracted to look at it, and he gave me a good estimate.I did talk w/ him to try to butter him up.Remember to look real pittiful.Adjuster might take pitty and give you a lil help.Just my 2 cents
Old 01-15-2003, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (SEA Hag)

Well when I got hit and they totaled out my car (85 CRX about 6 years ago) I was given the option of either I believe $2100 with giving them my car or $1700 and me keeping my car. As for you parting it out, have you had estimates done already?? I wouldnt sell anything off of it until after the estimate cause if you dont want it totaled out you for surely dont want the repair costs to exceed the value of the car. If its only a little front end damage I would say that your pretty save to say that the repairs wont go over what the car is worth. But if you really want to stick it to her tell the people wherever you go for estimates that you want everything replaced with new OEM parts that way it jacks up the cost quite a bit well and also who would want their car to get fixed from a shop with used or aftermarket parts if your not paying for it??
Old 01-16-2003, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (Vinceg99)

Sorry to hear about your car. Not to sound like a vulture, but if you feel like parting it out I would be interested in the si tranny since your in the area.
isaacd@eudoramail.com
Old 01-16-2003, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (yellowcrx1991)

im going to try to get some pics up tomorrow, but i've never posted pics, so it might take a few tries. thanks for all the advice. now i know a little more of what to do when the adjuster comes to look at it, it being my first wreck and all. thanks again. i'll have the pics up just as soon as i figure it out.

Travis
Old 01-16-2003, 08:10 PM

man that sux, hope u come out on top.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (jungle)

Sorry to hear about that man. Nice Simpsons reference, BTW.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (tylerdurden)

cant you tell an insurance car not to total it but to fix it since it wasnt your fault... I think that you should as long as it is not an insane amount of cash to fix... You are taking the loss due to their customers fault... Its only fair to me...
Old 01-17-2003, 08:07 AM

i did that not to long ago. ur wreck seems simalar in nature too. i had ro replace a hood headlight corner lamp turn signal bumper fender, and had to have part of a rad support welded in. i paid for it outta pocket and got the bumpers painted, and a tiny amount of rust removed and it cost me about 1200 total using some used parts and some new parts

i kept insurance outta it cause it was my fault and i didnt **** up anyone elses ****
Old 01-17-2003, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (88hondahatch)

That's a major bummer.. I hope you're OK man. BTW: my friend who got rear ended in an old accord they ins. company considered it a total and would have givin' him 3200$ but he kept the car so they gave him the car and 2700$.

500$ off to keep the car.. not too shabby if you make over 500$ from selling its parts.

About the car... I'll take your turn signal switch off your hands if your don't mind!

15$?
Old 01-21-2003, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (rice_classic)

Here are some after pics

Old 01-21-2003, 05:51 PM
No Big Whoop

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's fixable!
believe it or not that's a good place to get hit.
I bought a CRX that was crshed but in very good shape otherwise.
the damage was done on the passenger side, front of the car.
the impact bent the frame and the door didn't line up well. Repairs were too expensive and I decided to part the car.
If your doors close well, and the gap around the doors is even, specially along the A pillar and roof, I say fix it.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (Spaceballs the lunch box)

looks fixable to me... new front bumper, hood, cross member work... unless thers more?
Old 01-21-2003, 06:01 PM

Really shitty

Sorry to hear that man
Old 01-21-2003, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (91SIvic)

looks fixable to me... new front bumper, hood, cross member work... unless thers more?
In other words.... time for a JDM front end
Old 01-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In other words.... time for a JDM front end
Exactly what i was thinking! sorry about your accident man, hopefully your ins. company is cool. good luck!
Old 01-21-2003, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (glowing_rotors)

That's fixable!

Yeah right. You can repair the crx. You will just (if you have the $$) have to change the hood, bumper and some others things. Like another said : this is the time to do the JDM big changing.

Old 01-21-2003, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!! (kana)

that sucks alot. are you ok? no injuries?

if you do decide to total it, can i have the lil plastic peice that goes over the clock buttons?

Quick Reply: Honk Honk.....CRASH!!!