Notices

Gimme ideas!!

Old 02-10-2007, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gimme ideas!!

OK, im starting to play around with my slow *** 4door, I just ordered coilovers and a header (both shitty) and I have an intake for it, I'm doing MPFI as soon as I find a good deal on the parts for it, but after that what else would yall recommend doing? BTW, i'm looking to keep my car (somewhat) quiet, so im not building the exhaust all the way. so, give me ideas, thanks! oh yeah and im poor as hell, so no rly expensive stuff (especially swaps).
Old 02-10-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Gimme ideas!! (Coolcat55)

or not
Old 02-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

boost it ex/si tranny forget those shitty intake and headers and check out homemadeturbo.com you like its good if your on the budget
Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gimme ideas!! (MagnaniEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MagnaniEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">boost it ex/si tranny forget those shitty intake and headers and check out homemadeturbo.com you like its good if your on the budget</TD></TR></TABLE>

FTWinNzOR

boosted Ef 4 doors are sex.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Gimme ideas!! (Vantage)

Invest in good suspension too. Bad suspension = Blown shocks.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Gimme ideas!! (YouvGotMail)

^ i've heard thats true but only if you lower it too much. I'm only lowering it 1" all around, so I doubt it will be a problem. but i guess ill have to find out.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Trial User

you have 18 yr old shocks.... think their gonna handle being lowered even an inch on ebay coilovers?? Bad coilovers are gonna give you a Bad ride. Guarantee it.

There is a reason why people buy $1,000 set-ups. Because they dont break and they are quality. Suspension is not something you wanna cheap out on. You can get full suspension for like $500 bucks new. Even $300 used.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:59 AM

Default Re: Gimme ideas!! (YouvGotMail)

I keep hearing everyone says that cheapo coilovers ride like ****, but my friend has them all around on his 240, and it rides fine in my opinion. bumpiness does not bother me at all, even tho his car rly isn't that bumpy of a ride, his brother's Miata is bumpy as **** going down road (it has built suspension (all name brand) and is bumpier than the 240 on ebay's), but it doesn't bother me at all. I know its prolly not the best idea to buy cheap coilovers, but you don't understand, IM POOR!! like... REALLY poor. and I'm just starting off VERY small with the mods to my car, hopefully when i actually get some money I will start doing some better work to it. and anyways, ricer idiots at the JandJ will probably buy those ebays from me for 100 bucks.

About the homemade turbo: Me and a friend of mine had this idea for my car, but besides him EVERYONE reccomended not turbo'ing it. (except yall now). This other guy has a small garrett turbo, but it would be a kinda expensive project to do, maybe something for the future when im not SO ******* DAMN POOR GOD I HATE IT. aight thanks for the advice guys.

oh yeah, and also, i've been hearing MSD spark plug wires highly reccomended, I just dont see how a more powerfull spark can make a car run better, it seems to me that any old spark will get the job done but i dont know, has anyone hear had noticible results with them? and is it worth the 80 bucks? also, i've hearded lightweight underdrive pulleys free up a lot of power, true or not?
Old 02-11-2007, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pulleys make the most difference on cars with p/s and a/c. And for me, i dont trust anything other than the stock crank pully, becuase it is also a harmonic balancer. I can definatly relate to the poor thing. The only thing i regret is buying crap before i knew any better. The best piece of advice i can give to you is to save up, research, and expect to change your mind. You want to do it right the first time.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Gimme ideas!! (gibsanez)

wat is p/s? i had the a/c belt connected on my car a while back, i took it off, absolutely no change at all.. waste of my time, and my friend was telling me about how fast it would rev up. ya right.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

p/s is power steering
Old 02-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Joey come on....lol...that was a while back it was funny watching someone cut their working A/C belt.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (Simon Tibbett)

Dude you have it twisted. Your buying cheap suspension and name brand ignition wires, hopefully you didnt buy a namebrand intake either.

If your building on a budget, buy an ebay shortram intake for 30 bucks and get a k&n filter for 40 and outperform any other shortram. For the spark go to ebay, it probably wont matter because replicas are on ebay for like 30, ive seen the pics on what their made of and it looks alright.

For suspension stick with stock until you can afford a used setup for a couple hundred. No matter how much you want to lower it...Dont do it. Cutting your springs is better than ebay springs, your springs are at least designed for your car. Dont cut them either.

Either that or just save your money
Old 02-11-2007, 07:50 PM

What about a full suspension bushing kit?

http://www.autopartswarehouse....age=2
heres one ^

will that really make a large difference? and is it going to be squeaky as ****? cus i dont want it to be squeaky.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (Coolcat55)

bushings are good.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not all bushings squeek son
Old 02-12-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Re: (Simon Tibbett)

just checking, cus yur's do not like its a bad thing tho. for me it is. i've heard "urethane" bushings squeak, but these are "polyurethane" so i rly don't know. w/e.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

On a cold morning my bushing squeek like a bastard
Old 02-12-2007, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

As long as you keep sylicone greese on them they do not squeek. The stuff you put on during installment should last a year and a half with daily driving. Only thing about a bushing kit is most of the bushings in your suspension will need to be pressed out...aka you need help from someone with a press and you can't use your car during this process

ohh yea and expect to have problems with the rear shock bolts that connect the shock to the lower control arm
Old 02-12-2007, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Joey...what exactly are you trying to do with your car? Like...what are you trying to make it?

Oh and no more busing squeek I fixed it.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh, and so you all know lol, the reason he can't do springs and all is because his dad wont let him tune the car up, so he wants to do coilovers so he can raise it and lower it. Stuff like that So he cannot turbo it either.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:22 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (Creator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Creator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ohh yea and expect to have problems with the rear shock bolts that connect the shock to the lower control arm</TD></TR></TABLE>

held me back a week

If you cant mod your car cause of your parents, I guarantee if you buy coilovers your not gonna continue to lower and raise the vehicle everyday/night. It will take too much time doing that everyday and evenly. I say just save your money, browse HT, and figure stuff out when you can mod your car. You will have more info by that time too.

Theres no point in sneaking around putting ebay coils on ur car, when your gonna

A.Crash your car
B. Blow your shocks
C. Get caught up by your parents
D. Buy new ones 3 weeks later.

My only advice is your gonna change your mind a million and one times. I remember when I wanted to buy all the ebay **** cause it was cheap, but trust me

quality &gt; quantity . . . . . ive learned that one from experience.....gotta pay to play
Old 02-12-2007, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If that is the case...wait a little while till you know your not going to get any nasty weather; although, you are in GA so you probably don't see snow much ever. Save up and buy some good summer only performance tires talk to the shop you take it too and see how big you can go on your stock rims. You can have these put on without your dad even noticing. Tires are a very important part of your cars handeling ability.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (Creator)

Tires shouldnt be first on his list.... He doesnt require performance summer tires on a stock 4door. Like I said man just save up, you'll probably want a different honda by the summer time.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

His parents wont let him buy another car
back to coilovers personally I have never had a problem with Ebay coilovers, they are bumpy yes, but none have ever broken on me, no shocks ever been blown (I can see that happening but never has with me), I think for a starter Ebay coilovers are fine. As long as you don't drop it 4 inches. One 4 inch drop will not handle good, two then you will blow your shocks probably.

Joey if struts worry you, buy some new ones, to go with your Ebay coilovers. I say the coilovers, sway bars, then MPFI and the other things.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gimme ideas!!