Notices

Ef civic related

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ef civic related

obd0 d15b2 with pm6 ecu is what’s under my hood.

when I did my Mpfi swap. I simply cut the pins off of wires for a1,3,5 & 7 leaving the two red and two yellow wires there to hang next to the ecu. Then soldering the four pins to four four wires that ran to the injector clips.

with the mono tech harness I got in the mail. There is an additional 4 pin plug connector that mono tech uses for the Tdc dizzy wires and injectors for cylinders 1 & 3. The “kit” provides a pigtail for that plug that reaches to the ecu. That’ll pin into connector A slots 1 & 3 and connector C slots 1 & 2

The continuity from or to idk which is more correct. From injector clip cylinder #2 goes to the two red wires that were originally at the ecu for pins 5 & 7 and continuity From injector clip cylinder #4 goes to the two yellow wires that were originally at the ecu for pins 1 & 3.

My question is since I need to repin and use again apparently both or just one the two red wires and both or just one of the two yellow wires. I don’t know if I’m supposed to splice both of the red wires together and then repin it and use technically both wires at the same time and do the same for the yellow wires. Or can I use just one red and one yellow and I’ll be fine. Leaving still one red and one yellow wire hanging since there are four all together.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:32 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts
Default Re: Ef civic related

You can leave one of each of the wires hanging - I recommend taping up the end so that it can't short out to anything. Your continuity doesn't sound right to me though.

A1 should go to Injector 1
A3 should go to Injector 2
A5 should go to Injector 3
A7 should go to Injector 4
Old 03-24-2019, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks I was going to leave my injectors installed the way you explained in your reply. A1 to inj 1 and so on. Originally though the two dpfi injectors wires must have run to the driver side shocktower connector. Which then split into two red and two yellow wires at the A connector for the ecu. The mono tech harness connects its injector 2 red wire to the driver side shocktower connector. To same pin that has continuity to the two red wires that are originally at A5&7. Then does the same for the yellow injector 4 wire and the two yellow wires that are originally at A1&3.

another question for the wires at my dizzy which is a tdo2 for the mpfi system. I have a picture of two different pinout configurations for the dizzy connector.

I previously before installing this engine harness. I had my dizzy wires configured to the “Si” pinout above. Most of us know that C1&2 wires get moved to B10&12. Then additional wires are ran from C1&2 to the dizzy. The new engine harness now uses the configuration on the bottom. Which of the two configurations should I use with a pm6 ecu???

im curious because since I removed the old harness and the two wires that went from C1&2 to the dizzy. So now C1&2 slots are empty and here are the included intstructions.

This is how the new dizzy plug is wired

The two wires in the middle that are not labeled they are supposed to go to b10&12 as instructed. So do I Depin ecu connector plug wires currently at b10&12 and put them back to c1&2?????? Or do I Depin wires at the dizzy plug and configure them to one of the two configurations I provided

Last edited by Efmysedan; 03-24-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:33 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Below are my diagrams from when I did my MPFI conversion - my car is a 90 Civic DX Sedan, and started life with an auto transmission. I'm using a PM6 ECU as well. Both YEL wires from pins A1 and A3 merge inside the chassis harness and come out at the driver's shock tower plug as Pin 5 in my diagram. Both RED wires from pins A5 and A7 merge inside the chassis harness and come out at the driver's shock tower plug to Pin 2 in my diagram. Yes, on the OBD1 injector clips, Injector #2 has a RED wire, but this needs to go to the YEL wire that eventually goes to Pin A3 at the ECU, NOT the RED wire that goes to A5 and A7. Make sure that the YEL wire at ECU Pin A1 is cut. Injector #4 plug has a YEL wire, but similarly, this needs to go to the RED wire on the ECU at Pin 7.

Driver's side shock tower plug, chassis harness side

Driver's side shock tower plug, engine harness side

For the distributor, I'm using the "Normal SI Pinout" diagram you have above. However, as long as you make sure the correct pins on the distributor go to the correct pins on the ECU, you'll be fine. In my diagram below, this is the engine harness side of the plug, not the distributor side. I think if you wire it like is shown in the "DPFI to MPFI" diagram above, it keeps you from having to move wires at the ECU. However, in my diagram below, here is how I have mine wired:

Pin 1 on the distributor plug needs to end up at C3 at the ECU, and is for TDC
Pin 2 on the distributor plug needs to end up at C4 at the ECU, and is for TDC
Pin 3 on the distributor plug needs to end up at B15 and B17 at the ECU, and is for the ICM
Pin 4 on the distributor plug needs to end up at B10 at the ECU, and is for CKP
Pin 5 on the distributor plug needs to end up at B12 at the ECU, and is for CKP
Pin 6 on the distributor plug is empty
Pin 7 on the distributor plug needs to end up at C1 at the ECU, and is for CYP
Pin 8 on the distributor plug needs to end up at C2 at the ECU, and is for CYP

Old 03-24-2019, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres my driver side plug check it out and tell me if anything looks funny while I read your reply and double check wires.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks I plumed up the dizzy wires and installed the brown and blue injector wires to A1&5 for injectors 1&3

You said
Originally Posted by DaX
Injector #2 has a RED wire, but this needs to go to the YEL wire that eventually goes to Pin A3 at the ECU, NOT the RED wire that goes to A5 and A7. Make sure that the YEL wire at ECU Pin A1 is cut. Injector #4 plug has a YEL wire, but similarly, this needs to go to the RED wire on the ECU.
This part I’m not sure about. Injector #2’s red wire goes to two red wires but you say it should to go to the two yellow?? That would mean I have to Depin the driver side connector and switch the wires for injectors three and four. Why would I do that? Genuinely curious

injector #2’s red wire goes to two red wires at the ecu. Couldn’t I cut one of the red wires like you said and install the remaining red wire to slot A3?
Then for injector #4’s yellow wire that goes to two yellow wires that end up at the ecu couldn’t I cut one of them like you said and install the remaining yellow wire to slot A7?????

Last edited by Efmysedan; 03-24-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:43 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

The route the wire goes does not matter as long as it ends up at the correct ECU pin. What you suggested should work too.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update on my no start lol
so I had the ignition wires wrong. I was getting a code 8&9 so I depinned the the dizzy plug on the engine harness re really should have depinned the ecu connector but I didn’t so is what happened. For the code 8&9 i swapped the four wires for those codes on the dizzy plug and got rid of one of the codes 8or9 I forgot and then for the other code I swapped vertically the two wires on the dizzy plug and got rid of the remaining code. Still though I had the codes 7 for the tps I deppined the wires for the tps circuit at the ecu and ran three new wires to the ecu to another separate tps plug basically I hard wired the tps to the ecu. That got rid of the code 7 So now I got a code 6 10&13 I’m thinking because it they all share the same ground at the ecu and I messed with there ground that they share when I hard wired the tps sensor. So what should I do?and can you tell me where or what circuit has a bad ground that’s what I’m thinking it is for my tps senor. Should I undo the hard wire job and go back to having a code 7 and splice the ground wires into the ground circuit?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone in the 626 Sgv area with an ef can come by my house and test my two ecus on theyer ef to see if theyer any good