Notices

Help with part number for coolant overflow tank mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with part number for coolant overflow tank mount

Hi guys,

I'm hoping this thread results in a "use the search" type of reply, but my brain is apparently the dumb today.

I'm building up a 91 Civic with a H22 swap for track days, and the fellow that built the car somehow left off the radiator's coolant overflow tank. Now, I have no idea how we didn't overheat the car (and maybe we did a smidge), but regardless, I've got a replacement tank, hose, etc, however I cannot for the life of me figure out the part number for the coolant overflow tank's metal bracket / mount that the plastic tank slides into. I feel like I've gone through every single parts page on Honda dealer's websites to try to find where the part's listed, but, I'm having no luck.

To reference another car's part list, I'm looking for part #8 in this Integra's diagram: https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...ator-hose-scat

If you check the 91 Civic's part list for the same area, there is no bracket shown: https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...DIATOR+%281%29

Any thoughts here? Worse comes to worse, I might see if my Integra's mount will fit the Civic's coolant tank, and if so, I can just order the Integra's mount and "make it fit".

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-25-2017, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help with part number for coolant overflow tank mount

There is no metal bracket, It's fixed/ built in to the front left engine mount on the shock tower. You'll see it once you look again. It's like 4 tabs sticking out that the bottle slides behind, similar to the metal brack ones.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help with part number for coolant overflow tank mount

Awesome! Thank you for calling that out. I'm smacking my head for not seeing that, but in any case, one more "to-do" off the plate!

Next up is finishing the rear disc brake swap and finishing the bushing / suspension refresh.