Notices

help my crx is having isses

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help my crx is having isses

Ok so its an OBD1 converted with a GSR motor. I chipped the ecu and car ran fine..

The other day I noticed car was off timing. So I fixed it and now its dead on perfect.

I also noticed that PRIOR to fixing the timing, that there was oil in cylinder 4. So I bought a new VC gasket kit and installed it (kit comes with the spark plug seals).

OK I also run an odyssey battery (PC680). Prior to the fixing of the timing the car turns on on the dime and even after a week of not turning it on, it cranked right up.

Issue #1::::::Now when I took the car for a drive (after fixing the timing)it kinda sputters round 4k rpms. Thats on a gradual acceleration, but if I press on it its sputters and is slow but it clears up better up top.
(I think this is because the chip was tuned on the previous timing setting and now that I put it on timing everything is off) Am I possibly right?

Issue #2:::::::: I'm running a Fluidyne radiator (long one) with one slim fan. (the car has no AC). Never overheated. Its also set up in a way that when the key is turned on all the way prior to actually turning it on the fan automatically turns on. So I was in traffic for about a good 45 minutes bumper to bumper real bad and the car started to over heat. I exit highway to detour and when i saw the traffic cleared on the highway i got back on it and doing about 45mph-up the overheating stopped.. Is this normal or should i get another slim fan or wth is the problem.

Issue #3:::::::: I go to turn on the car prior to all this and the car has trouble turning on. But it turns on.
Now idk if its because of the ecu programmed on my old timing now that i have my timing fixed and it doesnt allow to turn on correctly or could this be my battery. (I know odysseys cant settle or they go bad but this is weird.) or the battery is bad.

I kow I can test out the battery but ****, where I have it placed would suck to have to take it out to test it..

All this happened after fixing the timing.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help my crx is having isses

so I checked the timing and the cam gears are perfect but the crank pulley was off timing.. There were 3 marks close together and one white mark that was seperate. I lined up with the white seperate since thats TDC.. Car turned on just fine..