Notices

Finally New Crossmembers From Camp1320.com

Old 07-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally New Crossmembers From Camp1320.com

Just thought i share with my fellow EF members( ill put up more pics and install pics, my battery on the digi just ran out)
So i have been waiting for Tom from Camp1320.com for 3 months now. After Place Racing closed down/went out of bussiness and they stop making the front cross members us EF guys were **** out of luck unless we paid $300-500 from a traction bar. My stock member with ES inserts did the job so i didnt need the traction bars. Anyways after a long 3 months they are fianlly out... these things are bad ***. Evn stonger and lighter. i guess there were finally worth the wait.
The bar is made out of mild steel but unlike the flat bar from place racing these are round and give you even more clearance. I think you can put a 4 or 5 inch down pipe with these bars.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally New Crossmembers From Camp1320.com (Blueprint)

How much $$
Old 07-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Finally New Crossmembers From Camp1320.com (vegaskurt)

Bump looks really nice. Would also like to know price
Old 07-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally New Crossmembers From Camp1320.com (Magick211)

I'm with him ^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-11-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Finally New Crossmembers From Camp1320.com (CRX Toad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much $$</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally New Crossmembers From Camp1320.com (vegaskurt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much $$</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much $$</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much $$</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much $$</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much $$</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much $$</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much $$</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what everyone wants to know!
Old 07-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I emailed the person on their website asking price, weight, and whether or not a b18 with aftermarket header will have no clearance issues. (I guess I should have asked about downpipes for you turbo guys).

Hopefully I'll have the info for everyone soon.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jedubz)

sorry guys.. Tom is so busy he cant reply... he is always out picking up parts or finding new **** for everyone.. the cross members are $199 and they are exactly the same as place racing with a lil more clearance. they are triple coat powder coated for rust protection. the weight is 15lbs and they are very very sturdy you can call the shop at 818-718-9352 for more inquries.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CAMP1320MARK)

What traction bars will work with that cross member or is it made for the oem ones?
Old 07-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vegaskurt)

looks very nice, finally crossmember that looks good with lots of clearance and for $200 well worth it
Old 07-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What traction bars will work with that cross member or is it made for the oem ones?</TD></TR></TABLE>

YEAH! Planning on finally gettimg my car back on the road. I'd like to know this too.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.6 dohc ed9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sure, I make mistakes, but learn from every one ------- Manny</TD></TR></TABLE> hahahaha! sorry. I just could'nt help but noticed something I always say, quoted by another Manny.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

those are nice I may get one soon
Old 07-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91 crx savage)

Camp1320 isnt selling L-Con bars anymore? Those used to be the only traction bars he was selling.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Losrocket_)

i waited forever for these from camp 1320... haha i got fed up and made my own.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (speeddave)

weird design

pics of it installed?
Old 07-12-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: (Garrett)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Garrett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">weird design

pics of it installed?</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.6 DOHC ED9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks very nice, finally crossmember that looks good with lots of clearance and for $200 well worth it </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-12-2005, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally New Crossmembers From Camp1320.com (Blueprint)

like to see it installed, also are those tabs mounts for an EG style radiator?
Old 07-12-2005, 06:32 AM

dang, good eye i also just noticed it when u said that, could for us turbo guys!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Finally New Crossmembers From Camp1320.com (APEX CRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by APEX CRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">like to see it installed, also are those tabs mounts for an EG style radiator?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes those are mounts for the EG radiator.....i ordered one last night and Tom said he stands behind this design 100%. Ill be installing this xmember along with a few other goodies and i will make sure to take pics for everyone to see it installed. I will also be at the St Louis meet for anyone to look at this is person.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:04 AM

Default Re: (Losrocket_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Losrocket_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Camp1320 isnt selling L-Con bars anymore? Those used to be the only traction bars he was selling.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And no he isnt selling the L-Con bars for EF's anymore due to a few problems he said, and since Place Racing went out of business he decided to make a xmember very similiar due to such a good design just for us EF guys.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (doublek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What traction bars will work with that cross member or is it made for the oem ones?</TD></TR></TABLE>
you still use a tractoin bar with this? whats the differentce between a crossmember and a traction bar? (sorry for the newbie ? i just always thought they were the same thing)

I like the idea that it will fit an EG rad. but im surprised it doesn't have the from motor mount.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:58 AM

This is your traction bar.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (doublek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doublek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is your traction bar. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im pretty sure that is a cross member, traction bars go from the cross member to the lower control arms of the suspension. Like if you look at the jimfab or full race crossmember, it comes with traction bars.

I'm just wondering if you would have to use the OEM twigs on this one.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Im pretty sure that is a cross member, traction bars go from the cross member to the lower control arms of the suspension. Like if you look at the jimfab or full race crossmember, it comes with traction bars.

I'm just wondering if you would have to use the OEM twigs on this one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF are you talking about? Its called a radius rod! Front crossmember and traction bar are the same thing.

And the OEM aren't twigs, they are fine and made out of steel. Most swedged tubes used in aftermarket crossmembers are made out of aluminum, with slightly greater diameter, but not any stronger. The only reason they don't reuse the radius rod is because its not adjustable.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vegaskurt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm just wondering if you would have to use the OEM twigs on this one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was kind of confused on this as well, but when i talked to Tom he said you use your stock radius bars and lca bushings.
Im still a little confused on this also and would like a little more explination. If your using your stock radius bars and control arm bushings, I dont see where its gonna help wheel hop like a traditional traction bar would. The weakness in OEM is the radius bars and bushings so i dont see where this is going to help us if we are looking for a traction bar and not just a crossmember that offers more room or eg radiator mounts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally New Crossmembers From Camp1320.com