Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (RUEHL925)

Old 03-23-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: (RUEHL925)

all this info is cool to know so you can recognize the difference between real and fake i never knew the difference. but does it really matter, i appreciate all types of cars that are done RIGHT and as long as it looks clean and you rep the import scene in a decent fashion then you shouldnt get bashed for having a "fake" kit. i think the blueish greyish crx is hot fake or not .. its better then seeing crx's with huge wings , light up hood squirters, pep boy rims and a big VTECH/ Type R sticker...just my .02 what do i know im a noob
Old 03-23-2007, 12:05 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (notAplayer_jusEFalot)

I can be somewhat of a JDM purist but, I have rocked a few sets of Rotas on the daily drivers I have owned in the past, so I am guilty as charged. I look more at the work someone put into a car and the overall appearance. If its clean and looks tasteful...I give it the props its due. Fake parts are just the start for some people till they eventually get the real deal. That is if they are into detail and purity...if not..who cares..we are all building cars and keeping the scene alive! This is a very informative write-up by the way!!
Old 03-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (GearSpeedEF7)

I have no problem with fake parts as long as you keep it real, and don't say it is real, when it is not. I have a fake front bumper.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRXBart)

This isnt a debate over real or imitation parts. Its about saying something about a part that isnt true. Its like getting Rota Slips and saying that they are SW388s when they arnt. If you say they are slips then there is no problem.

CRX Forum
Old 03-23-2007, 04:20 PM

i agree with the last 3 gents. I have a set of black slipstreams because i beat the **** out of my car and dont take care of it like i should and its a daily driver. I dont appreciate who has a set of fake whatever and says its real. I do appreciate people who just enjoy hondas and driving in general. I'll toast to any man who still gets sweaty hands and smiles when going too fast or sliding around a turn. C'est la vie.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRXBart)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The other guy has a WW kit with a Vis front, and a Mugen CRX door sticker or atleast of replica of it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
not a vis front...its actually a custom one-off fiberglass piece done 5+ years ago.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: (Stefndogg)

i believe vis used his bumper as the mold actually. dont quote me.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
Old 04-03-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: (MOE@Hyper16Valve)

Nice write up
Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (icbmatt)

Jimmy @ PandaGarage is a legit seller
Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Re: (GearSpeedEF7)

Nice useful thread. I never knew there was such a difference in quality fitment between the real stuff and the knock off's. I'd definatly pay for the real thing in the future.

Fred
Old 04-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Fred Allen Burge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fred Allen Burge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice useful thread. I never knew there was such a difference in quality fitment between the real stuff and the knock off's. I'd definatly pay for the real thing in the future.</TD></TR></TABLE>
it also depends on who puts it on... here's a side shot of my car with the ww sides...

and my vis front...

it's really hard to find a real mugen one when no one wants to ship to canada anymore
Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This may be a silly question but I just never understood why everyone blocks out their plate number.
Is it a crime?
Anyone?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh, one more thing.
If I ever caught someone trying to rip me off with some fake JDM piece, I would send "Mike the enforcer" after them.
CRXFORUM FTW!!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Speed--Freak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Speed--Freak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This may be a silly question but I just never understood why everyone blocks out their plate number.
Is it a crime?
Anyone?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

People do that because it is fairly simple to get information on the person and their car from their license plate information. There are websites where you can for a small fee purchase the information of the person whom the car's plate is regestered too. Also some states allow you to go into the DMV and for a nominal fee purchase the infromation regarding the plate owners information. Some states do not allow this anymore, but other states you can get the infromation for as little as $5.

So for $5 thieves can get all the information needed to know where the car is located to steal it from you.

Good thing I live in Canada and this information is not available like in the US, but just to be safe I still block my plates out.

CRX Forum
Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Speed--Freak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Speed--Freak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh, one more thing.
If I ever caught someone trying to rip me off with some fake JDM piece, I would send "Mike the enforcer" after them.
CRXFORUM FTW!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Meh I shoot like a girl. Ask CRXBart that's his gun.

CRX Forum
Old 04-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crxforum)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxforum &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Meh I shoot like a girl. Ask CRXBart that's his gun.

CRX Forum</TD></TR></TABLE>

I pitty the fool, who tries to fake the funk, and pass their WW kit, as real Mugen.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I never got to shoot the guns .
Old 04-05-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (crxforum)

nice work bro
Old 04-05-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (Skipper75)

oh and nice guns

be careful dudes
Old 04-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (MOE@Hyper16Valve)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MOE@Hyper16Valve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WELL i hate to say it but this guys car might be rockin some FAKE **** after all these Years???thought it WAS the real DEAL???something like that HUH"JBLAZE"...MOE@HYPER16VALVE...
BUMP THIS WHERE IT BELONGS...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no idea what you just said.

CRX Forum
Old 04-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (Tyson)

Please keep this thread on topic, unrelated posts will be deleted!
Old 12-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (EL Vap133)

Bringing this thread back to life to say, I got a real deal front on the way now. So soon my car will be 100% authentic Mugen kitted.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Rainman

Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (CRXBart)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bringing this thread back to life to say, I got a real deal front on the way now. So soon my car will be 100% authentic Mugen kitted. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Let me be the first to say that we are all waiting on pins and needles for this to happen, I mean...you are our God in the EF forum...

But why, Lord, why, have you left us for sooo long....we have wandered aimlessly like the sheep we are, without your guidance to what is wholesome and good for our cars.

We have sheltered in the valley of the shadow of death, and lo, it has not been good. Why dost thee so choose to grace us with thine presence now?
We have suffered hardships and struggles beyond comprehension from the newb invasion of late. For behold....we have been overrun by inexperienced noobs....we cannot hold off the noob invasion on our own.

Please commit, Lord Bart, to stand firm in thy beleifs of EF. To hold fast to the truth that is thine own. To battle any non beleiver amongst the ranks of the rest of us, the unholy, the demon seed, the corrupt of car worldom that are known as:

THE EF'ERS OF THE WORLD!!

UNITE MY BRETHEREN! AND DON'T LOOK BACK, FOR THE FUTURE, AND ALL MANKIND.............IS OURS!

Quick Reply: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes